“Good experience mostly”

GreenLeadersGold level
Portland, Oregon
“Good experience mostly”
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were on business in a suite of rooms 2444 and 2445 for 5 nights. The rooms were nice and newly refurbished. Everything was clean but I had to wash the inside of the windows. (I am a little fussy.). Maid service comes really really late. One day after 5 pm. I called a couple of times to request the service and then a couple of times had to wait in the hall. One evening we had a few people in room 2445 which was our living room and it had an adjoining room. Our neighbors in the adjoining room called security on us at 9 pm. Just for talking in the room. We couldn't believe it. The hotel has every amenity one could imagine. There is even a little convenience store with reasonable prices. Be prepared for meeting rooms that are freezing. So much energy is wasted on air conditioning. The staff on the club level were really great and very hospitable. There was a smell of mildew around some of the areas. I am not sure why unless they got water in from hurricane Issac but it was really foul smelling in different areas. We did not eat in the restaurants but the meeting food was above average. Room 2444 has a nice city view and room 2445 (with a wall bed) has a river view if you sit on the sofa. You can easily hear people talking in the adjoining room and in the hallway. This hotel is located in the best area. It is cooler by the river and easy to get everywhere and do many things. It is easy to walk to Bourbon Street and even the French Market. The trolley is right outside the hotel door. The staff were helpful and friendly.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for the very nice review and we hope to see you all again soon. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping team and please accept our apologies for the windows and the cleaning service. We certainly agree that neither should have happenned. There are lots of fun events scheduled for later this year and in early 2013 so if you have some open Holiday plans we would certainly enjoy having you here with us.

Hilton New Orleans Riverside

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,315)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Woodland, California
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside for a conference in August. My colleague and I stayed in an Executive Level room. Our room was renovated and clean. Those floors receive complimentary breakfast and afternoon snacks. This was a perk. The location was a bit away from the French Quarter but was within walking distance. It has an ugly entrance but that didn't make or break the hotel! I was also disappointed with the restaurant options at the Hilton. Would have liked something more. The staff was very attentive and was able to send up some room service with breakfast items even after breakfast had passed.
It was perfect for business but I wouldn't stay there for a family trip or a romantic getaway.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for choosing us as your New Orleans destination. We enjoyed having you here and hope to see you again soon. Good to hear that you enjoyed our Executive Level accommodations. All of our Executive Level rooms will be renovated within the next 60 days so next time you visit you will have a new room to enjoy. May be in February you can find some well deserved R&R time and come back to enjoy Mardi Gras 2013 with us. This is a great time to be here and we know that you will enjoy all the majic Mardi Gras has to offer.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel is located within walking distance of the French quarter and fitness center was great. Make sure you get a river view with your room. Overall one of the better hotels I have stayed in lately.

• Stayed September 2012
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for a wonderful review. We enjoyed having you here and hope to see you again soon. Mardi Gras wil be held in February 2013 and what a fun time to be in New Orleans. If you can find some well deserved R&R time this winter, give us a call and we will be happy to help you plan your winter getaway.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Normally when I've stayed at Hilton brand hotels...I never have problems...not so, this time. I had booked a vacation package through Southwest Airlines and they weren't the problem...Hilton was.
My HIlton Hhonors number wasn't accepted, which I didn't so much want the points, I just thought it might get us a little better room or breakfast. Anyway, too many problems to make note of but the first night we had 3 different kinds of bugs in our room, an ant (no so much a problem), another hard shell bug, which again, I flushed down the stool but the topper was (and this was all within a 15 minute period!) was a 5 inch long cockroach (all were in the bathroom)! I called down to the desk...and I was not mean nor rude...the first time and just wanted them to make note of the bugs (before the cockroach) but after the roach I was a little emotional. The desk clerk called me back and asked if we could leave the room for 2 hours so they could spray...we'd been up since 3:30 am and it was 8:30 pm, plus I have asthma, so I told her no, we wouldn't leave the room for them to spray. She told me to come downstairs to the main building and they'd move us to a "deluxe" room. We packed up everything, went to the main building and were more or less thrown the new keys. Our "deluxe" room was a smaller room with the same furniture in it but it had a nice view.
The plus side of the hotel was that it was fairly easy to walk to places or get a cab if we wanted.
Would I return to this hotel? No...would I recommend it? No...sorry Hilton!

