This is a newly renovated hotel in a pretty tough area... rooms are classic Comfort Suites with good bedding but older TV's. Minimal restaurant choices in the area, there is a Chinese place within walking distance.. the other decent restaurant is closed on Monday, of course, I was here on a Monday.
They intimate the hotel is close to downtown... wrong. It's quite a ways, 10- 20 minutes by car depending on traffic. Bottom line, you can stay in a better located hotel for the same money in the city. Many of the folks here appear to be workers doing reconstruction from the flood (still plenty of work to be done in that area around here).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Orleans Comfort Suites(R) hotel 10 minutes drive from the historic French Quarter, famous Mardi Gras celebration, annual New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, Louisiana Superdome, Louisiana Children's Museum and Audubon Zoo, part of the Audubon Nature Institute. The hotel features many of the modern amenities that today's guests expect, including: Happy hour Monday and Friday, fitness center, business center, guest laundry, and free deluxe hot breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Comfort Suites