“Not overly impressed -”
Review of Zea - CLOSED

Zea
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Bridgeport
“Not overly impressed -”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Went here on the advice of the hotel front staff. Took the st Charles street car (which has a stop right near the restsurant). They do have a children's menu which is reasonable . But the food was just average. The ambiance and service was excellent though! And the prices were less than what you would spend in the French quarter area ... But all considering I wouldn't return here for another meal. The food took a while to come out and wasn't worth the wait!

• Visited August 2013

Merrick, New York
“Excellent New Orleans restaurant with fair prices.”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was surprised at the quality of the food. The guacamole appetizer was excellent and the redfish with shrimp étouffée was delicious. Service was very good and the restaurant was nicely decorated. I was pleasantly surprised!

• Visited August 2013
“Nice place, good service, not very good food”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Tourists should stay away from Zea. This is the kind of meal you can get anywhere in the US. I live near this place, & I know it's a chain restaurant, but I was looking for a quick inexpensive change of pace for dinner. I'm a big fan of rotisserie chicken, so that's what I ordered. The chicken was dry & overdone- the white meat was almost indelible. It had probably been cooked well in advance of my arrival & left under a warmer too long. There are better rotisserie chickens in grocery stores. My sides were dirty rice (also dry; should've known not to order a NOLA dish here) & Thai seasoned green beans (they were good). If you want a really good roasted chicken take a 10 minute cab ride to Irene's Cuisine in the French Quarter & get hers for only 2-3 dollars more. All that said, Zea is a nice facility with friendly, attentive servers. They're just serving below average chain restaurant food.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank eBob99
Jamie M, Manager at Zea, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear you did not enjoy our rotisserie chicken. This is especially disappointing because it is one of our signature dishes.
While we do have multiple locations, we are proud to be based in New Orleans, with our first location ever starting in Harahan, just ten minutes from our St. Charles location. I would love to hear more of your thoughts on our dishes to make sure we can continue our goal of always improving. Please email me at jamiem@tastebudsmgmt.com and we can discuss your visit in more detail.

Jamie
Marketing Manager
Texas
“Wow!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had their Asian grilled chicken salad, wish I had ordered 2. Fabulous atmosphere with awesome food. Service was quick, nice and friendly.

• Visited July 2013
Managua, Nicaragua
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food for the soul”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Good food, fair prices, good service.

Had the thai ribs and some dessert. Zea's grits are AMAZING!

Good for family and friends. It can get pretty crowded so a reservation in advance would be good.

• Visited February 2013