I attended a convention at the New Orleans Convention Center, and this hotel was convenient, attractively priced, and comfortable. It was a short walk to the meeting, and I did not feel unsafe on the streets. There are a number of other hotels and restaurants in the area, and there is much more activity in the Warehouse district than there was in previous years.
Amenities are good, at this hotel. The pool was not busy and it was clean. The hot tub (spa) was hot and clean, as well. The laundry room was convenient and open 24 hours, and it was well cared for. There are computers in the lobby (which I did not use), and the free wireless connections for my laptop worked well. Breakfast included eggs and meat, porridge, waffles, yoghurt, fruit, and juice, and it was well managed. The room I had was a suite, and there was a sitting area and a disk to work at. The air conditioning was effective. The bed was comfortable, and the bed linen was clean.
I missed booking the last day of my stay, and when I added the day 3 weeks prior to arrival, was asked to pay an excessive amount to add on one day at the end. The attitude left me with a bad feeling, reminiscent of the old days in New Orleans, when the conventions motivated greed on the part of hotels and vendors. If you want a good rate -- book well in advance, and cover all of your bases.
On my first day, I was bitten on one arm. On day two and day 3, I had a few more bites, and I let the front desk know that I thought there were bedbugs in my room. I was told they would check the room (bedbugs are extremely difficult to find), but received no feedback, either while I was there, or from the survey information I filled out. After I left, I had no more bites, but itching for about a week. It is not an enormous problem, as bedbugs, I was informed, do not transmit human disease. The lack of attention to detail by the management in responding to my concern was disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel right at home in the popular Residence Inn by Marriott New Orleans Downtown, perfect for leisure getaways or business excursions. Our extended-stay hotel in the warehouse and arts districts is exactly where you want to stay in New Orleans, Louisiana, offering easy access to a variety of attractions including the World War II Museum, Outlet Collection at Riverwalk, Smoothie King Center, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Port of New Orleans and Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Touro Infirmary and Children's Hospital of New Orleans also are close. After a busy day, retreat to our pet-friendly suites and cook up your favorite meal in a fully equipped kitchen, then enjoy high-tech amenities including free high-speed Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. We also offer a complimentary breakfast buffet, 24-hour fitness center, outdoor pool and Sport Court for a game of volleyball, tennis or basketball. Play hard and work hard in NOLA during your stay at Residence Inn by Marriott New Orleans Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelPower, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Residence Inn