“Great Hotel, Even Better Service!”

Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #25 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Typical Marriott, consistent quality of a courtyard. What made this a great experience was the front desk staff. They allowed us to store our bags here after a cruise (only 2 blocks from the Julia Street cruise port). They checked us in early and called us when the room was ready. Upon checking in, she wheeled our luggage into the elevator and pressed our floor. She recommended Oceanas which was great! These ladies went above and beyond, I will always stay here in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Collin D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Brandon,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the front desk staff was able to make it a memorable one! I will be sure to share your review to my team and thank them for a job well done. Please come back and see us soon, as we would love to have you back. Thanks again.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Read a bunch of reviews on this hotel and its location and it didn't disappoint. A block from the fray of Bourbon Street it was easy to get to the French Quarter and other points nearby. Nice, clean lobby and rooms and very helpful and happy staff. I am still not used to Courtyards not providing the free breakfast in the mornings however the food choices at the new "cafe" are nice and healthy. Would recommend this for anybody that wants to be close to the action without actually had to put up with it.

Room Tip: If you want really quiet room, request one that opens over courtyard and not street level. Dont tak...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We love this location of the Courtyard by Marriott! It's centrally located with easy parking and local stables nets in walking distance! When visiting New Orleans, consider this location for price value and convenience!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay. We booked two rooms and the only complaint I have is that the two rooms were not close enough together. The atmosphere was great. The rooms were clean and the location was walking distance to everything. Lots of walking because we parked our car in the hotel garage (valet) but it was worth fighting the traffic. I especially liked Michael, the evening shift attendant that checked us in. He was so full of personality and really set the fun relaxed tone as soon as we walked in. Thanks Michael!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Don-Michelle P
Collin D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Don-Michelle,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and taking the time to share on TripAdvisor. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel convenient during your time in New Orleans. I will definitely share your comment with Michael. It's great to hear that he was able to connect with you and set the tone for a great trip. Please come back and see us on your next visit!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We booked a couple of nights here during Mardi Gras. The biggest plus is that it was a very convenient location to catch the parades and is in a good location - within walking distance to the French Quarter as well. The hotel was nice enough, and the room was fairly large. One of the drawers had not been cleaned out, and there were old mardi gras beads left in one. We did have to navigate a few times around the housekeeping staff who parked their carts randomly in the hallways, and a couple of them were kneeling in the hallway taking a selfie at one time. The front desk staff was pleasant enough. Comparatively though, this was probably one of my least favorite hotels in the city. We have paid less for rooms where we were treated like royalty by anyone and everyone associated with the hotel. Not the case here. I would stay here again, but it would NOT be my first choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Collin D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Kim,

I am happy to hear that you found our location convenient and that you were able to enjoy your time in New Orleans over Mardi Gras. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I will look into the issues you've mentioned and I would like to assure you that we are taking corrective steps to ensure that these inconveniences are not reoccurring. We would like another chance to regain your trust and become your first choice! If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I'm currently staying here right now and to write a review because I am very disappointed with the guest service. I was assigned a room in front of elevator and ice machine. Due to the constant noise I called to ask for another room and was told that there are no rooms available as they are sold out. I know for a fact that this is not true. I work for a reputable travel agency and have access to check availability and I also called their 800# and was told there is space available ! I am so upset but too tired to deal with folks who obliviously don't know what good customer service is. All I want is another room so I can get a good nights rest before my long early drive home in the morning. Is that too much to ask? It's little things like that determines whether I will recommend a hotel to a client and for this I definitely will not!

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Wilmaletta F

Dear Wilmaletta,

First, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I am sincerely sorry that we were unable to provide you with another guest room during your stay. You are a valued customer and we do appriciate your business as a travel agent. Unfortunitely, we did not meet your, or our own, expectations. If you would like to contact me directly at the email or phone number below with more details, I would be happy to investigate why you were advised that no rooms were available. Again, I apologize for our laps in service during your stay with us and I hope that we have the chance to serve you again and meet your expectations.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is the perfect hotel, if you are in New Orleans for business with some extra time to relax and enjoy the town. The location is perfect, the staff is very helpful and really goes the extra mile to ensure you have an enjoyable time. Rooms are beautiful, comfortable with a good lay out and amenities . On a personal note, "I liked the decor, tasteful and yet simple"

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business