Hotel Mansion del Rio
$81
  • Pool
$56
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Finca Tatin(Livingston)(Great Value!)
$8
  • Bar/Lounge
Clarion Copan Ruinas(Copan Ruinas)
$105
$89
Terramaya(Copan Ruinas)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Brisas de Copan(Copan Ruinas)(Great Value!)
$17
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnice poolclean roomspedal boatsthe riverdel rioquiet locationwater activitieshairdryerplansgroundsmattressesantigua
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We spend one night an that day rain lake never, power went out around 9:00 and came back next day at 8:00 no sleep at all for the entire night, in the morning they still charge the full amount, went I had to fine another place to slip. don't go there save your many.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank noname0123456789
Reviewed April 23, 2011

My family and I went back to Mansion del Rio after 5 years, but the service was terrible. Unfriendly receptionist and I had to wait 1 1/2 hour to get our rooms, because they don't hire enough cleaning staff. Don't even bother complaining. They have all the excuses and NO solution for your loved ones and you. Actually we were trying to book for Banana Palms but it was full and NOT the Mansion drl Rio. You figure it why.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank PeterJoo
Reviewed February 28, 2011

February 18-20, 2011

I have to confess that I was kind of skeptical about this Hotel because some reviews posted on this Website about/around a year ago. Some fellow travelers had some bad experiences which it made me wait until I get at Rio Dulce to book for a Hotel instead of booking in advance. We asked for a hotel tour to see all amenities before to take any decision about if we are willing to stay at Mansion del Rio.

BUT Today I am very happy about my experience at Mansion Del Rio Hotel.
I did really enjoy my vacation at Guatemala. Despite the fact of some people complaining about room condition (humidity or odors), we didn't have any kind of problem.
Our double room (Two Queen Beds) was in EXCELENT condition. Blinds(courtains), night stand, Alarm Clock, A small table with two chairs that you can pull out to your balcony and enjoy of their garden view (see picture attached)
Bathroom was Good, (hairdryer, Shower/Tub, Towel Racks) and (Big bath towels, Hand/Face towels and towel mat) everything in perfect conditions.
Room cleaning service was very efficient, in our 3 days/2 nights stay, our towels were changed on daily basis as well as our beds made.

AC running perfect, (in fact we had to set out temperature twice because we were freezing our first night.there.. hehehehe)

Halls, Stairs and common areas were clean and well maintained.

Nice pool for Adults and Kids (with a water slide - see pic attached). You can enjoy your drink or food at the pool with no problem at all. Nice staff always ready to assist you with any of your needs.

Water activities such as Boats of Pedals, Kayaks, (free of Charge) and JetSki (for rent - around USD 30 for 30 min)

Dock in front of hotel for Boat Trips from Rio Dulce, Lake Izabal to Livingston, Birdwatching a nice experience (about an hour and a half boat ride). A short stop into a Very small but cute Hot springs.

Just a comment to Both Bar and Restaurant at Mansion del Rio Hotel.
Please improve your appetizers menu (is poor) BBQ Chicken Wings, Fish Tacos & French Fries is not enough for Guests who want to spend a good time at the pool.
(I tried them all)

And all Staff from Main Entrance, reception staff, security, Bartender, waitresses, and Bar Manager (Estuardo - Such an amazing and very gentle person) made me feel so comfortable and happy of my choice for my hotel at this trip.

Luis Gonzalez
From Venezuela , Living at Fort Lauderdale, FL - USA

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2011

We stayed at Mansion del Rio on February 18th on our annual mission trip to Guatemala when our reservation was not honored at Amatique Bay Resort in Puerto Barrios. At one time, Mansion del Rio may have been an elite place to stay in Rio Dulce, but it has seen its better days. Our room had a musty smell which we noticed as soon as we walked in the door. The room was way overpriced for what we received. The staff was a plus. They were very friendly and helpful.

We ate dinner at their outdoor restaurant. Their food was good, but they left off the beans from our entrees. Our server discovered this before she brought us our desserts. She was embarassed by this oversight and gave us two scoops of ice cream to share among the three of us. We couldn't figure out why they didn't give each of us a scoop. Their flan was very good.

I would stay in Rio Dulce again, but not at Mansion del Rio. Next year we may try to stay at Nanajuana Hotel Marina and Yacht Club, which we checked out on our way out of town. Someone else suggested Catamaran Hotel as a good place to stay near Rio Dulce.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Razorfish
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Rooms are exlent< staf always anticipate to your needs very courteos, food and bar service are great. awesome family enviroment. we will go back over and over, service do compesate their rates.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family