First appearance good. Close to convention center and the CBD in New Orleans.
After another business partner drove into town and parked in the "monitored and secure parking lot" with paying for it through the hotel... Car was broken into. Nothing more than a broken window and some coins from the interior. But still had to get a new window.
72 hours later, while having a company vehicle... Stolen from the parking lot. Flat out stolen, stripped, and dumped. While the lot was monitored the attendant was not in the location of the lot and conveniently not answering. Parking lot attendant company was available but never called me personally. Just the hotel.
Right now, still dealing with the fallout from insurance and the rest. But I feel that this was in the hands of the attendant on duty that night.
Assistant GM was available, but only for the day after the incident. After that, having asked for the individual, have not seen them again, nor heard from them. Also to find out there is no GM at the property currently. Still trying to hire I guess.
After many stays in New Orleans, this is the first time that anything has happened for myself to write a review. Staying in many places here for extended periods I now know which I shall choose.
For a Marriott, they did not recognize my status until the 2nd time I had to give them my account number. Staff was helpful when needed, but was lacking otherwise.
Room was o.k. It was what it was. A place to sleep.
However if I stay at another Marriott I will be searching for secure parking and on-site security.
Food for breakfast and "dinner" was o.k. Seemed to be quick and fast. Not standard from other Residence Inn's I have stayed at. Also it was apparent that they were there to do what it was they were to do. And nothing else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel right at home in the popular Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown, perfect for leisure getaways or business excursions. Our extended-stay hotel in the warehouse and arts districts is exactly where you want to stay in New Orleans, offering easy access to a variety of attractions including the World War II Museum, Outlet Collection at Riverwalk, Smoothie King Center, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Port of New Orleans and Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Touro Infirmary and Children's Hospital of New Orleans also are close. After a busy day, retreat to our pet-friendly suites and cook up your favorite meal in a fully equipped kitchen, then enjoy high-tech amenities including free high-speed Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. We also offer a complimentary breakfast buffet, 24-hour fitness center, outdoor pool and Sport Court for a game of volleyball, tennis or basketball. Play hard and work hard in NOLA during your stay at Residence Inn New Orleans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Residence Inn