“Please do your research before staying here”

Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #25 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Please do your research before staying here”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We attempted to stay here in June and switched hotels within 15 minutes of being here. Overpriced for what you can find in close proximity. If you like the feeling of being crammed in an over crowded hotel, then this is your cup of tea. Also, you have to pay to park here, but to be fair....this is the same with other hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TexanByGrace
Allison H, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear TexanbyGrace,
I would like to take a moment to express my sincere apologies for the experience you had at our hotel during your recent visit in June. I understand we did not meet your expectations and you choose to swith hotels. At your conveinece, I am available via phone at 504-598-9898 if you would like to share with me further.
Allison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had a good stay at this hotel, downstairs was very nice, but the rooms do need refurbishing, although they were clean. Furniture had seen better days in our room and the rail to help get in and out of the shower had rusted and come away from the tiles which didn't look particularly nice. Comfy and big bed though. Shame breakfast finished at 10am and the bar at 10pm. The staff were friendly and helpful especially one young man on reception. There was one older lady who was very rude and stern faced. A 5-10 minute walk to the front where you can catch a trolley for $1.75 all along the front. New Orleans was a very vibrant city.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Allison H, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Greetings Fiona F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback and for choosing our hotel during your visit to New Orleans! I will agree that our guest rooms do need refurbishing and I am very excited to share that we will be starting our rooms renovations later this month to be completed late September. I would love to have you as our guest again in the future during your next visit to New Orleans and would be happy to assist you with your reservations. I can be reached at 504-598-9898.

Warm Wishes,
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed here for $53/night plus tax and fees via Priceline, which I still think was a steal. As others have mentioned, the lobby is nice and stylish, but the room clearly needed renovation. It was spacious, but a bit dusty when I arrived (apparently, the room hadn't been used for a while), though I didn't feel that way when I came back to the room on my second night. It's a twenty- to twenty-five minute walk to French Quarter, or a six- to eight-dollar cab ride. There are plenty of hotels in the area (and even more in the French Quarter area), so I think I'll try another hotel next time I come to NOLA.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank m_s_001
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed at the Courtyard on Julia street with 8 ladies for a bachelorette, it was great! The rooms were very clean and the pool area was beautiful. Has an outdoor pool and a hot tub. The staff was over the top friendly and were there to help you with anything. The building was also beautiful.

Located in the Arts district, it is about a 10-15 minute walk to the French Quarter. The area surrounding is very safe, never felt in danger. There are nice restaurants and bars right next to the hotel as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings Stephanie,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your special bachelorette weekend to New Orleans! I am so happy you choose our hotel for your celebrations and enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your experience with my entire team and am glad we made your trip to New Orleans memorable and great!

Cheers,
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel has been modernised in the entrance/reception area and are working up through the hotel....we were on 5th floor...comfortable bed, cleaned every day...young friendly lad in reception...excellent customer service, but one of the female staff was rude....bar closed by 10pm...well positioned on each of French Quarters...trolley ride in very reasonable or easy to walk.....evening jazz cruise on Mississiippii river a must

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
mandevillle
Reviewed July 2, 2013

It's about what you'd expect in quality for any Courtyard off any interstate but the location and just being in New Orleans makes it great. Stayed one night here after a big night in my hometown and I was perfectly pleased. I was able to get where ever I needed to and was back in the comfortable room after enjoying the fun all over town. I read someone else said there was street noise, but I never heard it and my room was on the street side. Still I have to giggle a bit, imagine that noise from the street in NOLA.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Topsham, Maine
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Courtyard by the Convention Center is a very convenient location. An easy walk morning and evening. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, but looked a little worn around the edges. The bristo had good sandwiches for a quick meal.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the central courtyard is quiet and has a nice view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Allison H, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Greetings Amasland!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to New Orleans. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and accomodating. It is great to read that you took advantage of our on site restaraurant, The Bistro and enjoyed our sandwich and quick convenient service. I would agree with you that our rooms are in need of a "refresh" and I am excited to share with you that we will be recieving a complete rooms renovation to be completed this fall! We look forward to having you as our guest again during your next visit to New Orleans!