A lot of New Orleans tourists book at the French Quarter, because it is the-most happening place in town. When we visited last December 2010, we looked at reviews and pictures of several of these French Quarter hotels, and had the impression that the only thing going for these tired (and sometimes seedy looking) hotels was location.
We decided to book at the Hilton Riverside, and it was the best decision we ever made.
First: location. If you want the French Quarter, then it is so easily accessible from the Hilton. One of the streetcar lines is right at the hotel entrance, and the streetcar line leading to the French Quarter (about 5 minutes away) is a 3-minute walk from the hotel.
Second: THE VIEW. The Riverside is AT the riverside, so you have gorgeous views of the Mississippi River. I would suggest booking a room with this view; it is worth every penny.
When we booked online, we were given a choice of upgrades at a hugely discounted rate, the deal being that if your upgrade was available upon check-in, you could avail of it.
We chose an upgrade to a room on the executive floor, which gave us access to the executive lounge. A great choice, considering the wide selection of food and drinks at the lounge throughout the day, but particularly for the early evening hours. And in the morning, having breakfast with the panoramic view of the Mississippi that the lounge provides? An unparalleled experience.
For rates equal to or even less than that of French Quarter hotels, you get the superior quality and standard – and modern rooms and amenities – of a top notch Hilton hotel. You even get Lavazza coffee as the room complimentary coffee -- perfectly brewed by the cup. I will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visiting the Hilton New Orleans Hotel Riverside will not only bring back fond memories, but can open up new areas to explore in New Orleans, Louisiana. Enjoy the 90,000 sq. ft. Health Club by Hilton featuring tennis, racquetball, full weight training circuit, the Precor® cardio theater and more. Stimulate your palate within Drago's Seafood Restaurant, a New Orleans dining institution. Upgrade your accommodations to our exclusive Executive Level. Try your hand at Harrah's Casino or take in a round of golf at TPC Louisiana. New Orleans is still one of the world's most unique destinations and is at your doorstep when staying at the Hilton Riverside Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton New Orleans Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton Riverside Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton Riverside New Orleans