“My stay at Hyatt Place”

Ranked #49 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Greenville, Mississippi
“My stay at Hyatt Place”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at the Hyatt for our family reunion. The hotel is across the street from the convention center and the river walk mall. Down the street from harrahs casino and the aquarium. The employees were very nice, helpful and friendly. Had a problem getting towels and they showed up at 5:45 pm to clean our rooms on Saturday and one valet parked my sisters car in the wrong spot and another one brought down my cousins car to someone else. But overall, we had a nice stay. Marina and Logan were great in helping me with our family reservations.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank rhonda h
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I do want to apologize for the late housekeeping and mix up with the parking and assure you that this is a not a norm at our hotel. I will make sure to share this with the appropriate management so that we can make sure this doesn't happen again. I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We absolutely loved having all of our fun family reunion groups join us this summer, and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Korean first
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family and I stayed in this hotel for one night prior to a cruise out of the port of New Orleans. I found the hotel acceptable and the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

My only issue was that I had purchased the "Cruise Rate" when booking this hotel. I had passed over any discounted rates I was eligible for so that I could take advantage of the parking and port transportation benefits that were supposedly included in this rate. Unfortunately, I found out on arrival that both of these benefits were provided by the garage down the street and the hotel was not involved at all. In fact, I could have gotten a cheaper daily parking rate ($8 instead of $12) by reserving online at the garage's website.

I don't believe I would use this hotel for a pre-cruise stay again, only because I feel the hotel should have been more honest about the services being offered.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Steven M
Hyatt_Place-NOLA, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very appreciative of your comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, but was so sorry to hear about your experience with our cruise package, and I want to apologize for any confusion. I can definitely understand the disappointment with that. We have actually just changed our cruise package, which I think you will find to be of greater benefit to our pre-cruisers. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel and to experience our new and improved pre-cruise experience. Again, thank you so much for you review and for staying with us. We will look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

San Diego, California
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel is convenient to the convention center, but is beneath what I would expect from Hyatt. The breakfast is nothing special, but it is included with your room. The worst thing is that the hotel design has rooms around the perimeter with an open atrium area that runs from the 3rd floor to the top floor (8th). This room in the middle of the building on the 3rd floor is used as a seating and breakfast area. All of the noise from the moment they start setting up breakfast in the morning, to people sitting there later at night travels up the center of the hotel to all the rooms. Wouldn't be a problem if there were seals at the bottom of the room doors. But there arent. There is about a 1" gap beneath the door so all that noise travels right into your room. Screaming kids, plates and pans rattling, people talking...all travels up to your room. Even though we were all the way up on the 8th floor, this noise was like we were sitting down in the room right there. So I hope you are an early riser and dont go to bed until late. I was also pretty disappointed with the house keeping. Although they did replace the towels we used, the did not change the sheets on the 3rd day of occupancy as was stated in their policy. Nor did they clean the bathroom very well at all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank BethP67
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated, as they help us to continue to improve our services. I am very sorry to hear about your disappointment with our hotel. Our staff works very hard to exude the Hyatt standards, and I am very sorry to hear that you did not experience this!

Our Hyatt Place is unique in the fact that we do have the atrium as the center of our hotel. While we have had issues with the noise, I want to assure you that this is something our management team is working very hard on to fix, and we are certainly looking forward to our solution! We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip to New Orleans and show you our improvements! Again, thank you so much for your review and for staying with us!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Recently stayed here July 2014 for the Essence Music Festival. Great location, Awesome staff. I had a corner room that was very spacious and great view. With in walking distance to everything. I would highly recommend this location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tammi S
Thank you for your great review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during this year’s Essence Fest! We absolutely love this time of year and the liveliness of the city and could not be more excited that you had a great time. We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Big Easy!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The room was very spaces, comfortable, and reasonable priced. As well as being located in the center of the city with in walking distance of all the local tourist attractions. The staff was well mannered and helpful. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Crmabee
We couldn't agree with you more! Our location is definitely great, because you do get a little bit more of a quiet area for the evening but still within walking distance to many of our amazing restaurants and sites. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our Hyatt Place to be a great place to unwind! We will certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Big Easy!

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 14, 2014

stayed only one night, but rooms were great, clean and comfortable. Very modern and updated rooms. Staff was exceptional in answering questions or offer suggestions and help. Included breakfast was very good and plentiful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gary M
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am absolutely delighted to hear your appreciation and acknowledgement of our staff! Our team works very hard to make sure all of our guests enjoy their stay with us, and it truly puts smiles on our faces to know that you felt the same way! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Big Easy!

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed July 11, 2014

You can't go wrong booking a room here. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Bed was great. Plenty of little bottles in the bathroom, which my wife enjoyed. Staff is outstanding and friendly, from the maids to the managers. They always made it a point to say hello and ask if I needed anything. Location is great. I was in town for a convention and the convention center is right across the street. It is also within walking distance of the riverfront market and Harrah's casino. The French Quarter is a quick taxi ride away. The breakfast is delicious and offers a wide variety of foods. All tasted freshly prepared. The lobby snack bar is also a nice place to grab a quick bite. The only drawback is the place doesn't have a pool. New Orleans in late June is hot and a pool would have been refreshing. Otherwise, we had a great stay and will definintely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the floor where the breakfast room is. You can fill a plate and take it back to your...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Chris M
Thanks for your fantastic review! I am so happy to hear about your recent experience at our Hyatt Place. We definitely love our location and find that many of our guests, and especially our convention attendees, appreciate the convenience of our location not only to the convention center but to all the delicious restaurants and great sites to see. We are so appreciative of your comments and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Big Easy!