Room Tip: If you book through a package thing and are a Hilton Hhonors member...don't expect any of your u...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sue4605
Thank you for choosing the Hilton New Orleans Riverside as your New Orleans destination. We enjoyed having you here and we look forward to seeing you again whenever your travels bring you back to New Orleans. Our apologies for any miscommunication regarding your travel package and your HHonors status. As a stipulation of the Rewards Program some third party reservations disqualify members from recieving points and benefits during their stay. I suggest that you contact our HHonors Service Center at 1-800-HILTONS and one of the Service Agents will be happy to answer those questions for you. Here at our property we try to accommodate all of our HHonors guests with their requested room choice however as a convention hotel we are not always able to do so. I am happy to hear that our Front Desk team was able to find another room for you. Hopefully we will see you again soon. We are currently finishing up our guest rooms renovation project and we are very excited about the new rooms we will be offering our guests.

Round Top, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Well our stay started off very well. After being told there were no river view rooms available we asked again, very nicely, and the wonderful front desk gentleman put us right in the river view room we desired! I believe his name was Harakaran? (Sorry if I misspelled it). Perhaps my Hilton Honors standing helped. Contrary to other reviews we had no problem finding our way around, (although it IS a very large hotel). The room was clean, the beds were very very comfortable, our beds were made every day and the towels were replenshied as well as toiletries. We had a light breakfast downstairs which was great, and the wait staff was very polite. Everyone seemed to be smiling. William at the bar was great! Thanks for the string beans William! We were attending a convention and it is very close to the convention center, and if you don't want to walk you can take the street car that stops right at the hotel! I wished the French Quarter were a little bit closer but it really isn't that far. Be sure to take the street car out front to Cafe Du Monde for Beignets and latte..

Room Tip: Ask for river view in main tower, higher floors are best
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the great review. Your nice comments have been shared with Harkaran and William. Both team members are star players on our team and we are very happy to have them aboard. Hopefully you can find time in your busy scheduled to come back for some well deserved R&R time. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Granbury, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton while attending a convention in NOLA. The room was provided by my company or else I would not normally put out $160/night for a room. The room was very nice, clean, and included a great view of the river. A plus was the refrigerator in the room which was nice for storing drinks. By the way, you might want to bring drinks with you since the prices in the area are extremely high for everything. I reserved a king and received a double instead. I called the desk and noted the mistake. She said that because of renovations, their system was not accurately reflecting room accomodations and that I was actually getting a "deluxe" room. She was willing to move me to another room but I didn't want to risk giving up the great view. The hotel is very close to the French Quarter without being in the French Quarter. Less expensive food options are available in the mall located between the hotel and the river. I was in #1623 which is right outside the elevators. It was mostly quiet except for two nights when a group congregated outside the elevators to talk.The television was a bit less than I expected--not very many channels and they didn't all come in clear. There was a desk in the room which is always helpful when working on projects. Overall, I had a great stay!

Room Tip: River view is outstanding!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ixoye80550
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for the great review! We enjoyed having you here and hope to see you again soon. Don't forget us when you begin making your New Year's Eve plans. New Orleans hosts an awesome NYE party and we would certainly enjoy ringing in 2013 with you. Our Reservations and Concierge teams will be happy to help you make your NYE plans with us.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 23, 2012

A 4 Star review from me means the hotel is as slightly above expected; good rooms, good service etc for the price point. Stayed on the Executive Level for a week long conference. The staff were friendly and the rooms recently renovated. Should I be unfortunate enough to return to New Orleans (not a fan) I would stay at this property again. Oh one ting that was not great was the breakfast in the main restaurant.... the service was lacking and was the food quality.

Room Tip: I dont think it really matters as all rooms have dreary views of either a poluted river or the dread...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thank you for your very nice review. We hope to have you back again soon. Lots of fun events scheduled here in New Orleans later this year and in early 2013. Our apologies for the less than satisfactory service your recieved in our Le Croissant Restaurant. I have shared your comments with the team . We realize how important a breakfast meal can be to start the day off in a positive way and it is our goal to have each guest start their day with a smile. If we can be of assistance in helping you plan your next stay, give us a call and we will be happy to help you customize your next visit.