“Excellent location in Convention Area”

Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center
Ranked #53 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel is well located if you have a meeting in Convention area and also want to be closer to the French Quarter. It is just 15 min. walking distance from French Quarter. Large and very clean bedrooms and wi-fi is free of charge. Breakfast is simple but good enough. You might need to wait for coffee and tea when the breakfast hall is full which is frustrating...

The people at the reception very helpfull especially young leady who is expecting a baby...

There is no gym at the hotel that you need to be aware of when you book it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Believe It or not, in all my travels, this was my first stay at a Hyatt Place property, so it took some getting used to since its a totally different concept from anyplace else I've stayed. That's because Hyatt has taken the term minimalist to a whole new level here-even compared to their Andaz properties.

When I walked into the room, I was immediately struck by it's starkness although I have to say that the room was immaculate. You could immediately tell that the hotel was fairly new as everything from the carpet to the furnishings was fresh and spotless. I also found the beds to be very comfortable and loved the 42 inch flat screen. Breakfast is also free to all guests and the offerings are more than adequate and include French toast, egg mcmuffins w/American cheese and ham, cereal, yogurt and fruit.

Parking is a real pain in New Orleans, like most major cities, and the fees border on ridiculous. There is a parking deck adjacent to the hotel that charges 20 bucks a day without in and out privileges or you can valet the car w/the bellman at the hotel and pay 34 bucks which includes in and out privileges. Either way you'll end up paying more for parking than you did to rent the car so unless you're going to do a lot of driving my advice would be to use taxis. The hotel is within walking distance of the French Quarter as well as the streetcar to the Garden District, which is probably all you need.

Last, but not least, the staff throughout the hotel is extremely friendly and helpful which truly added to making my stay a pleasant one. So if you're looking for good, clean accommodations without the fuss, I highly recommend Hyatt Place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank romadaro
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Hyatt is an upstanding hotel chain and I commend the New Orleans managers for working with me on a reservation that I needed to cancel for reasons outside of my control. They handled the situation as if I was their only customer, and I appreciate that. I will be staying there in the future and recommending this particular hotel to all my friends based on how well I was treated. They could have just seen my one-night reservation as insignificant, but instead the manager talked with me personally. Thanks!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a very nice stay here at hyatt place (5/26/13) the night before our cruise. GREAT LOCATION, very nice rooms and customer service. Very close to the French Quarter and the famous Bourbon street. We could also see the cruise port front the top of the building. Even though we we had to wait 30 minutes before our room was ready (after 3pm) I would most definitely stay again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kmd2173
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We arrived two days before our cruise so we wanted a pool.I had reservations somewhere else that did not have one so I changed reservations to this hotel. When we got there they didn't even though they had it online & online with hotels.com.

The hotel and staff were great, had a shuttle that took us to our cruise ship.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 43dll
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was in town for a conference, and the Hyatt is directly cross the street from the convention center in the Warehouse district. It is a bit of a hike to the French Quarter from the hotel (you must go), but for conference attendees, this location is very convenient. Several great restaurants now occupy the warehouse district and are within a block of the hotel.

The hotel was clean, rooms nice sized and nicely appointed. The free breakfast was good, with the usual variety of fruits, cereals, breads, and yogurt. Kicking the breakfast up notch was the open-faced egg sandwiches, there were several gourmet-inspired varieties served over the four days I was there.

The staff could not have been friendlier or more accommodating. The bed was a bit stiff for my taste, but my wife slept well. The bathroom was a bit small, but nicely appointed. Our room included a small refrigerator.

There is coffee shop in the lobby serving Starbucks-brand coffee and lattes. Wal-Mart is just a mile or so away, that it houses a liquor store (much cheaper than other nearby options).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Very clean and modern hotel in a city that is the opposite. I liked everything you can like about a hotel. The food was good, the gym was good, the rooms and bathrooms were good. Even the elevators were fast. The staff were great and especially Brooklyn at the front desk. She was one of the best I've seen and went out of her way to help me with a shipment I had sent to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business