Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown
$179
$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$238
$209
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$111
$99
  • Breakfast included
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
$303
$259
$138
$102
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$109
$104
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$179
1,172 results
All reviewswarehouse districtconvention centerbasketball courtfront deskwwii museumbedroom suitefull kitchenfrench quarterthe breakfast areacochonbreakfast servicemorning breakfastfree breakfastoutlet mallliving areafew blocksyogurt
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our family, including two older teenage boys (17,19), stayed in two rooms at the Residence Inn for three nights. We actually chose the hotel for the complimentary breakfast and free internet, and it sounded decent if not exceptional. Glad to report: Comfortable beds, clean, and very friendly staff. My family enjoyed the full breakfast (I can't eat anything containing gluten so was more limited, but managed fine) and took advantage of a generous afternoon snack on one of the days of our stay.

The staff was very helpful. I'd actually called the week before our trip to inquire about my dietary needs and about an excursion, and (I think it was) Rebeccah who actually called me back a could of days later with answers and a booking # to hold the excursion--very impressed! Better hotels could learn about service from this plainer one.

If it were just my husband and I, I might choose to stay at a fancier hotel, but for a family this was a good choice. The pool looked appealing, the boys took a dip on one of the crazy hot days and liked it. The walk to Canal Street/Bourbon St takes about :10-:15 minutes, and it's not a particularly nice walk, but we felt comfortable going back and forth, even late at night. The location was also very convenient to the cruise ship terminal.

Extra: The City-Cemetery excursion was decent and the Swamp Tour was a treat, a good choice for the guys. Seeing the impact of Katrina and how the city is rebuilding itself is fascinating. I think we all fell in love with New Orleans, with the music and the people.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Bctraveller-R
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed here june '11 and the room are huge it has a full kitchen. The free breakfast is a must they have everything breakfast can offer. If u are in NOLA Please stay here

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank nesby
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Took a trip to New Orleans with friends to just hang out and have a great time. The Residence Inn New Orleans was a great place to stay. We were able to do a lot at the hotel with the great outdoor experience. They had a great pool, sport court were we played basketball and a grill area where we were able to grill our on food which helped us save some money. The entire staff at the Residence Inn were very friendly and helpful. One of the most memerable things from the stay was that the General Manager sat with us in the courtyard one evening telling us all about New Orleans (The history, fun things to do and also hurricane Katrina). We were very impressed that the Manager would take the time to sit down with the customers and just talk. I will stay there anytime I am in New Orleans

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gary R
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The mental scars from our stay in this hellhole are still quite fresh. Here's the short version: we would have rather spent the night in a truck-stop bathroom, with our heads resting in a urinal.

Here's the long version: The first room we were assigned was filled with rodent droppings; there were bodily fluids caked on the upholstered furniture; and signs of bedbugs. We left the room immediately. A woman at the front desk was helpful and gave us a new room. This room looked similar to an alley-way after Mardi Gras. It had obviously not been cleaned after the last few guests and had obviously not been repaired or maintained for years. There was:
* Vomit on wall
* Blood on the bed sheets
* A dirty towel hanging up
* Semen crusted on the chair
* Clumps of hair in bathroom
* Mold in shower
* A dead mouse outside the door (in later stages of decomposition)

Realizing that we could not stay here, we began calling other hotels and trying to find a place downtown that had vacancies for the weekend and accepted large dogs. To our horror, everything was booked; exhausted and in the midst of a cross-country move, we were forced to stay in this hellhole. Afraid of rodents, roaches, and disease, we wiped down the two wooden chairs and rested in them with the lights on; when morning arrived, we left immediately.

The only good thing I can say is that the hotel promptly refunded our money when I emailed the corporate offices and hotel manager with an account of our stay and photos to prove it!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank CareyKat
Reviewed August 9, 2011

It's an entirely adequate hotel in a good location. The room was clean, and it was relatively quiet.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends