Hilton New Orleans Riverside
$299
$233
$208
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
$267
$249
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$318
$296
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$286
$247
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$259
$233
  • Pool
Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$381
$354
  • Bar/Lounge
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$240
  • Breakfast included
6,216 results
All reviewsconvention centerdrago's restaurantexecutive levelcharbroiled oystersoutlet mallhealth clubfrench quartermississippi riverharrah's casinohuge hotelself parkingwithin walking distanceattending a conferencecafe du mondetrolley stophotel restaurantbourbon street
Reviewed April 29, 2005

The Hilton New Orleans Riverside had plenty of things to recommend it.

One thing was the location. While not in the French Quarter, you are within walking distance to it. (It's probably about 15 minutes away on foot, give or take.) You can wind through side streets to get to the Quarter, or walk along the riverfront walking path to Jackson Square and stroll in that way.

Overall, though, you are centrally located to many attractions. The New Orleans Aquarium is right next door. Harrah's is just across the street. The D-Day Museum, Superdome, cemetaries, etc. are just a short drive away, too.

Better yet, the hotel is connected internally to a large riverfront mall. This affords you an easy way to get to shopping and restuarants (not New Orleans' best, but definitely came in handy that evening). When I arrived in New Orleans it was storming that night, so I just explored the hotel and ate at a nice restaurant in the mall.

The decor of the hotel is nice, though not spectacular. Same can be said of the rooms. I was lucky enough to have a room with a view of the Mississippi River and could watch the activity on the river. This is a nice plus stemming from the hotel's location.

I thought the service was so-so. The restaurant staff included some very rude servers.

Overall, I can recommend the Hilton New Orleans Riverside enthusiastically.

• Stayed: March 2003
4  Thank TravelCubed_7
A TripAdvisor Member
Slidell Louisiana
Reviewed April 19, 2005

I cant complain at all about our stay at the Hilton Riverside in New Orleans. We rented 1 room and it was 5 girls who stayed there. We had my best friends bachelorette party and went out on Bourbon that night. It was in a very convenient location for our occasion. It was honestly an experience I will never forget.

Stayed: August 2004
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 16, 2005

Like so many other Hiltons, I have to complain about the noise factor in rooms. The walls block out nothing, we heard the neighbors on each side as if we were in conversation with them. And you hear the housekeeping services all morning knocking, knocking, knocking (didn't gel with post-Bourbon Street mornings!)

Room was clean, though I have issues with the uncovered feather blanker (we have allergies). They did replace the feather pillows for us, though.

Location was nice for shopping, and we preferred it being a bit removed instead of right on Bourbon St. WHY do I have to PAY for the HEALTH CLUB???!!! We paid $270.night for the room. I realize not all guests use a health club, but I don't use a number of amenities at a hotel (e.g. a pool) that my stay subsidizes. I find it ridiculous to have to pay what the hotel called a "nominal fee" of $10/day to exercise for an hour.

Also, this is an immense place. It is great for a large convention, but I wouldn't have stayed for a romantic weekend, too busy, crowded and spread out.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank Nicci
Reviewed April 13, 2005

This Hilton Riverside is a good choice if you aren't looking for that special New Orleans flavor and atmosphere. This could be the Hilton in Des Moines for all you know. But it is in a great location and it provides very easy access to some of the best family friendly attactions in New Orleans. The aquarium and river boats are just steps from the hotel. There's an entrance to the hotel directly from the Riverwalk Mall. The Shops at Canal Place are only a block away, as is Harrah's casino. The riverfront streetcar has a stop right outside the hotel's front entrance, but it's an easy walk to the French Quarter. And speaking of the French Quarter, it's nice sometimes to get out of that atmosphere after a few days. I booked the room using the special Christmas rate and was surprised to get a great river view room. I would certainly recommend this hotel, as long as you don't mind the generic decor.

• Stayed: December 2003
4  Thank CenlaTraveler
Reviewed April 9, 2005

My husband and I just returned from spending the weekend at the Hilton Riverside. After reading some of the reviews I was almost hesitant when we arrived but our experience was flawless. We upgraded to the executive floors and it was well worth the extra $50.00. Although the rooms are comparable to the regular rooms in size, they have great down comforters, some fun extras and the use of the executive lounge on the 29th floor with a panoramic view of the city. The executive room offers a "continental" breakfast in the morning with everything you could ask for and a good assortment in the evenings - both included in the upgrade. Alcohol is not included at the lounge and is a little expensive but soft drinks, a variety of coffees, etc., are free. The staff made us feel right at home and the grounds were enormous. We used the pool, which was the perfect temperature. Checking in and out was quick and easy and you are within walking distance to just about everything. We highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: April 2005