Hampton Inn New Orleans - St Charles Ave / Garden District
$179
$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$178
$126
HolidayInn.com
$238
$209
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
$299
$259
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$111
$99
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
$138
$127
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$179
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$111
Hotels.com
1,114 results
All reviewsgarden districtsuperior grillgreat locationtulane universityfrench quartertrolley runsaudubon parkeasy accesstrolley carday passmardi grascomfortable hotelsmall poolself parkingi highly recommend this hotelroom keyfitness center
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Many people think of New Orleans as just the French Quarter and all its liveliness. Truth is that New Orleasns is made up of many charming neighborhoods, one of them being the Garden District. This Hampton Inn is located directly on the St. Charles streetcar line that will take you to the Quarter but in addition, will also take you to Audobon Park, the Audobon Zoo and the delightful uptown neighborhood. The lobby is beautifully decorated (we spent Christmas there and the decorations were among the most beautiful we saw) and is where guests are treated to a wonderful full complimentary breakfast each morning. The rooms are typical Hampton Inn functional, clean and certainly adequate for anyone visiting the sights of the city.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Timmy-Ann R
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located in the Garden District close enough to all the sights, but away from all the noise. The room was spacious, clean and attractively appointed. Complimentary breakfast had a good variety and the staff very helpful during it. Some really tasty coffee is available throughout the day. Wi-fi and USA Today are complimentary. We enjoyed our stay and will recommend it to our friends. We intend to come back.

Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Absolutely charming place to stay, away from the noise, but easy to get to downtown! They staff is very friendly, and helpful, and the lobby was beautifully decorated for the holidays during our stay! We loved the convenience of staying at a hotel that was right on the trolley line, and were thrilled we didn't have to pay to park!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room that has the double windows that open up onto St. Charles Ave. We loved the charm, some may find the streetcar distracting, but we did not. It was not overly noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great location far from the chaos of the French Quarter and downtown. Very nice reception area to sit in and nice outside patio for warmer weather. Breakfast is typical Hampton Inn.... could be better. Rooms are nice but tight (smaller than most Hampton Inn Rooms). As with other Hilton family properties the pillows need some upgrading- need a softer option. Parking is free and secure or as secure as one can expect. Reception is helpful and efficient. Overall a good family choice for New Orleans.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed her during Christmas Time for 9 working days. The location is awesome, and with free parking. I arrived early, around 10 am and they gave me a suite on the 5th floor suite facing St. Charles. I grabbed some breakfast and headed up to my room. It was very large and clean as expected. But it did have a "New Orleans" smell to it. Not horrible, but just a smell that said "somebody open a window in here please!) The hvac just wasn't very good and the window didn't open so there is no way to air the room out. I left the bathroom fan running the whole time I was there and it helped a bit. But I really liked the room and didn't want to give it up, so I stayed. The room was very large with a king bed, a large flat screen on a dresser literally in the MIDDLE of the room. Kind of strange, but it worked for me. There was a table with three chairs, a sofa bed, an easy chair and a station with a microwave and fridge. Everything was really spaced out and accentuated the spaciousness of the room. One thing to note, If you were in the bed and watching TV, anyone on/in the sofabed or at the table would be able to see it. There was a door to the adjoining room. While I could see light under the door, I was never bothered by any noise. The bathroom was large and I enjoyed the garden tub. But the caulking job around and especially under the very large sink area was terrible. Housekeeping was consistently good, even on the weekends. The view of St Charles and the street cars was so nice and I could hear them, but it never bothered me.
Breakfast was basic Hampton Inn fare and the layout was nicer than usual, but the food was the same. At night there was aways cheese and crackers. But no drinks and I never saw any cookies.
The staff was always wonderful and cheerful. The lobby and grounds are much nicer than most other Hampton Inns. Parking could be a challenge for those who don't like tight spaces, but I didn't mind a bit. Especially since it was free. Internet was superfast and I was able to do whatever I needed including streaming nexflix.

I had a great stay and can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business