All reviews breakfast room black hills hot tub crazy horse nice stay indoor pool local attractions air conditioner jewel cave clean rooms bed was comfortable wind cave mt rushmore stayed nights motel queen dakota
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Room was clean. Bathroom had a shower curtain issue. It is lopsided so the curtain kept sliding open. Because of this the water went right to the floor. If it were lopsided the other way the water wouldn’t have left the shower at all.

Staff was great.

Basic breakfast in the morning but very clean area.

I didn’t use the pool but it did look inviting. It’s at the end of town so you do have to drive into town in order to shop til you drop.

Smokers really need to have their own area. I am highly allergic to cigarette smoke and asthmatic. There was a lady that was “guarding” the side door. After asking her to leave the area so I could walk back in with my dogs and try to throw away my trash in the garbage she wouldn’t. So I finally asked her to throw away my bag. She did but she said she shouldn’t have to touch poop. Again I told her to move and she wouldn’t have too.
I ended up walking my dogs thru the lobby near the breakfast room, which I don’t like to do because not everyone likes dogs.

Things were magically done in the hotel. I know there was housekeeping but they were so quiet. I really hope the owner is as nice as the staff makes them look/sound.

I needed to do laundry but was to tired but the laundry room looked great.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Marie M, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Custer/Crazy Horse Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Glad to hear you enjoyed most of your stay! We want our guests to be able to relax and enjoy themselves. sorry to hear about the smoker. The law says 25 ft away from entrances. Wish we could have done something to help you! it's ok to come through the lobby. we enjoy our furry friends. We will look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Decent place to stay for not a lot of money. The rooms are rather small if you have more than 2 people, hot water ran out by 8AM for showers. Nice parking lot for trailer parking and motorcycle friendly.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marie M, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Custer/Crazy Horse Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for staying with us. We deeply regret the hot water issue. Fuses and elements have been replaced and we are up and going with no issues at this time. Hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Top notch service here. Everyone we encountered was friendly and willing to help. Our room was super clean and tidy and very comfortable. Good breakfast every morning to get our day started. Highly recommend staying here.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marie M, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Custer/Crazy Horse Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for the great review! We sure enjoyed having you stay with us. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 2, 2019 via mobile

It can be a challenge when traveling with dogs but Super 8 makes it easy. There was lovely welcoming staff here, clean, warm accommodations, a good location, reasonable prices, a clean warm pool and a HOT hot tub!

A winner all around.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Marie M, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Custer/Crazy Horse Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2019

Thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We hope you come visit us again!

Reviewed August 24, 2019

We stayed here to visit the Custer area for three days. We have used this motel in the past and we have never been disappointed.
The room was clean, bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean and the people who work there were helpful and friendly.

Date of stay: August 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marie M, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Custer/Crazy Horse Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2019

We are always glad to welcome our returning guests! Will be looking forward to your return!