“Nice place for a casual meal...”
Review of Zea - CLOSED

Zea
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 9, 2008

Had a nice dinner here on a Thursday evening. ZEA is a nice place for fairly standard "casual" meal (if you're looking for NOLA tourist fare i.e. gumbo, jambalaya, ect. don't come here!). We had a party of 6 without reservations and were seated immediately. I had the Thai ribs, which were wonderful, however unless you're a big eater get the half rack because the portion is HUGE. Others in my party had the grilled redfish with shrimp ettouffe sauce, which the loved. Definately get the roasted corn grits as a side with your entree, absolutely amazing! I could have eaten a plate of those and been completely satisfied. The Thai snap beans are a great side as well, and compliment the ribs wonderfully. The only issues I had with ZEA were the service and the extremely loud dining area. As for the noise, to put it in perspective, I was unable to carry on a conversation with the others at my table because it was sooo loud. The scary thing was, I'm not sure where all the noise was coming from, because they were not that busy, it was kind of strange. It was so loud it SCARED my 3 year old son, and he doesn't scare easily! As for the service, after taking our order we hardly saw our waiter again, I was drinking iced tea and he necer came by to refill our glasses. I usually give the staff the benefit of the doubt in this area, but as I said earlier they weren't that busy on this evening. All in all I enjoyed my experience with ZEA, the quality of the food more than made up for the poor service and noisy atmosphere.
The prices while not cheap are competitive for this type of restuarant and I had more than enough to eat. I would recommend this restuarant for a nice casual dinner, just understand you're getting casual atmosphere and casual service as well!

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed March 12, 2008

I am a rib connoisseur and their bbq, not Thai, are some of the best ribs I have ever had. They have a great smokey flavor.

Reviewed March 5, 2008

those grits!

New Orleans, LA
Reviewed February 23, 2008

OMG the most original food in town.

Reviewed February 15, 2008