“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #109 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

The hotel was very nice. Rooms were big and clean, equipped with a big TV, a couch, safe-deposit box, coffee-maker and microwave. Breakfast was almost the same every day, but it was good. We liked our stay there. The hotel is, though, far away from the city centre (approx. 1 hour via bus), but you wouldn't find a 3* hotel in the city centre for similar price. The price/quality ratio was very good. Seems to me that Comfort Suites hotel chain is one of the best you can stay in for a good price as we stayed a few days in another hotel from this chain in Orlando and we enjoyed our stay there too.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

The staff bent over backwards to be helpful. Christine and Katrina were super as were the rest of the staff. The ladies who worked the breakfast area kept the food filled and helped anybody that needed help with anything. My room was clean, large and quiet.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank jaysee15
Mark P, General Manager at Comfort Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for the fabulous review of your recent visit to the Comfort Suites New Orleans. I am delighted to read your assessment of our team and services. Our team is committed to deliver upon the high standards we have set for ourselves; we strive to ensure our guests recognize the services and facilities we provide as offering a high level of value and a pleasantly memorable experience. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

With best regards,
Mark
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Family consisting of 2 adults and 2 children ages 7 and 13. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed there 4 nights while visiting New Orleans. I would suggest you select a room on the top floor for quietness. We had 2 full sizes beds and used the pull out couch. Every time someone walked on our floor you could feel the vibration in our room. We had several issues with the housekeeping regarding towels and asking them to make up the fold out couch with sheets each day. Our housekeeping person understood no English. So each night we had to ask for sheets so we had to make up the couch ourselves. One day there was a plastic bag filled with towels thrown under our sink and a pile of dirty towels left in the floor. I had to ask maintenance to fix our shower curtain, it had become unbolted from the wall and to fix our commode because it would not flues. Maintenance did this in a timely manner but housekeeping had not cleaned the room so we had putty in out tub, in our sin, on the floor etc. I complained to the front desk for the 3 rd time and was tools the manger would call the next day. I asked for him not to call until after 10:00 am he called at 8:30 and work us all up. Then 10 minutes later the housekeeper was knocking on the door. I told her we were asleep and to come back later. 5 minutes later she and another staff person came to my door again. I again said please do not disturb us. Later that day I had a meeting with Mark the GM, the assistant GM, housekeeping supervisor and Maintenance. I have no idea why it had to be a group but I explained what the issues had been and that I believe the main problem was in hiring someone who knew little to no English. I was compensated for one night's stay for my trouble. I had this meeting with staff after 2 nights which gave them 2 nights to show me a difference and they did. Would I stay there again? Maybe and maybe not. They did try to rectify the situation but it caused us 2 days of stress on our 4 day vacation.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Traveling19-51
Mark P, General Manager at Comfort Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring your feedback to our attention. I am grateful our team had the opportunity to speak with you in person to better understand your experience. I would also like to extend my sincere apologies for the miscommunication on our part and that you were left to feel disappointed in any way. I am pleased to have learned that the inconvenience did not ruin your stay with us and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome your return so that we may show you the level of service we strive to provide each of our guests.

Mark Patel
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

The room was awful. We ended up staying in the handicapped room and the bathroom sewer line stunk so bad. We had to keep the bathroom door shut when not in it. Lucky for us we didn't spend much time in the room.

We complained to the front desk and they took 30 dollars off if our bill. Not nearly enough.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sniemi
Mark P, Manager at Comfort Suites New Orleans, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for failing to meet your expectations. Your comment has been forwarded to our supervisors and a solution has been implemented. We hope you will give our hotel a consideration on your future visits to New Orleans.
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

This hotel is pretty standard for Comfort Suites and the staff at the desk were very attentive and friendly. The breakfast provided included eggs and sausage as well as the typical cereals, fruit and waffles. The only thing we can say that is not positive is the one elevator is s-l-o-w, so try to get a lower floor in case you want to use the stairs.

