“Great Pre-Cruise Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
movedmainer
“Great Pre-Cruise Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Nice room overlooking the river..... but woke-up to the train at 5am...... Great location -- close to everything and very helpful staff

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank movedmainer
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our apologies about the train noise. I will certainly pass on your comments to the Public Belt Railroad. There is protocol in place during early hours and it sounds as though one of the train engineers became a little too agressive with the train whistle. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thanks for choosing us as your pre Cruise destination here in New Orleans.

Hilton New Orleans Riverside

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 7 days while vacationing in New Orleans. The hotel is located alongside the Mississippi River. Clean and comfortable room. Good service and cost effective. Parking space is a bit too much but it is the normal price for any parking in New Orleans.

The hotel is very close to Bourbon Street and French Quarter. It is also directly across from the Casino (literally across the street). It is a huge hotel with a lot of amenities, restaurants and shops available.

I recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your New Orleans vacation and your time here with us. We certainly enjoyed having you here and hope to see you again sometime in the near future. I realize that it is hard to beat New Year's Eve in Time Square however New Orleans can put on a mighty fine party too to ring in the New Year. So if your calendar is open for NYE give us a call and come back to ring in 2013 with us. We would enjoy having you here.

Stockton, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

My husband and I spent four nights at the Riverside Hilton in early April. We got an excellent price on Priceline. I had previously read about discourteous staff and loud trains. We experienced neither. On check-in, we requested a river view if one was available and were given a choice and a description of two different rooms. Ours was a larger room with King with a view of river traffic. The concierge was professional and pleasant. The hotel was clean and we had no noise complaints. We found that because we are AT&T customers, our wifi was free. We used no other services or restaurants. We did have to call housekeeping twice (burnt-out bulb and no towels). Their response was extremely timely. We had no issues with room comfort (temperature). Hotel is across from Harrah's, on the waterfront trolley line and a 5-6 block walk from both the French Quarter and the St Charles streetcar. Not a luxury hotel, but a real find for $90 per night. There were families and convention business there, but it was not a zoo.

Room Tip: Request river view if available
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank centralvalleygrl
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I will certainly share your wonderful comments and your review with the team. New Orleans is fun all year around and we hope that you can find time to come back and enjoy more of what the city has to offer. No matter what season of the year there is always something new and exciting to experience in the Big Easy. By summers end we will have completed our guest room renovation project in our main tower and we are excited about the new product that we will be offering our friends. Hope to see you again later this year.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a conference at the convention center in NOLA. The hotel was in a great location and within walking distance to numerous great restaurants. We walked to the French Quarter, Bourbon Street, and to the St. Charles Street car. The hotel has two pools which are beautiful. I was rather disappointed that the hotel was about 2 1/2 blocks from the convention center. Our room only got cleaned about every other day during our stay, and only when we called and asked for it to be cleaned. Nice hotel, but very expensive for minimal amenities.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steph879
Thank you for choosing us as your New Orleans destination. We certainly enjoyed having you here and look forward to seeing you again whenever your travels bring you back to New Orleans. Our apologies for the Housekeeping issues. I will certainly pass this information on to our Housekeeping team. Have a very enjoyable summer and when you are ready to return let us know and we will be happy to assist you in planning your next visit.

Brunswick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

This hotel is such a perfect spot to stay if you are traveling to New Orleans. It is the only hotel that is on the water, is walking distance to everything.......has a huge indoor mall below the hotel. I loved the fact that the casino is directly across the street and you can walk along the water to Jackson Square and see all of the sites without using a cab. It's a huge hotel, but so convenient. It has a pool/rooftop to relax in the warm/hot temps. I highly recommend this option. Pricing is competitive and cheaper than some other hotels. People think they need to stay in the in the historic hotels and that's fine.......this hotel rocks and you would not be disappointed if you chose to stay here. Watching the steam boats go up and down the river as a backdrop is really cool.

Room Tip: try to get a room that looks out onto the Mississippi River.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the very nice review and thank you for choosing our hotel as your New Orleans destination. We certainly enjoyed having you here and look forward to seeing you again whenever your travels bring you back to New Orleans. There are lots of fun events planned here in New Orleans this year and hopefully you can find time to come back and enjoy them with us. Our Reservations and Concierge teams will be happy to assit you in customizing your next stay.

Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Good hotel, nice size room, clean. A bit big, but thousands of people can fit easily! Gym is big, but charges a fee. The equipment is heavy duty more for men than for women. Nice to have separate jacuzzi in women's locker. Restaurants and food in hotel is expensive. Staff is pleasant.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the Hilton New Orleans Riverside as your New Orleans destination. We certainly enjoyed having you here and we look forward to seeing you again soon. I am not sure if you are one of our Hilton HHonors members however if you are not I encourage that you join our program. Health Club access to all of the Health Club's by Hilton Worldwide are complimentary to our HHonors Diamond, Gold and Silver members and you have an opportunity to earn points during each stay to use toward future hotel and resort stays. You can contact (800) 548-8690 to become a member.

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed at this Hilton in January of 2011 for an event held at the convention center. It's well-situated for an easy walk to both said convention center and the French Quarter. Unfortunately that's pretty much all that can be said positively of the Hilton Riverside. Upon checking in I asked for a quiet room ... and was assigned a room with adjoining rooms on either side. I'm no princess, but I ended up asking to move because of the noise. After being apologized to I was told someone would be up with a new room key for me. No one came so eventually I shlepped downstairs and got it myself and after packing up I moved to my new room with ... you guessed it ... an adjoining door, this time with someone snoring so loudly next door that it sounded like he was in bed with me. Cue my second move at 11pm, this time to a room with no adjoining door. Finally!

My third room at the Hilton did not seem like such a coup the following day when a room down the hall began hosting what I imagine was a bachelor or bachelorette party. I lack words to describe how loud these people were. We're talking shrieks, woos, chants of "shot, shot, shot," and the pièce de résistance: blasting the Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling" complete with a group sing-a-long. I realize that the hotel cannot be held responsible for people's rudeness, but my calls down to reception went largely unanswered and the party continued.

One final put-off: I was having some convention materials shipped to me and I called the hotel ahead of time to ask about details. Imagine my surprise when I showed up at the business center to collect my package and was told I'd have to pony up a service charge based on weight. I later had management waive the charge, but it was just another example of poor service.

I guess you get what you pay for -- I scored a $50 a night rate on a third-party booking site, and certainly received $50 worth or service.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank karolinatx
I'm sorry that we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise experienced in each of your rooms and shipping services. Your comments will help correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time your are in New Orleans.