“Great all around hotel experience”

La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown
Ranked #88 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed August 28, 2007

In New Orleans, there are varied advance expectations. I was very pleasantly surprised to find this hotel above my expctations. The staff was friendly and efficient, the free breakfast was above average for free breakfasts, the location was only a couple of short blocks to the Quarter and to Harrahs, and the room was large, clean, well maintained, and functional (nice desk and counter spaces). In addition, there was a sofa, microwave and mini fridge. It's not the Four Seasons, but it's much more comfortable and appealing than some of the boutique hotels I've stayed at in New Orleans. One word about parking - expect to pay for your parking anywhere in the Quarter - this hotel has only valet service for $22. I found that reasonable, based on comparable experiences and the cost of my room. Still a great deal!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank tbrowntx

Reviewed July 10, 2007

stayed at property july 5-9 for the essence fest. positives: hotel is in a great location approx: 4 blocks from french quarter, about 8 blocks from the superdome, short walk to the convention center. upgraded to a 1 bedroom suites which was roomy with fridge and microwave. bathroom was moderate size. stayed on 14th floor and had great views out of every window. front desk personal were nice and helpful. drawbacks: no onsite bar. (went next door to the international house bar) very nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank alt9171964
Reviewed June 21, 2007

My fiance and I stayed at this La Quinta this past April for Jazzfest. I cannot gush enough on what great a choice this was! For starters, the hotel is just a few blocks away from the edge of the Latin Quarter, literally up the street from Canal, and within perfect walking distance of Cafe DuMonde (just far enough away to make you feel like you worked up an appetite for the best beingets, or allow yourself the delusion that you "walked them off"). Further, the price was amazing! Go to their website directly, they offer discounts! The room was clean, the lobby bright and sunny, and the staff was SOOO NICE!!! I'm headed back to the Big Easy this July and this is where I will stay in New Orleans every single time!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank let's-see-the-world!
Reviewed June 15, 2007

I have stayed here on several occasion, most recently in Jan 2007 for the Sugar Bowl (LSU killed Notre Dame!!!!).

The hotel is just a few blocks from the french quarter which is where we hung out for the most part. It is also just a 10 minute walk to the Superdome.

The hotel itself looks like it has undergone some renovations over the past few years, maybe since Hurricane Katrina.

The rooms were a little smaller that expected but still nice. All the normal amenities. No great window views since it is downtown, just the buildings next door. There is an outdoor pool a few floors up which is pretty cool.

The only problems Ive had were with valet parking. They charge you $20 a day I think it was and it took a few hours to get my car the day of checkout. The next time I stayed here I called in advance to get my car but still had a longer wait than normal.

Overall its a good hotel. You can usually find cheaper rates than normal and Ive been lucky to get a room on busy weekends (new years, mardi gras).

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sublimebrad
Reviewed March 31, 2007

This hotel is two blocks from the French Quarter and within walking distance of other attractions such as the Workd War II Museum. The rooms start at $109 for a double and includes a complete breakfast (eggs, sausage, sweet rolls, cereal, OJ, etc.). Valet parking is available as well. We loved this place and thought it was a great bargain. It is clean, friendly, quiet , well located and we will be staying there when we go back, which we will.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Onnieon
Reviewed February 20, 2007

We stay in New Orleans hotels at least 5 times a year and noticed the La Quinta while we were staying at the Queen & Crescent during one trip. So while planning our next trip during New Years Eve we decided to try out the La Quinta.

We were very happy with the hotel! It is a beautiful hotel, great location, friendly staff, has a continental breakfast, and even allows dogs (although you would have to walk a little ways to find green grass for dogs).

We attempted to check in our room at 9 am but our room was not ready. They gladly checked our luggage and took our car. When we came back later that day we were able to check in the room with no problem. The room was very large-- but nothing too special -- normal La Quinta type furnishings.

We paid about 120/night for the room and would definately stay again at that price or cheaper...however, if you are willing to spend 150/night I think you can find some better hotel deals in NOLA.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MikahDog
Reviewed January 15, 2007

We spent 3 nights here before setting out on a cruise and found it to be much better than expected. It was relatively inexpensive and had a pleasant atmosphere, a very nice lobby and our room was clean and nicely decorated. Our room looked out onto a parking lot but had a great view of some of the high rise hotels and we could see the cruise ships at the river. Did not care for the air conditioner/heater built into the wall under the window. It made a lot of noise and those things are just one of my pet peeves in hotels.

My husband and I really appreciated the complimentary breakfast each day. There were scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, pastries, cereal, juice, etc. We found the staff to be very helpful as our airline 'misplaced' our luggage and the manager gave us a call when it was finally delivered the next day.

My husband and I walked into the French Quarter each day, sometimes twice a day. Obviously, we like to walk. The only time we took a taxi was one night when it was raining cats and dogs and the other time to get us to the cruise ship.

If I must say one negative about the hotel, I think the front desk is understaffed. I kept checking back with the front desk regarding my misplaced luggage and each time had to wait for the clerk to finish a phone call, all the while hearing another call ringing through or a number of people waiting in line ahead of me.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple