This hotel was much nicer than I expected. The staff was helpful and courteous, and the layout and décor were very "New Orleans", compared to traditional Residence Inns. The interiors of the rooms were interesting, with different levels for living and bedroom areas.
I'm glad, though, that I used Marriott points instead of paying for the room - I thought it was a bit expensive, but I'm not familiar with the overall cost profile of New Orleans.
It's definitely a bit way from the Bourbon Street scene, but, in nice weather, it's a pleasant walk along the river, and a cab is easy and inexpensive way to get back (under $10).
If you can, request a 2nd floor room - we had a room on the 1st floor on the outside of the building, which is right on the street, and without the blackout curtains closed, anyone walking or parking can see right into the living room. A little freaky... The windows are barred so were secure enough, but it's still kind of an odd feeling if you're not used to that inner city feel.
Overall recommended, but not sure about value for price if paying the $$.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel right at home in the popular Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown, perfect for leisure getaways or business excursions. Our extended-stay hotel in the warehouse and arts districts is exactly where you want to stay in New Orleans, offering easy access to a variety of attractions including the World War II Museum, Outlet Collection at Riverwalk, Smoothie King Center, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Port of New Orleans and Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Touro Infirmary and Children's Hospital of New Orleans also are close. After a busy day, retreat to our pet-friendly suites and cook up your favorite meal in a fully equipped kitchen, then enjoy high-tech amenities including free high-speed Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. We also offer a complimentary breakfast buffet, 24-hour fitness center, outdoor pool and Sport Court for a game of volleyball, tennis or basketball. Play hard and work hard in NOLA during your stay at Residence Inn New Orleans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Residence Inn