“Excellent!”

Ranked #260 of 2,082 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Creole House Restaurant & Oyster Bar serves New Orleans classics in the perfect casual atmosphere for everyone to enjoy. It stands as the oldest existing building on Canal Street, recently updated for your dining pleasure. Creole House offers Cajun and Creole cuisine, serving up true southern classics and future New Orleans staples to dazzle your taste buds. Take the time to partake in fresh oysters or spoil yourself with Southern Louisiana seafood restaurant classics: Gumbo, Shrimp & Grits, Crawfish, Chargrilled Oysters, Po-boys and more!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had super service! Roland, our waiter was excellent! He recommended Canal Street Redfish, which was Panko crusted, pan seared redfish topped with a cajun garlic sauce and topped with Sauteed Shrimp, served with veggies. It was fabulous!! My husband had the ribeye and it was cooked to perfection!!

Rob I, General Manager at Creole House Restaurant & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for visiting Creole House, we are truly glad that you enjoyed your meal and the service you received from Roland. Please come see us again the next time you are in town, we look forward to it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There was no wait time at all and the food was excellent. I had the shrimp and grits and they were excellent. We had oysters for an appetizer and I will say they were some of the best that I had ever had. Can't wait to go back again.

Thank you so much for visiting Creole House, we hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I and my wife decided to try some of the local flavor based on a recommendation from the staff at our hotel. We went for an early dinner at around 4:30pm and were greeted by a young man feverishly occupied with his cell phone. However, he sat us promptly and we thought nothing of it. We reviewed the menu for several minutes and decided on our dishes. Afterwards, we sat for 15 minutes while staff members, including the host, walked by as if we were ghosts; I assure you we are living beings. We decided to leave and politely returned the menus to the host, informing him that we were leaving; his response was "OK, bye" and continued on his cell phone. We will never return and never recommend this restaurant. We found top notch customer service, politeness, and attentiveness at Bubba Gump's; all served with a smile that was rewarded with a substantial tip.

Norman,

I am so sorry about your recent poor experience! There is absolutely no excuse for what happened, I promise you we really do appreciate your feedback. Please give me a call at 504-323-2109 at your convenience and I guarantee I will take care of everything for you and win back your trust as our guest. I hope to speak to you very soon, thanks again for sharing with us.

Rob Irwin

Reviewed June 11, 2018

This is a well-situated bar/restaurant, with a lively relaxed ambiance, and good food. The menu is diverse and should cater to most tastes.

However. We arrived as a party of four. We were quickly shown to a table that contained us just fine. Around the time we ordered, two friends sent a message to say that they'd like to join us. When they arrived, the table next to us was free, so we suggested they sit there. But the waiter explained in no uncertain terms that this was not possible, and we should not contemplate tying to sit with our friends. Then they were told by the maitre d' that they could not sit there, because there was a 20 minute wait for a table (there were lots of free tables: I'd say 30% of all the tables in the place, at the time). So they left, and we didn't get to spend time with our friends, and the restaurant lost two diners. The empty tables stayed, for the most part, empty throughout our time in the restaurant.

I know that the capacity issue extends to the kitchen and wait staff as well as the table itself. But extending a party of four to a party of six is something that happens every day in most casual dining settings. I'd have happily left there and then, myself, but I don't think those I arrived with would have been up for that. The attitude that underlies this is baffling - and it's a great way to alienate diners.

Rob I, General Manager at Creole House Restaurant & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your recent feedback, I am truly sorry we let you down! There should be absolutely no problem adding more guests to your table, I apologize for us not getting that right! I have shared your feedback with our staff and management team, I can assure you this will be resolved. I would love the opportunity to talk some more about your experience, please give me a call at 504-323-2109 at your convenience and I guarantee everything you mentioned will be addressed to your satisfaction. We truly do appreciate you as our guest, we hope to serve you again real soon. Thanks again!

Rob Irwin

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Outside of the noise of this place we were extremely satisfied with our experience. Food and service were both top notch.

Thank you so much for visiting Linette, we are glad you enjoyed the food and service. We hope to serve you again real soon!