“welcome to new orleans”

Ranked #12 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
philadelphia, United States
“welcome to new orleans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

this was a nice place to stay, good location, easy access to trolly lines. its easy to get to Frenchman Street and the Quarter without living among the craziness. Staff was very friendly, and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
New Braunfels, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Room smelled old. Furnishing outdated needs a good cleaning. Location ok. Was here for 1 week stay on business. Very noisy. Had a nice view but the street cars kept me up all night. Staff was ok. Moved to another Hampton Inn up town near Tulane Med Ctr. for the next week that I came back and that one was even worse! Perhaps it's just New Orleans however, my next business trip to Dallas I stayed at the Marriot and will probably stay with them from now on.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 2bluestarmom
East Falmouth, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Here for a very short weekend trip to visit Tulane University. Our room was incredibly clean and comfortable and the AC worked well with great air quality. We slept so much better than we usually do at hotels! The beds were so comfortable with clean duvet covers-they wash them in between guests. Wifi is free and very fast. Breakfast was good. Location was perfect for visiting Tulane. There is a trolley stop is right outside the hotel, though part of the route is closed for construction and there is a shuttle bus for that part of the route. Remember to bring correct change-either $1.25 for a single ride or $3 for an all day pass. One reviewer commented that security needs improvement, but I was actually surprised at the level of security there. We arrived after midnight and the front door of the hotel was locked-there was a phone outside to call the desk who verified that we were checking in before unlocking the door. You also need to use your room key in the elevator to access any of the floors.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Beth S
Boston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Katie & Mimi at the front desk are amazing. They went above and beyond to help us through our stay which was an amazing time. The woman at the breakfast station was above and beyond friendly it was as if she was your mother (I believe her name was Miss Gwen). The rooms are clean and nice although the beds were a little uncomfortable but we handled it. The train is literally outside the hotel which takes 10 minutes to get to canal and bourbon st. It was a pleasure to stay here and I know you will enjoy it too, Especially if Katie is working she will welcome you with her southern bell charm.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel previously. It has a very good location, clean rooms, and good value. Wish the security was improved. The lobby is accessible until midnight without a keycard through a parking lot entrance. The building is narrow and deep and the elevators are located at the rear. Internet access was available on this trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Don't let the charming decor and Southern manners fool you! The manager and desk staff just don't cut it. I checked for a what should have been a simple 3 night stay. The first 2 nights were a regular reservation and the 3 night was to be paid for with points. After 2 nights I presented my license at the front desk with the expectation of getting another night stay. Instead of giving me the new reservation on points, they charged my credit card. In the end I stayed 5 nights and was charged for every night (at total of $880.) Several days later when I checked my credit card, I saw I had been charged for a second room AND when I checked my Honors account they had also deducted 40K points. I called the hotel multiple times and was told "This is your problem. You need to contact HHonors." I call HHonors who then told me that the hotel had to resolve the problem. REALLY?? But they did give me a confirmation # for my call. REALLY?? After another week, more calls and resorting to tactics learned from the Exorcist -- I can still hear my screams -- the charges were removed from my card and the points are to be reinstated to my account. The worst treatment was from Brandi the general manager who kept telling me "I just found out yesterday so you have no reason to be upset." REALLY???

Room Tip: choose another hotel!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Arlenefr
beuper, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Orleans - St Charles Ave / Garden District, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. There was some confusion regarding your stay due to the fact you had multiple reservations in our system. Our staff directed you to call Hilton Honors because all reservations made with Hilton Honors points must be handled directly through Hilton Honors. This security measure was credit by the Hilton Honors Program to protect our guest’s privacy and ensure points are used and/or credited correctly.

When we spoke on the phone I tried to explain that the confusion stemmed from multiple reservations in our system under your name and that I had already submitted the refund of your points to Hilton Honors. However, it was very difficult to assist you when you began to scream on the phone and make very ugly comments towards me and my staff. We value our guests here and strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction.
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Very conveniently located with copious parking in the rear, close to Tulane University and a short drive for anyone visiting the French Quarter. The staff members were ALL incredibly friendly and helpful and the hotel was spotless and quiet. Not one negative thing about our stay. Breakfast had a good variety and was well-stocked. Will stay again!!

Room Tip: We were right next to the elevator and heard NOTHING in the night. This was a quiet hotel even thoug...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family