“Loved this Place!”

Creole House Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Ranked #265 of 2,247 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighborhood: Warehouse/Central Business District
Description: Creole House Restaurant & Oyster Bar serves New Orleans classics in the perfect casual atmosphere for everyone to enjoy. It stands as the oldest existing building on Canal Street, recently updated for your dining pleasure. Creole House offers Cajun and Creole cuisine, serving up true southern classics and future New Orleans staples to dazzle your taste buds. Take the time to partake in fresh oysters or spoil yourself with Southern Louisiana seafood restaurant classics: Gumbo, Shrimp & Grits, Crawfish, Chargrilled Oysters, Po-boys and more!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stopped in for lunch and had the grilled oysters with garlic butter and parmesan. Had a cup of gumbo for a side dish. Both were delicious. Sad I couldn't make it back for more oysters!
I would visit this restaurant again!

1  Thank Beverly K
Colin K, General Manager at Creole House Restaurant & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We will be here ready for your next visit with ice cold shucked oysters ready to be enjoyed raw on the half shell or broiled with garlic, butter, and Parmesan. We hope to see you soon!

Write a reviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After a long morning walking all over New Orleans, we headed to Canal Street for our lunch.

Our choice was the Creole House Restaurant, which offer mid-price creole food.

We had a Club Chicken Sandwich, beware the hot sauce on the bun, & Blackened Chicken Jambalaya.

Good value for $30 for the two meals.

1  Thank andrewtmarlow60

Thank you for visiting us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your food, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A member of staff at our hotel recommended this place for something to eat and he was not wrong!

We came twice - the first time I had the fried fish po'boy and my husband beef po'boy. Both of us had clean plates - we are now po'boy converts! We finished off our meal with delicious puddings, strawberry slice cake and chocolate cake.

The second time I had the shrimp platter and my husband again had the beef po'boy as he loved it so much the first time. Both of us had the delicious chocolate cake for afters. I was recommended the Berry Mint Lemonade cocktail, which was mega!

On both occasions, the staff were great and looked after us well. The place was busy and clean.

Would recommend - even just for the po'boys!

1  Thank MrsDWatson

Thank you so much for the kind words! Were really happy to hear about the fantastic experiences. We will be here ready for your next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I attended a conference in New Orleans and three of us ended up here for dinner one night. The sampler platter I had for an entree was a great, but the bread pudding desert was heavenly. I had bread pudding at two other places while at the conference and no place held a candle to what was served at the Creole House. The serving was large enough for the three of us to share, and sauce that they used to cover it was the best of any of the other places that I had it.

Date of visit: September 2019

The bread pudding is made by the angels in our prep team, and its soooo amazing!! We will be sure to share this review with our kitchen team. It will truly brighten their days!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

While staying at the Hilton Riverside, the concierge recommended the Creole House on Canal St. Upon arrival, my wife needed to use the restroom and found it to be one toilet unisex. She said it was filthy. We sat down as a table of six and the inside was extremely loud as most employees were glued to the TV watching the Saints game. Our waiter was attentive though and brought menus and water. The menu had many items not on it that we saw others received especially the fried chicken among others. My wife ordered the stuffed fish which was cooked on the outside but ice cold center as well as the potatoes. My shrimp and grits were small salad shrimp in a runny sauce with cold grits in a lump in the middle. Highly disappointed in this establishment and so many waiting outside to enter. I would not return.

Date of visit: September 2019

Thank you for visiting us. I assure you we take all feedback very seriously. Please email me at colin.kennedy@creolecuisine.com at your earliest convenience to discuss your visit.