“The receptionists sold me from the moment I hit the door.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown
Ranked #97 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here from 7/16-7/18 and I must say it was simply a theft on my part. My room was great minus one or two very small details. From the moment I stepped in, the front desk clerk took care of business. She checked me in quickly, gave me a quick rundown of must visit places, how to get there and coupons. Do yourself a favor and take a trolley ride to the Garden District & Museum-trust me. Don't let the "valet only" parking scare you away. They got me in and out in a hurry each time I needed my car. Prime location if you're planning on visiting the French Quarter, Aquarium, Riverfront or using mass transit. Treat them well and they'll take care of you. This will be my go to hotel every time I visit New Orleans so don't mistreat my front desk clerks! Your visitors from St. Louis will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2013
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Write a ReviewReviews (1,362)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed in La Quinta in New Orleans June 29, 2013 to July 3, 2013. The staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was great. They were very helpful in helping us get around New Orleans. The price and location were excellent. The beds were very comfortable. The grandkids enjoyed the pool. We felt safe in the area we were in...two women and two grandkids. Conveniently located to the bus routes, trolleys, and street cars. We had a wonderful stay and we certainly stay here again. The only problem we encountered was the bathroom double doors didn't close very easily. You had to slam them.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I always stay at La Quinta in New Orleans. The price can not be beat for the location, the facilities, the breakfast, free internet and the room. It is definitely not a four star hotel, but when you stay at a mid range hotel like this, you already know what to expect. I will continue to stay here on my return visits.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have no complaits about this hotel. The location is within walking distance to all the main attractions in NOLA but far enough to get proper rest at night without having to worry about the noisy streets. The service was great. The employees are super friendly and helpful. Breakfast is filling enough until you are able to go out and enjoy some of that great New Orleans food. It consisted of waffles, toast, bagels, oatmeal, grits, cold cereal, muffins, boiled eggs, fruit and beverages. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Very nice hotel. Check-in was quick & easy. Our valet Bret was SUPER nice & very helpful. Our room was SUPER clean, the only problem we encountered was a loud noise coming from the commode @ 3:00 in the morning. We called the front desk & they sent the security guard up & she told us there were no more rooms like the one we were in (handicapped acssiable) & maintenance would check it out the next day. Our bellman, Mr. Willie was SUPER nice as well as the rest of the staff. Breakfast was plentiful, & I loved that we were close to all the main attractions being I have to use a powerchair, I was never worried about my chairs battery going dead. Looking forward to my next visit for a SAINTS game!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Being a La Quinta I was expecting it to be clean and nice like the one at Stonebridge in San Antonio . but we were surprised when we got there - it was the classiest La Quinta I have ever been to. The valet was very nice and polite and the rest of the staff were very courteous and professional. Our room had a king sized bed, a pull out sofa bed at the foot of the bed, extra beddings in the closet , high ceiling , nice carpet , cabinetry and very clean room .We arrived late ( 11:00 pm ) and have not had dinner. The concierge recommended a restaurant which was just walking distance away ( open 24 hrs ). It was near everything ! we will surely stay here again next time we are in NOLA.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently traveled to New Orleans and were looking for a place to stay, short notice. We were happy to find the La Quinta as it is close to everything in the French Quarter. We had never been to New Orleans before so we did not really know what to expect. The La Quinta was in the perfect location as it was literally only a few blocks from all the attractions.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly staff and found the prices of the hotel to be decent for the location it was in. The room was $119 a night. My boyfriend was not happy that only valet parking was offered, as he had just bought the car on the trip, but we did not have any issues with the valet services. Parking is $25 in additon to the room charges. This was the average price though for all the parking in that area, not just the hotel.

The room we stayed in was on the 12th floor and had a gorgeous view. It was a spaceous room with a king bed, perfect for just the two of us. The room and bathroom were very clean. It was also very comfortable. I liked the fact that we had to use our room key to get on the elevator to get up to our room, it made me feel very safe and secure.

There is a pool and fitness center located on the 5th floor. We were unable to use the fitness center but did stop by the pool for a short time. It was rather small but it was decent.

I only had one small issue with this hotel and it was the cleaning services in the morning. They were slamming all the doors around us so it woke me up quite frequently, but I would stay here again if I ever return to the city. Overall I was very satisfied with the hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Staybridge Suites New Orleans
Staybridge Suites New Orleans
#84 of 167 in New Orleans
Holiday Inn Express New Orleans Downtown
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel
Best Western Plus St. Christophe...
#113 of 167 in New Orleans
Blake Hotel New Orleans, BW Premier Collection
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#107 of 167 in New Orleans

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown? Share your experiences!