This is the first time I stayed at a Hilton property and quite frankly this hotel did not live up to the standards of what Conrad Hilton would have in mind. There is picture of him & his son Barron right there in the lobby.
Here is why I am giving this hotel a lousy review. First upon check in I was not offered even a bottle of water. The check in was....bland no greetings no nothing. When I got to my floor there was a maid cleaning some rooms so I asked her if I could get a bottle of water she told me that water is only given to VIP guests and obviously I was not one so I was told to go to the vending machine. Which I did.
I have taken some pictures of the room and the dark spot on the shower curtain was definitely some "excrement". You be the judge of what you think that is.
The hotel is obviously old was opened in 1977 the pictures of the drawers as you can see are worn down and needs to be "patched" or replaced, the worse part is the dust between the drawers I put my fingers between them and as you can see it has not been dusted for days or maybe even months.
I also took a picture of the little overhead light fixture on the guest elevators and as you all can see it looks like nobody has cleaned them for a while.
They have a fitness center but when I went to the front desk to use it they said I had to pay an extra $16 per day to use it. Really!! Whats the point of having a fitness center and asking guests to pay for it. A better thing would be to include in the price when quoting guests.
I liked New Orleans but I will not stay at this hotel there are others that are little more pricey but worth a shot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visiting the Hilton New Orleans Hotel Riverside will not only bring back fond memories, but can open up new areas to explore in New Orleans, Louisiana. Enjoy the 90,000 sq. ft. Health Club by Hilton featuring tennis, racquetball, full weight training circuit, the Precor® cardio theater and more. Stimulate your palate within Drago's Seafood Restaurant, a New Orleans dining institution. Upgrade your accommodations to our exclusive Executive Level. Try your hand at Harrah's Casino or take in a round of golf at TPC Louisiana. New Orleans is still one of the world's most unique destinations and is at your doorstep when staying at the Hilton Riverside Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton New Orleans Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton Riverside Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton Riverside New Orleans