“Great place for business”

Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center
Ranked #53 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Place (formely known as Hotel New Orleans) for 5 days for an international convention at the Convention Centre. The location is perfect for that since it is directly in front of the Convention Centre. It is not too far from the French Quarter and Downtown.

There is a good "included breakfast" with skillets, cereal, etc. and easy to set up "included Wi-Fi internet". If you stay there, I suggest you try the Mulate's restaurant really not far from there. It is close to the Harrah's casino. There is also a lundry mat on one of the floor, which I really appreciated since I had to stay in another hotel for leisure after with my wife, so it was really convenient.

It was clean, nice rooms, great employees. Would recommend, especially for business for the location.

Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Thank you for taking time to complete a review of our hotel. We were happy to see that you enjoyed our AM Breakfast Skillet as well as our Free High Speed Internet. It was great to see that you had the opportunity to experience some of our local flavor in Mulate’s.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us as. We will share your comments with our team.

Again, thank you for taking time to respond and we hope to see you back in New Orleans in the near future.

Tony Welch

Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Did research before reserving a room here. Very good price compared to other hotels, A little walk from Canal Street but hotel is near street car stop. Lobby very nice and checkin was a good experience, Nice feature regarding security on elevator by using room card to use. Room shared another entry with another room which is odd. Beds were comfortable with a nice sitting area which my son used to sleep in. Room was quiet from outside noise. Front desk very helpful in giving directions to street car as well as provinding suggestions and idrections to Jackson Aquare area. Did not use breakfast area as we were there only one day and ent to Cafe DuMond for breakfast.

Only complaints are the the two doors to get into room, the family next doorkept goning in and out for breakfast, heard about 30 door slams in an hour. Also the drop off for valet parking is tight. Overall we were impressed and would stay there again in a heartbeat

Room Tip: Get a room with only only entry.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RHaugen
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Thank you for taking time to complete a review of our hotel. We were happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are glad you had the opportunity to enjoy a local flavor such as Café Du Monde. Perhaps on your next visit you can enjoy our new free AM Breakfast Skillet.

Thank you for the feedback on the entry doors. We will share your comments with our engineering team to address the door closures in our corner rooms.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

This was a great place to stay. I always research hotels before I book them. I was a little nervous about this hotel based on a few mixed reviews. I booked a summer sale rate online and decided to take a chance. I was pleasantly surprised upon my arrival to find the hotel was super modern and very clean. It has been recently renovated and you could tell. Our room had a 42 inch hi def TV, and modern decor.The room was spotless and fresh! Breakfast was a very nice addition, it was tasty and the serving area was clean too. There were very nice hostesses in the eating area also. We were meeting other family members in New Orleans, they booked rooms at more expensive hotels down the street and had less amenities than us. There was a fridge in our room also. I got a chance to compliment the manager on duty, I think his name was Keith? I told him how pleased we were, he was glad to hear it. The 24hr food area was nice, and we got food there a couple times, it was freshly prepared and a quick reasonable option. You will not be disappointed if you try this hotel. It is a hike from the French Quarters and Bourbon Street, but we wanted to be away from the hustle and bustle so it was perfect for us. If going to the Convention Center it is right across the street. Hoping if I find another Hyatt Place elsewhere it will be as nice as this?

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor, which was the highest, and it was extremely quiet and nice!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We were happy to see that you enjoyed your room and the amenities that make Hyatt Place a great place to stay.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us as. We will share your comments with our AM Skillet breakfast team and housekeeping team. Your comments will make their day!

Again, thank you for taking time to respond and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I recently visited New Orleans for the first time, while attending a convention. The location of this hotel was fantastic - directly across the street from the New Orleans Convention Center. The hotel staff members were friendly, welcoming and accommodating. They made excellent suggestions regarding places nearby to eat and even provided a map to help in locating good spots. The room itself was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was more than adequate with many choices. Once breakfast was over, a microwave was provided in the area, (in case you had leftovers from one of your lunch or dinner adventures that you might want to heat up). With the exemption of the last morning when we needed to confirm that a taxi we asked for had been ordered, there were no problems with the front desk personnel. (That morning, the gentleman at the desk seemed to be a bit testy and really wasn't helpful. That was disappointing for he was the only one who showed any signs of rudeness during the five days we spent at the hotel.) Without a doubt I would highly recommend this lovely hotel, which has recently been renovated and updated. And, I would definitely return to stay there on any subsequent trips to the area.

Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you for you for staying with us and taking time to complete a review of our property. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly, accommodating, and provided great suggestions for things to do in New Orleans.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Please accept my apologies for your experience with our departing staff member. We will review your comments with him to ensure that future guest do not have the same experiences.

Again, thank you for taking time to respond and if I can be of assistance to you, feel free to contact me directly at 504-571-7710.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Arrived Friday night and the front desk staff were amazing , polite and helpful , Check - in was fast and very painless . The room was immaculate and very comfortable . Breakfast was free , which is always good , Everything was hot and delicious and the girls serving breakfast were awesome and helpful.

The hotel was across from the cruise ship building , not much of a view , but it was only a 10 - 15 minute walk to downtown , so didn't really matter about the view . No matter what time of day it was, the staff from the cleaners to the doormen to the front desk they were amazing people and I Thank You All for your help with my family's stay , you all made it that much better . I only stayed for 2 nights ,but,will definately be back for our next stay .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank paulshaw123
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

We appreciate you staying with us and taking time to complete a review of our property. We were happy to see that you had a great stay at our hotel and had the opportunity to experience our great city.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us as. We will share your comments with our team as is very rewarding to the team when our guest has a great stay and experience as you did.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

A disappointing first (and last) Hyatt Place experience.

Arrived at 1, no rooms available still cleaning them, no problem, come back at 3. 3pm - no rooms available still cleaning them. Come back at 4. 420pm - no rooms available still cleaning them.

The three folks at the check in counter had a rough time working with all the folks awaiting rooms.

Not a happy customer, I complained and miraculously there was a room available.

Strange, the folks working at Hyatt Place wore no name tags - nor was there a way to identify anyone - no one introduced themselves. (No names are a Hyatt policy I was told.)

The room - nice but not clean. hair in the shower, poor vacuuming job.

I shared all of this when I checked out only to hear of a front office screw up with the printer toner. Oh yes, everyone is very practiced at apologizing and smiling regardless.

For the conference rate of $189 a night this was a waste of money.

I wont be back and recommend that you aren't either.

Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for you for staying with us and taking time to make us aware of your experience. We welcome and appreciate our guests’ comments, as this is the best way for us to continue to improve our operation.

I sincerely apologize for your experience around arrival and check-in. I can assure you this is not the norm. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed with the appropriate staff members. We will review our staffing models to ensure that we have contingencies in place to prevent opportunities of this nature in the future.

Thank you for this valuable feedback and for speaking with me. Our team welcomes the opportunity to show that we can do better. If you have the opportunity to be back in New Orlenas, please feel free to email me at tony.welch@hyatt.com or contact me directly at 504-524-1881.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We booked a last minute getaway to New Orleans at Hyatt Place two nights on a weekend in June. The price was a little steep, but that's what you pay last-minute sometimes. We were two adults and one four-year-old child. We had a late check-in, and the valet was very quick to take our car so we could get situated. The front desk staff were extremely courteous, and got us checked in quickly. We had a cranky child, so it was nice to have such quick, friendly service. The hotel lobby was beautiful, with obvious recent renovations. There were several people enjoying the cafe area, and the comfy seating near the large front windows looked inviting. The entire hotel has a very modern vibe, which I thought was quite lovely. We were within comfortable walking distance, even with a young child, to the Riverwalk, mall, aquarium, IMAX, Starbucks, and several excellent restaraunts. If you plan to spend a lot of time in the French Quarter, I would book a hotel closer to that area. The walk was not terrible, but it was tough on our child in the Louisiana heat/humidity/rain. On the second floor we did experience some road noise, with car alarms going off and people talking loudly. Next time I would likely stay on a higher floor, to muffle the noise a little better. The breakfast was great, with a combo of hot and cold options, including egg/ham/cheese on English muffins, waffles, pancakes, cereal, fresh fruit, etc. Overall, this was a great short stay!

Room Tip: You may want to book a room on the higher floors to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family