“Pretty good, but......”
Review of Killer Poboys

Killer Poboys
Ranked #158 of 2,102 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Internationally Inspired, Chef Crafted, New Orleans Style Sandwiches
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I ate there today. She made a wise choice and got the brisket poboy, it was great. I had the pork belly poboy and didn’t like it. No fault of theirs I guess I didn’t know what porkbelly was. The bread was excellent. The fresh brewed iced tea was great. Employees were nice.

My biggest complaint is that the sandwich came by itself. For $11 I just thought it should have included a handful of potato chips and a pickle or something. They did offer a bag of chips and other sides for an additional charge. It cost us $28 for two sandwiches and two iced teas. I believe it has a single $ for pricing on this site. $$ would probably fit better in my opinion.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

The traditional poor boy, according to Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong, was a loaf or French bread with a slice of ham thin enough to see through. The traditional lunch for the poor working man has grown and changed over the years, which is expected in a food city such as New Orleans. In some restaurants, you can get a po' boy that will fill you up and then some--no more see through ham, these days.

Killer Poboys isn't about quantity, but quality. They have some excellent combinations of flavors. The seared shrimp was excellent and they were trying an off-the-menu item, a curried goat po' boy that day. Just reading the menu will show you they do more than throw some filling into a loaf of French bread and expect it to be sufficient. They experiment with coming up with the best flavor combinations.

The po' boys are a little more expensive than most places. They range from ten to fifteen dollars, but I've had lesser po' boys for that much. The location is convenient--a block and a half from Canal St. on Dauphine--and the shop itself is a typical sandwich shop. You order at the counter, they cook it up and bring it to your table or call you if it's a take-out order. The staff seem pleasant. Overall, it's a good meal and worth stopping in.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

This place is kinda of eclectic or hipsterish...in a good way. They have there own spin on Poboys but there really tasty. My wife had the shrimp and I had the pork belly, both were delicious. They also have a variety of local brews. We really enjoyed the food, staff and atmosphere. I would say get a traditional Poboy somewhere else but give this place a try as well and you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Great taste, good price. Had the omelet+ham poboy and tea. I could see it getting crowded if you go at peak times. When I went, there was no line and the food came out fast. I approve of the musical choices, as a side note. Good stuff.

Reviewed July 7, 2018

Arrived into New Orleans tired and famished so ... first stop was at Killer Poboys for the iconic sandwich. We got the seared shrimp bahn mi style with sweet collards on the side; portion size & taste did not disappoint! Reasonably priced menu with great choices!