Room Tip: They offer a slight discount if you book room 210 right off the elevator because of an obstructed vi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard C
West Memphis, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

My daughter & I were in New Orleans for a trade show and stayed one night at the Comfort Suites. We were greeted by a very personable staff member who handled our check-in very efficiently. When we inquired about restaurants and shopping, she not only made great recommendations, but printed out maps for each. Our room was clean and had all amenities expected. Everything was in working order. The location makes it easy to visit other areas as it is right off of I-10. We found the entire hotel to have a very pleasant aroma and there is no smoking anywhere in the building....loved it!! Breakfast was standard "Comfort Suites" with no complaints. The "breakfast lady" was super nice and kept everything in good order.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I needed an affordable place to stay one night in New Orleans after a 5 day cruise. I tried to find a place closer to the French Quarter, but the amazing B&B we stayed at prior to the cruise required a minimum 2 night stay on a weekend and other places were charging an arm and a leg... probably because it was the same weekend as the Crescent City Blues and BB&Q Festival. So we ended up settling on the Comfort Suites on Bullard. It was fairly easy to find - maybe 0.25 miles off I-10 - and was about a 15 minute drive from downtown New Orleans in normal flowing traffic.

Unfortunately my impressions of the hotel are very mixed. By the time our cruise returned to port and we cleared customs it was about 10:00am. We initially called about 1:00pm to see about the possibility of an early check-in (because we didn’t want to leave our luggage in the car while out exploring New Orleans) which is normally 3:00pm. We were told housekeeping was on their lunch break and they would get back with us, but that never happened. We killed some time in the French Quarter and arrived shortly after 3:00pm. Unfortunately, the front desk was having trouble finding my reservation which was booked through the hotel's own website!!! The lady was friendly and apologetic, but it still took almost 10 minutes before I was finally given the key. We waited patiently to take the only elevator up to our room on the 3rd floor. Quick side note, I had requested a room away from the lobby area after reading other reviews recommending you do so, and the hotel was very accommodating of my request. The elevator is seriously slow and it actually was taken out of service for maintenance later that night, which by the way did nothing to improve its speed the next morning.

I was actually pleasantly surprised with the size of the suite especially for the price of the room. I had stayed in a Springhill Suites in Memphis a week earlier and paid almost twice as much for a room which was actually smaller. The king size bed was comfortable with night stands on both sides, but I have to acknowledge there was a hole in the comforter. It looked like someone had burned the blanket with a cigarette or something. It's small and probably not a big deal, but I have no idea why they continue to use the blanket. There is a bench to put your luggage on adjacent to the dresser on which the flat screen television sits. The living room is large as well with a couch and coffee table as well as a desk area. There is no closet to hang up clothes in; however, there is an armoire which works just fine unless you have long dresses or things like that which you wish to hang up. The bathroom has a huge counter which is nice if you travel with a woman (like I do) who needs to lay everything out!! I would point out, the shower head in the bathtub was rather low. I'd consider myself slightly above average height (just under 6'1") and I had to contort my body just to wash my hair in the morning.

I mentioned problems with the elevator later in the evening. We had returned from a night in the French Quarter and had to take the stairs up two flights. It wouldn't be a big deal except the stairwell wreaked of trash. There were a couple of garbage cans which were overflowing just sitting there in the stairwell. I'd be willing to overlook that problem if it wasn't for the fact the trash was still there (if there wasn't even more) along with the awful smell the next morning!!!

The hotel offers your typical buffet breakfast with cereal, bagels, toast, pastries, sausage patties, scrambled eggs and a waffle maker. Apparently we came during the busiest time (around 9:00am CT) because the place was packed. Honestly the food didn’t look very good. I grabbed a couple of biscuits which were cold and some sausage patties which were luke warm at best. I avoided the scrambled eggs because they were runny and looked disgusting. I would have made a waffle, but there was a wait, one lady couldn't figure out how to get the batter out of the device (it says "push" lady, not "pull"!!!) and another lady was extremely rude because apparently she was tired of having to wait to make her waffle. There was no where to sit. Hell, someone even took the couch just inside the front door in the lobby!! So we decided just to take our food back to the room and eat quickly before hitting the room.

I can overlook the hassles we experienced checking in and even the nuisances during breakfast, but it's tough to get over how bad that stairwell smelled on the night we checked in as well as the next morning. That is a major strike in my book, so if you can find another hotel at a decent rate I would say take your chances there. There is absolutely nothing special about this place. It was just a place to stay one more night for us for a decent rate before we drove 10 hours home from New Orleans on October 20th.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple