“When in New Orleans good place to stay”

Ranked #79 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersGold level
Virginia
“When in New Orleans good place to stay”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Spent five nights here during Jazz Fest. Room was nice had a view overlooking Mississippi where Cruise Ships checked in. Enjoyed the hotel, room was nice and bed slept well with
plenty of pillows. Had access to the Executive Level and it was very adequate for getting the day started and the happy hour always had nice treats from 5pm to 7pm. Great view of the City
or River depending on what side of Executive Level you were sitting. Make sure to take in Oysters at Drago's Seafood restaurant on the first floor. Pool was adequate with plenty of towels, gym was good with all the basics. Great location along the River with Trolley stop right outside the door and a Casino across the street. Cabs are reasonable for patrolling around the
French Quarter. Maid service was excellent and staff around the hotel were all helpful if called upon. Nice stay.
So many things to do in this town if you looking for some fun, food and patrolling give it a try at
Jazz Fest you'll have fun.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a view either the city view or river view are both nice. Ask for upgrade to...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VaGoldVirginia
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
VaGoldVirginia,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing us as your Jazz Fest 2014 destination and we hope to se you gain next year for Jazz Fest 2015.

Hilton New Orleans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, GA USA
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I was in N.O. for a meeting at the Convention Center - a short walk from this hotel. I stayed in a river view room - very nice- and had access to the concierge floor. The morning breakfast is nothing special - only basics - and not a reflection of a city renowned for food.

Room Tip: River view rooms on higher floors
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
GSSATLANTA,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback on Breakfast and we will certainly take your comments into consideration as we improve our in house guest experience. We all enjoyed having you here and we look forward to welcoming you back once again next time your travels bring you back this way. Have a wonderful summer.

Bradenton, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2014

This hotel is right on the river and only a short walk to the French Quarter. The casino is directly across the street and there are enough places to eat within two blocks that during a two week stay you need never eat at the same place twice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Robert W,

Thank you for choosing us as your New Orleans destination. We enjoyed having you here and we look forward to that next opportunity to welcome you back once again. New Orleans is a fun destination any time of the year and we will be happy to assist you in planning a future stay with us.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was here for a conference and loved that my room was close to all the meeting rooms (in building 1). Very convenient. Staff was very friendly, especially the bartenders, who were courteous in helping me identify gluten-free menu items. I even got an email from the GM and when I said my conditioner hadn't been replenished, he apologized and I had about a half dozen bottles when I came back to my room. (Which cracked me up.) I walked to the French Quarter and it wasn't that far. (It was a nice day.)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Allie S,

We appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were diappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure you that your feedback is incredibly important to us and your comments will be taken into consideration.

Again , thank you very much for your review and we sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you are in New Orleans.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

We were really looking forward to this trip and we aren't high maintenance guests but I was pretty frustrated by our stay. Everyone we spoke to was wonderful, the staff went above and beyond anything we ever needed, which saved the trip for us. Dragos was amazing! We ate there several times, even with the expensive menu, it was well worth it. The rooms were cleaned and housekeeping even noticed the things we used up and replaced them with extras so the next day went even better. Beds were down and super comfy, which would have been a great nights sleep if it wasn't for the trains that drove through all night. I can't believe there was no warning when we booked that told us we would be woken up every night 2-3 times by a train blasting its horn feet from our window. We just had a baby and had planned this trip to be a recuperating trip and I was saddened by how happy I was to get back home where I could sleep more than 1.5-2 hours at a time. The shower in our room also failed to maintain temperature so you would get 30 seconds of hot water and it would drain down to lukewarm. We had a fabulous view out our window if you ignored the train tracks and construction directly below it. We watched cruise ships come in every morning and really enjoyed beginning our day to the sunrise over the river. I don't think I will return to this hotel, unless I could make the room contingent on being far away from the tracks as possible so we can't hear it. When we went to check out I tried to mention this to the woman behind the desk and she was the only person we interacted with that I felt like could have improved. She clearly had a trainee badge on so I just chalked it to inexperience, but I tried to mention the water not staying warm, and a desk lamp that didn't work, but she rushed us off and told us to have a good day in the middle of my sentence. I would have loved to give this a higher review but I was just too tired when we left to give it more than three.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the tracks!
Green Features: There was no recycling options but they used glasses in the rooms that could be washed rather than tossed like paper or plastic.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Allie S,

We appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. We understand that you were disappointed and we came short of delivering what you are accustomd to expect from us. I truly apologize and I can assure you that your feedback is incredibly important to us. With that said your comments will be taken into consideration.

Again, thank you very much for your review and we sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us again next time you are in New Orleans.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend before a conference. We had a river view on the 17th floor. That was the best part of the stay. We could see the barges and the cruise ships. There was even a weird fog one day that literally rolled in.

Our king room was a little small, but the space was arranged well. There was a desk and a comfortable arm chair with a small table. The bathroom was nice and everything was clean.

We did not eat in the hotel restaurants, but there is a huge Starbucks in the lobby. We bought coffee, fruit, and pastries every morning. We would enjoy these while looking out our window.

If you are planning to spend every minute of your trip in the French Quarter, it is a bit of a hike from the Hilton. We probably walked it four times a day. This was good, because we were eating a lot. If you have any mobility issues at all, you would be better off with a hotel in the French Quarter.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Louise_1980
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Louise_1980,

Thank you for the very nice review and it is nice to hear that you all enjoyed your time with us. Hopefully we will have another opportunity to welcome you all back again soon and have a wonderful summer!

North Georgia
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The reviews I read had me worried prior to this trip, all were unfounded. The room was nice and well appointed. Cleanliness was not an issue albeit my wife would have liked to have a few things different with housekeeping. Noise was not a problem but we were in the tower on the 13 floor away from the tracks. The restaurant inside the hotel, Dragos was great as well, Char Grilled oysters rival other places in the city. Gift shops were well stocked and reasonable. Al guest relations staff were helpful and polite. business facilities were some of the best I have seen.

Room Tip: Tower in the new section seems best
1 Thank Charles L
Charles L,

Thank you both for choosing the Hilton New Orleans Riverside as your New Orleans destination. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to seeing you both again soon. You mentioned that your wife some additional suggestions for Housekeeping. Our guest feedback is very important to us and we would certainly appreciate hearing your wife's suggestions. This information is valuable to us as we continue to find better ways to service our guests. If you all have a few minutes I would certainly appreciate hearing the suggestions- my email address is jim.thibodeaux@hilton.com. Have a wonderful summer and we hope to see you all again soon.