“To salty?”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the hot sausage po boy extremely salty. The French fries were very soggie but they were seasoned well.
Service was prompt enough and had a recommendation of their gumbo.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stopped for a late lunch while strolling thru the Quarter. Kids wanted burgers, and I wanted southern or Creole food. We all got what we wanted! Kids' burgers were quite tasty, nice zesty fries. I had excellent southern fried chicken with homemade mac n cheese...yum! When the chicken took awhile, they gave us a free appetizer.
Sat outside in the late afternoon sun but got chilly when the sun shifted. Be aware that when the wind picks up and the sun's not on you, it gets mighty cold.
Christina the server was very friendly and professional, which was good since the out-front male hucksters got obnoxious, only seeming to lure in/entice older white folks or pretty women.
Bottom line: food was good for the price, kids menu small but generous portions.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Similar experience as DrM1ck ... but on Monday, 2/18/13 before our cruise. The friendly guy brought us in with "Come enjoy the best Bloody Mary you've ever had". But, they were out of vodka! (Really, out of vodka in New Orleans??) So we ordered and waited over an hour for our food to arrive at the table (everyone around us had come and gone). My pork chop was obviously frozen when they tried to cook it and that's what took so long. The pork chop was RAW inside and cold. Garlic potatoes had an old skim on top and cold. Green beans cold. My husband's Po Boy was cold, and the gumbo ... you guessed it ... cold. But, that's not the worst! My son kept hitting something "crunchy" in the gumbo, and finally figured out it was shell. His dad wanted a bite, but Josh warned him to "sift through it". He bit into something so hard the whole table heard it. It was BUCKSHOT! How in the heck did buckshot get in there? Do they shoot the shrimp in a bucket?? 30 minutes later, the waitress had disappeared because and were asking for a manager. They sent a man out who offered to let my lunch go without charging us and only charge half for the rest of the meal. I said that was unacceptable. We only waited because we didn't want to just walk away (we were seated outside). He waived his hand and walked away! We stood there with our mouths open, when he came back out and admitted he was not the manager, just a waiter, and after showing him the buckshot, he agreed to let us go without paying! P.S. Later, we realized that my husband actually cracked his tooth on it. By far this is the worst experience we have had at a restaurant.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stopped in Sunday, 2/24/13 after getting off a cruise. Charming door man and the lure of authentic New Orleans food at the southern edge of the French Quarter ... we took the bait like everyone else. Reggie, nice server, was quick with drinks and we thought we were off to a good start. Tried to order crawfish ... Reggie "I think we're all out of crawfish, let me check" ... returns "yep, we are all out." Asked for shrimp ... "I think we're all out of that too ... let me check" returns, "yep, we are all out of shrimp too, we also don't have much catfish left either." So, I decide to order the jambalaya that is supposed to have shrimp/chicken/sausage in it and he assures me that yes, there is actually shrimp in the jambalaya. We waited a very long time for an uncomplicated order ... one burger, one catfish po-boy, one grilled chicken, and some kids meals. In the meantime, we saw several parties that were seated after us receive their food before ours arrived --- some WITH shrimp (which we were told was gone). Finally, when my jambalaya arrived as the last order brought to the table, it has ZERO shrimp in it, is COLD, and tastes just like Zatarain's rice --- stuff I could have made at home in Minnesota for far freaking less than this. My wife's grilled chicken arrived as a grilled chicken salad because the "grilled chicken entree" she had asked for is only on their dinner menu ... why weren't we told that when we ordered???? The final kicker was when we walked out we saw several customers dining on plates of crawfish, while they were sitting outside in the cold rain, that had been ordered AFTER we had been told they had none. Hmmmmm..... were these customers placed here with the few remaining crawfish as more bait to lure in other unsuspecting customers? Bottom line -- AVOID!

1  Thank DrM1ck
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Back in 2011 enjoyed the BBQ shrimp, po-boys etc..while sitting outside. Went again with family on 2/27/13 the food was fair. I ordered gumbo and shared a seafood platter. Both dishes needed more spice being in NOLA and from our first visit I expected more zing! My Aunt ordered crab cakes which she enjoyed, had a small taste and agreed. Our server was great however he was the only one and the place began to fill up. This place lures you in but needs help from Robert Irvine.