“Horrible service. Has overcharged me 3 times even after I paid in cash. Red tape trying to get money back. I even called the mai”

Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center
Ranked #50 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Horrible service. Has overcharged me 3 times even after I paid in cash. Red tape trying to get money back. I even called the main office and that manager talked to me like a dog. My sister law so upset with them they gave her room to her for free and I get charged 3 times!!! I will never darken the doors of this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2012
HPNO_GM, Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I was disappointed to read about your experience during your recent visit at our hotel. I appreciate the opportunity to speak with you yesterday as well as assist with a resolution with the billing related issues.

Our goal is for our guest not to have problems during their stay however if they do, make sure that we provide a resolution and work to prevent recurrence. We will work with our team to provide additional coaching and training around the billing issues that you experienced. I am confident that our team will work hard to prevent issues of this nature in the future.

We appreciate you providing us with an opportunity to return to the hotel and allow us the opportunity to show you we can do better.

Tony Welch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Korean first
East Bay, California
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I was very happy with the location of this hotel, for our business needs as well as our leisure time. Our room was great, and for the most part, the service was pretty good. We ran into a few less than happy people working, but I realize we're all human and we all have bad moments sometimes. Overall, we had a great stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel has just been completely remodeled. The rooms are nicely decorated and of decent size.

There are several good restaurants within a short walk (Couchon for example) so the fact that the hotel doesn't have a proper restaurant is not a problem. The breakfast buffet in the morning was good even though a bit unorganized and constantly run out of flatware, but I am sure they will be able to fix that over time.

It's a 20 minute walk or so to French Quarters but if you can stand that this is a great option for your New Orleans stay. Don't forget to visit the WWII museum just a couple of blocks from the hotel.

It might be good to know that the hotel was called "Hotel New Orleans" before it became a Hyatt. Not all cab drivers are aware of the change yet.

Room Tip: The breakfast buffet is served on the 3rd floor so it can be a bit crowded in the mornings. Try to g...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Johan P
Mid-South
Reviewed August 30, 2012

An upscale feel. Very modern and attractively decorated. The food was excellent and the property was conveniently located. Clean and well-maintained. I would return to this property if I were in the area again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank river280
Bogue Chitto,MS
Reviewed August 27, 2012

It's a very nice an clean hotel when u arrive they have this perfume smell coming from d inside, lounge area was very nice there is a bar area also with a few tables in d corner ok to get the elevator to move u must use your key card then press your number this is a great feature to keep out unwanted guest. We stayed in room 708 a corner room next to a exit when entering room there is a closet area then around d corner a bath then lounge area then a bed with a desk coffee maker,freeze in cabinet,free Wifi nice flat screen beautiful view of other buildings. A bit of a walk if u are headed for Bourbon are Frenchmen Street but u could always catch a cab are pedicab not to expensive we paid 10$! for pedicab for 4 blocks staff was very friendly an recommended parking next door which was $10 cheaper! Bed was plenty big an comfy enough for 6 so my overall opinion was I would return!!

1 Thank D_Smith11
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here over the weekend. Located just outside the French Quarter. Rooms were nice and clean. Hot shower, comfy bed. Breakfast could have been better. Located in between the garden district and Canal street. All in all a nice stay.

3 Thank grays2001
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My family of four went down last weekend to enjoy the zoo. This hotel provided an excellent location since we did not want to be in the canal street/quarter area but was still an easy walk to those areas. The hotel is only a few months old so everything was new and clean!

The free breakfast was great and a bonus we were not expecting. One suggestion would be for the hotel to staff more than one attendant to the dining room. The lone worker was doing a good job but was overwhelmed around 9:30.

Also self parking is only $20 which seems like a bargain when parking downtown.

Room Tip: Corner room was very large!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family