Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center
$159
$136
Preferred Hotels
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

$108
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$127
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$104
$98
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

$139
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$103
$85
  • Pool
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$91
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

Hilton New Orleans Riverside(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$139
$169
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$154
$143
1,189 results
All reviewsfrench quarterfree breakfastcruise terminaldirectly across the streetthe breakfast areawarehouse districtoutlet mallcorner roomhot breakfastwwii museumbreakfast staffthe river walkvalet parkingwithin walking distanceminute walkyogurtthird floor
Reviewed August 5, 2012

When we read reviews most seemed okay. We received a good room rate and thought we would give Hyatt a try. Don't think we will be staying with Hyatt again. Room was not ready when arriving. Room key didn't work. Bathroom had not been cleaned. (That is a BIG problem with me when black hair is all over the floor and shower). Toiletries had not been restocked. Room was at 77 degrees. Outside temp was 95 with heat index of 105. Had trouble with refrigerator but my husband was able to get it to finally work. Breakfast was a joke. With the pictures Hyatt shows of the skillets, etc on there site it looked really good. We tried 2 mornings at different times and still no food. Very poor selection. It was the worst "Continental Breakfast" we have ever had. We ended up having to go out and buy breakfast. So much for the "FREE" Continental breakfast. Vallet was very slow. It was also $29.00 plus tax. I know everything is taxed but still think they should give you the full price when asking how much is vallet. I think it would have been faster and cheaper to park at garage right next door. Room decor is nice. Also need to ask for a corner room. Breakfast is on 3rd floor and we were on the 6th floor and good hear all the noise.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelBees_3
HPNO_GM, General Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking time to complete a posting on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Hyatt Place New Orleans Convention. It was truly disheartening to hear of your dissatisfaction while you were our guest. Please accept my apology for the disappointment and the inconveniences you experienced with your room, breakfast, and valet services during your stay at Hyatt Place New Orleans.

Please be assured that I will be following up with the housekeeping and gallery management team in an effort to address your bathroom cleanliness, breakfast service, and valet experiences. It is completely unacceptable and should have been clean properly, as well as provided a full AM Skillet buffet. I am confident that the hotel staff will work harder than ever to prevent a future recurrence, and provide the superior service that is indicative of Hyatt. I sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to evaluate your recent experience.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel soon and show you we can do better! If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 504-571-7710.

Tony Welch

Reviewed July 29, 2012

WOW where to begin. I do agree the appointments in the lobby and rooms ARE nice and contemporary, but the mouse trap in the room does deter from the atmosphere some. I had gone out to dinner and brought home some waters and Gatorade so I could place them in the fridge in the room, it did not work engineering simply said nothing they could do and it was the 4th one he saw broke this week! He removed it and did not bother to replace it. The safe did not lock, it kept giving me an error I thought it was low battery but it was not. Worked all day long at a convetion got back after 4 tired... room was not clean... Sigh.. long day. Here on business, booked through Southwest website so room is pre paid and I will be staying. I will leave on a positive note the staff in the lobby and front desk are actually quite nice. I think a previou review summed it up SO many other choices here in New Orelans.

Room Tip: check to make sure you are not in a suite my room has an outer door that opens into a lobby of 2 rooms and I heard the people arrive and move in at 11pm, thy probably heard me go for a jog at 530.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Bmanrph
HPNO_GM, General Manager at Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for taking time to make us aware of your experience. Please accept my sincere apology for issues that you experienced at our hotel. I assure you that this isn’t the norm and would love the opportunity to speak with you to make sure these concerns are properly addressed.

I was glad to see that you experienced pleasant interactions with our gallery team. We are reviewing your comments with our engineering and housekeeping team to ensure that we improve and prevent experiences of this nature in the future.

I look forward to speaking with you directly and can be reached at 504-571-7710.

Tony Welch

Reviewed July 24, 2012

In my stay the hotel was just finishing their reform, and the rooms was prety good. All new and clean.
Staff was great, and the breakfast was yummy.

The location is good, very near the River Walk marketplace and a 20 minutes walk to the French Quarter.

Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Brunatv
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This hotel is in excellent condition and beautifully decorated in a contemporary style. Rooms have refrigerators, big-screen TV, and double window coverings that can completely block out light or allow light while still permitting privacy. I noticed no street noise. The only view is of the Convention Center. Our room had an L-shaped sofa with ottoman that could make a good sleeping area for a child. Security is outstanding. Room key is needed in order to operate elevator. The complimentary breakfast is served until 9:30 and is nothing short of fabulous. It is served in a large atrium area on the third floor, so the area is visible from floors three through the top floor. Valet parking or parking lot down the block are available but, as all hotel parking, both are expensive. We used a parking meter spot on the street when we were there, and our car was safe. Parking meters spots are free between 6 p.m. and 8 a.m., and can be fed (only once per spot) from your iPhone via a system that I'm sure the hotel personnel can explain to you. The system will actually send you a message to notify you that you need to feed the meter in five minutes. This is especially nice if you're in and out of the hotel multiple times and don't want to wait for your car to be brought around. Wi-Fi was simple to set up and worked reliably for the entire three days.

Room Tip: Most rooms open onto the hallway in the traditional way. If your family requires two rooms and you will be going and coming at the same time, you might like the corner rooms that offer double doors - the first door admits you to a very small entryway from which you then enter one of the room doors. Doors are heavy and metal and are loud when they open and close, so it might be a good way to keep up with your teenagers. If the people in the second room are on a different schedule from you it might be annoying. So if everyone in your party will be staying in one room, it would be wise to request a room that opens onto the hallway.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stay at the Hyatt Place for the Essence Festival. Hotel is renovated and very clean. Rooms are very spacious. Bathrooms are much larger than some of the 5 star properties that I have stayed at. Continental breakfast offered much more than pastries/coffee. Had oatmeal, waffles, breakfast sandwiches.

Directly across the street from the Convention Center and steps away from the Riverwalk Marketplace. Mujates' Restaurant is a block away. Great place to have lunch/dinner at.

Checkout was a breeze. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple