“Always a fantastic stay!!!”

Ranked #76 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I recently returned from New Orleans after another great stay at another great Hilton property. I had a room on the 24th floor overlooking the Mississippi River. The view was great and I could see the bend in the river that gives this city its nickname, the Crescent City. The room was spotless and very well attended to. Any hotel that puts a coffee maker in your room with Lavazza coffee is tops in my books. The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful and the Executive Lounge on the 29th floor is a treat. If you normally just stay "wherever" when you travel, I urge you to try the Hilton. As someone who has spent almost 300 nights in Hiltons, all I can say is "trust me, you won't be disappointed".

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a high floor overlooking the Mighty Mississippi.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Share the World,

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for the review and I have shared your comments with the team.
The best of the upcmoning Holiday Season to you and to your family!

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

The Riverside Hilton is in a great location that is near the convention center and the French Quarter. The hotel is within walking distance of these locations and near many restaurants. The hotel is very clean and the staff are very friendly.

The only downside is the menu price of the restaurant. It is very high so look at other destinations for food.

• Stayed: October 2012
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Tsoard,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we certainly look forward to seeing you again next time your travels bring you back to New Orleans. Lots of fun events scheduled here in New Orleans in early 2013, so if you have some well deserved R&R time coming up give us a call and our Concierge team will be happy to help you plan your next stay with us.

Executive Office
Hilton New Orleans Riverside.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Clean, quiet and close to convention center. I would stay here again, but it definitely isn't a destination hotel. Minor annoyance #1: I was sent up to a room that hadn't been cleaned yet. Minor annoyance #2: There was an extra $12 fee to use the hotel gym.

2  Thank grendelpuppy
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Grendelpuppy,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton New Orleans Riverside as your New Orleans destination. We certainly enjoyed having you here and look forward to seeing you again time your travels bring you back to New Orleans. Our apologies for the Housekeeping issue and your comments have been shared with the team. Hopefully you had the opportunity to enjoy our Health Club by Hilton. We are very proud of our Club. Not many hotels can offer their guests the same. All of our HHonors, Diamond, Gold and Silver members have complimentary Health Club use as part of our HHonors Rewards Program.

The best of the upcoming Holiday Season to you and to your family.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I just completed a stay at this wonderful hotel. I successfully got a room through a Priceline bid and paid significantly less than my conference rate. Before arriving I had called to request a river view room based on other reviewers comments and they said they would do their best to accommodate me. When I arrived, I again requested it and they gave me a river view room. I was on the 15th floor and had an unbelievable view of the Mississippi River and beyond. Watching the sun rise in the morning was spectacular. The room was clean and well appointed. The staff were all very courteous and they even allowed me to check out one hour later than allowed. My only complaint was that the people in the room next to me would leave their take-away food garbage outside their room each night and it would still be there in the morning, even after calling guest services and asking them to have it removed. It wouldn't have been a big deal, except the smell was pretty bad. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors with river views!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Gotozmoon,

Thank you for the very nice review. I have shared your comments with the team and everyone was most appreciative. Lots of fun planned here in New Orleans for later this year and in early 2013 so if you have an opportunity to come back to enjoy some well deserved R&R time with us, give us a call and our Reservations and Concierge teams will be happy to help you plan your next stay with us.

The best of the upcoming Holiday Season to you and to your family.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Hilton Riverside is conveniently located down the street from the convention center, across the street from the casino, and an easy walk to the debauchery of Bourbon Street. It provided a suitable place to crash, but for $259 + taxes per night (discounted rate) I think I was expecting quite a bit more. I was on a solo trip, and that was good, because my wife would not have wanted to stay here. My room seemed well-worn as though it had lived through more than its share of Mardi Gras revelry. My room was also near the elevators - try to avoid that because people stumble in rather conspicuously at all hours. I was on a non-smoking floor, but when I climbed into bed I found that I had to throw two of the pillows onto the floor because they had soaked up a very considerable smoke smell. I can't think of a single aspect of my stay at this hotel that I noticed as being special. Nothing horrendous, but nothing special. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators which can be noisy. You may request city view or Mississippi Rive...
1  Thank O-Zone_Traveler

O_Zone_Traveler,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton New Orleans Riverside as your New Orleans destination. It sounds as though you were here before our rooms renovation project was complete. I am happy to say we have completed our summer long project and we are very excited about the new rooms we are now offering our guests. We certainly enjoyed having you here and look forward to seeing you again soon.

The best of the upcomng Holidy Season to you and to your family.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Not sure about all the bad reviews in the past (this made me a little skeptical about booking this hotel), I enjoyed staying here at the Hilton Riverside.

My boyfriend had a medical conference here over the past weekend and this was close to the conference center and the French Quarter, so he could get there fast and I could shop to kill some time. We arrived rather early from NY and had to wait until 12:30 to get into our room but it was nice that they did expedite this and give us a room with a view of the river. We stayed on the 19th floor near the elevator... I would suggest asking for a room further down as we heard a lot of commotion in the hall ways at times.

Had to request extra towels and bath products as there were only a couple in the bathroom, within 15 minutes a nice gentleman came in with a bag full and a tower of towels for me, very nice help and fast response from the front desk.

I don't really like that the fan turned on with the light in the bathroom, there wasn't a separate switch and it was kind of loud, but I guess that is me being rather picky. Another thing was our room did not get cleaned on the first night, so we had to call around 7pm to let them know and to have someone come in and clean it while we were at dinner. Also, fast response from housekeeping and there was a woman there within an hour to come in and clean the room. The next day it was done by mid afternoon.

Concierge desk was very helpful with finding nice places to eat brunch, bell desk also very nice with holding our baggage while we waited for our room to be ready. Everyone that helped us was very pleasant to deal with.

Overall this is a very nice location if you are in New Orleans for a conference and want access to malls, French Quarter and the French Market. We went for a run along the river one day and it was gorgeous. The rooms were also fairly new looking to us although the elevators looked slightly worn, the one in the middle offers a glass view of New Orleans so it's fun to use that one if it opens, especially at night.

Room Tip: Away from elevators, higher floors, river view

Jenna F,

Glad to hear that your New Orleans vacation was a pleasurable one. I have shared your nice comments with the team and everyone was most appreciative. Hopefully next time you both can come back for some well deserved R&R time and enjoy all that New Orleans has to offer. Whether it is a night of Jazz music, a Creole Dinner or a slow boatride along the Mississippi our Concierge team will be happy to help you plan your next stay with us.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Walking distance to the french quarter, Bourbon Street and fabulous shopping. The Riverwalk Marketplace is right next door and another great place to visit. The hotel was very clean and everyone was very pleasant. The rooms were great, beds super comfy. Would definately go again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Debbie D,

Thank you for the very nice review. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to seeing you again next time your travels bring you back to New Orleans. Don't forget us when you begin making your New Year's Eve plans. New Orleans hosts a wonderful NYE Party and we would certainly enjoy ringing in 2013 with you here.