“Great location for convention center”

Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown
Ranked #39 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We came to New Orleans Comic Con and it was a perfect location to be in between the convention center and french quarter. Their breakfast was very good and the front desk staff was awesome at checkin and checkout. The only reason that I'm not giving a 5 star rating is the price but many hotels in the area and priced higher than you would expect.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Want to start out by thanking Hannah for her enthusiasm always and helpfulness, very pleasant and fun personality, Rhonda for her upbeat attitude and helpfulness, I stayed over allstar week-end and experienced a couple bumps but nothing major, came down with some friends and I had a Great time..Thank you....forgot to mention the young man who worked at breakfast time with Rhonda very helpful

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank chataun k
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Happily surprised by this place. I stayed here for 47 days and was very concerned about noise. I asked for a top level room in the courtyard but got a 2nd floor room by the pool (court side) room 286. Very good noise insulation in rooms. Great staff.

Room Tip: Court side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Martyp2013
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed for the weekend and this hotel was a good choice. It had the breakfast bar in the morning which was nice as well .... Our room was a 1 bedroom with the fridge stove microwave..... And very clean .... We were able to walk to many places. And I did notice that a lot of people stayed there before they we going on their cruises....which was only a few blocks away I would recommend this hotel ! We did drive and parked our car but we knew what the charge was going to be before we got there

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 0417
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I checked into the Residence Inn for a romantic weekend in New Orleans. When we got there, we found out that they charge $24.50 for parking, which is fine, but the parking lot was full so we had to park 3 blocks away in an unlit lot, which they refused to give us directions to. I'm assuming that we parked in the right lot...it was so darn dark that we had no idea if we parked in the correct lot. When we got there, the lot had a clearly marked sign that said $10 public lot. Had I known that, I would have just paid the $10 and hoped for the best. As it was, I was charged a $30 parking deposit (on top of the $90 deposit they charged us for incidentals). When I asked the manager, she said that they would not take the charges off because I used their parking. Now, I'm from Dallas, and I understand $20+ for parking. But, at least those hotels valet your car!! My advice, stay away. All you will find at this hotel is rude people and excessive charges for very little security.

• Stayed: January 2014
5  Thank CWoodard
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I am a frequent traveler and choose to stay at Residence Inn because of the free breakfast, customer service level, clean rooms, clean bathrooms etc. This Residence Inn could not fix my co worker's tv so they brought her another one that STILL did not work. I experienced a messed up toliet the last 2 days of my stay. We both reported this to the front desk, but the people that came to fix our issues didn't FIX anything! Long story short...I will stay at another hotel while visiting New Orleans.

Room Tip: Make sure your toilet and tv work in your room BEFORE unpacking!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank LaTonya V
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here for 4 days in January. It was the weekend of the Sugar Bowl so it was quite busy. We had a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom unit. It was clean, quiet and so very convenient to the French Quarter, Emerils, WWII Museum and Magazine Street. The only down side to this unit was that the shower in the bathroom had absolutely no water pressure when using warm water. So very difficult to take a shower!

People here was so pleasant!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends