“Don't Zzzzzz on Zea!”
Review of Zea - CLOSED

Zea
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I would have never guessed that this place is a chain in New Orleans, but I am not a resident here. My wife and I decided to eat at this place after our new friends that we met up (They are a married couple with children just like us). We decided on this place because I found this on Trip Advisor, and our new friends have been to this restaurant knowing that we would be in for a treat.

This restaurant is amazing. I ordered the rotisserie chicken and grits. Oh my goodness, everything was cook amazingly. The chicken had the right juiciness and flavors whereas the grits was cooked like my mom use to them. If you want to keep your weight down, this restaurant offers excellent choices for salads (Hard to find restaurants that offer this option in NO). My wife ordered the rotisserie chicken salad, which was low-calories and plenty of vegetables and chicken to keep her satisfied. One of our friends gave me her sandwich to try. It was a panini sandwich that had a wonderful dipping sauce.

The service was awesome. One the hostess came up to my wife to let her know that she liked her rugby shirt. After my wife told her that I play rugby, she came up to me to let me know that her son plays rugby. Our waitress spilled on accident water on the table, yet she was very professional to clean it up quickly. She served another glass of water after cleaning up. She was very sorry, and we understood that accidents happened. I appreciate that this did not spoil our lunch together with our friends. As for the price of the meal, I thought that it was very reasonable for quality of food that we received.

Great food, great friends, and great service make this restaurant worth visiting again for me. If you plan on visiting NO, make this place your first stop. I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting NO.

Jamie M, Manager at Zea, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

What a great review! We love to hear stories like yours. Welcome to New Orleans and we hope to see you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Zea

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Who goes to New Orleans and eats at a chain!? You, if it's Zea's. OK, it is a small chain based in and around NO. We had a group of 8 on a Saturday at 1130am and the place was pretty empty, so our great service was to be expected. We had ribs, pulled veal, rotisserie chicken and a hamburger. The grits and the sweet potatoes were popular sides. We were all tickled pink with our meals.

Jamie M, Manager at Zea, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thanks for the great review. We kind of shudder and the thought of chains too, so we strive to make everyone feel like they are having a unique and very special experience at each and every one of our locations. Can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My friend and I shared the Thai Ribs and BBQ Chicken plate. The servings were generous and filling. This plate was plenty between the two of us. Both the ribs and chicken were amazing! I Would even say that the ribs were the best I've had. The customer service was flawless and I highly recommend a visit to Zea's if you are in the area!

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Overall was good. Between us we had 1) the fried catfish which was very good, 2) red beans and chicken - excellent and 3) honey island chicken sandwich which was also good. All the portions were too big. Parking is easy.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was so good I ate here twice. Loved the ribs and grits. Friends who had other items from the menu also raved.