“Parking nightmare”

Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown
Ranked #39 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
“Parking nightmare”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Summer is the season of street construction and New Orleans is no exception! But when a map is given to go around the street construction in order to get to the hotels preferred parking???? Well mix ups and wrong parking lots can and DID happen! I mistakenly parked in the parking lot NEXT to the Residence Inn lot,; had ALL of the window and paper sticker! I received two boots on my car tires. Had to pay $115 to remove boots!! $115! When NOLA make sure you're parking in the right lot designated for the hotel, museum, shopping, club, etc.....

Room Tip: Studio suites have NO hooks to hang towels or clothes. The closet needs a small light, too.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank mommyRae

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Arlington, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Really enjoyed the stay here, 1st time here. All the young ladies @ the front desk (both shifts)were Awesome, very friendly and informative. THE Breakfast was A1.
I wasn't to cool about the parking which was $22.00 per night but was not connected to hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Burlingame, California, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was here for business in July, and needed something close to various appointments downtown and in the warehouse district. This is a standard-issue Residence Inn, but sometimes, that's all a traveler needs. The breakfast buffet was orderly and ready on time. The pool was big enough for anyone who actually wants to swim laps. The exercise room had working elliptical and bicycling machines and was open to room keys whenever you needed it. The air-conditioning was quiet and competent.

The staff was friendly and good with directions.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had booked a handicap room, due to my husband being quite sick. I called a day before for early check in, no problem. Arrived at 215 and it took them till after 3 to get a handicap room. Went up and it did not have the Roman shower requested and confirmed by Marriott handicapped Manager. I stopped by the desk and informed the staff of my dissatisfaction and surprise at the Marriott errors. I had been a Platinum member for years. I was advised they would find a room for us. They did find one and helped us over. However the walk did my in from using his walker. I asked to. Or row a wheel chair, which they did not have. They called another hotel and got us one.
We went to Emerils for our dinner reservation via taxi and the dinner was wonderful. We were surprised by an appetizer ordered and paid for By the residence inn. That was not required. It appreciated. When we returned to the hotel we got the wheel chair out forms husband and it broke. Thank God he was not in it.

We walked to our room, quite a distance, using the suitcase cart. The hotel bought another wheel chair for our departure the next morning. They returned our points for our stay.
I believe management and the staff worked hArd to make up for their initial mistakes and that is
Better. The Marriott does not usually make that type of run of mistakes. I appreciated their strong effort to turn around our problems that occurred when we arrived. I would recommend the hotel for a stay due to the Manager's and Staff desire to make it right.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank VTretiree
Plano, Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights on our way back from Florida. It is close to the WWII museum in the warehouse district. We found great restaurants close. It is a bit of a walk to the French Quarter, but we took the trolley and there are street cars also. Good breakfast. The staff was helpful and friendly. Your car is parked in a lot that is lit but not attended. The room was clean and well kept.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DonahueA
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I had a free night so my family stayed here. I would stay closer to Canal Street next time. Parking is a bit scary and I didn't feel like our car was safe nor did I feel safe walking with my family to the car. Staff was nice, but I wouldn't recommend. Not up to par with other Residence Inns I have stayed at.

• Stayed June 2014
Spencer H, Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Greetings from New Orleans KGR1980!

Thank you very much for taking the time to reference your stay while with us in New Orleans. I am glad to hear that the staff treated you well. However, we have heard you with regards to your comments regarding the parking. We use a third party vendor for our parking and have addressed these concerns with them. Our goal is to improve the total guest experience and safety is a number one priority. Should you decide to join us again in New Orleans please don't hesitate to reach out to any member of the leadership team to ensure an excellent visit to the Crescent City!

With gratitude,

Vanessa Jackson
Assistant General Manager
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stay at a lot of Marriott hotels but the Residence Inn just was an okay place to stay. The second day that we were there they did not make up our room. We called down to the reception area and we were told that someone would come up but they never came. I then called and asked for them to send up clean towels but they never came. I was a little disappointed but maybe it was just an "off day" for their staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank johnsononthego
Spencer H, Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We do apologize that your stay with us was not flawless and understand how this inconsistency would impact your stay. We use this valuable feedback in order to better serve our guests. Thank you again for staying with us and we wish you a wonderful day!