“Delicious Italian Food”

Description: Phone 771-5731
Los Angeles, California
“Delicious Italian Food”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were visiting the Volcan Area on a side trip from Boquete. We decided to try Il Forno based on recommendations and were very pleased. It is located in a charming wooden house with lots of character. My husband had the spaghetti with sausage and red sauce and I had the spaghetti with smoked trout and sun-dried tomatoes in an Alfredo sauce. Both were absolutely delicious and came in generous portions. Before the meal they brought out warm Italian bread (seemed homemade with EVOO and balsamic vinegar to dip into. It was so delicious we asked for more bread to so up the rest of our sauce and they happily obliged. They have a brick oven in which they make their pizzas. Piero, the chef, came out to say hello after our meal and even told us where we could buy cheese on our way back to Boquete. The prices ($12/ entree) are a little high for this area but very reasonable for American tourists.

• Visited November 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excelent service, food and people”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The restaurant is very cozy, owner Piero and Veronica will make you feel very comfortable. the pizzas (combination and blue cheese e prossutto) lasagna and desserts (panna cotta) are simply spectacular, so Italian.

“Great!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Great food, original italian flavor. Familiar and romantic atmosphere, very cozy. 10/10 i went with my husband and enjoyed an exceptional Salom Carpaccio. The pizzas are so delicious, great ingredients and portions. I love the fact that we got to meet the chef, which i consider a more personalized treatment. I recommend this place to everyone since it satisfies the entire family, kids, adults and elders.

Panama City, Panama
“Best pizza in the Republic of Panama”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

You can eat the pizza crust by itself and be satisfied. All the food we tried here is excellent, but the pizza alone is out of this world.
We've been to Il Forno 4 times in the past 6 months, and we can't wait to go back. Piero and Veronica make you feel right at home.
Menu is limited, but everything here is fresh and delicious.
The house wine is one of the best I've ever tried: Sagrantino di Montefalco. Piero imports it in bulk directly from Italy.
It's a small, cozy, rustic restaurant with fantastic Italian food.

• Visited June 2012
Findlay, Ohio
“Great Authentic Itlaian in a Friendly Environment”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My wife and I and another couple spent several days in the Volcan area. We had been in David before but never made it to Restorante II Forno. Since our other visit, ownership changed. The new owners have put their hearts into it. The quality of food and service was outstanding. The prices were reasonable and the food was que rico.

We started with the Focaccia Toscana. It was a large serving and very tasty. I had the Penne con camarones y zucchini alfredo. Alfredo can be tough because there are so many ways to prepare it. I like the alfredo sauce at the Original Alfredo’s at Walt Disney World. I like a creamy, buttery alfredo. Restorante II Forno is more thin. It is a good style, just not what I like. There was plenty of pasta, shrimp and zucchini. Others got the lasagna alla bolonese and it received two thumbs up and the best “I would get it again” vote. Our meal was accompanied by a good bottle of Italian wine. They had many different selections and they happy to bring all the different reds they had to our table to help us decide.

The wait staff was excellent and the owner (who is the chef) and his wife stopped by to make sure we enjoyed our visit. A first rate establishment.

I highly recommend the Restorante II Forno especially if you want something different than typical Panamanian fare.

• Visited March 2012