St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
$179
$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Breakfast included
$189
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$111
$259
$190
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
$138
$102
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$197
1,282 results
All reviewsfront deskchop housefrench quarterevery morningruby slipperwwii museumvalet parkingsmall hotelboutique hotelfew blockswater pressurelocation is greatking bedhigh ceilingsmardi grasconvention centerariel
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Never having explored New Orleans, I chose this hotel hoping it was fairly close to most attractions and it was. (The farthest attraction that we visited was the Audobon Zoo and it was 6 miles away.) Everything was very close so I was pleased. We paid extra and booked a 2 queen bed suite with patio, and although a suite, it was quite small compared to modern day accommodations. It was 1 room with 2 beds , separate bath, and a closet! I did not understand how this was considered a suite as there was not a sitting area, nor a separate room or furnishings dividing anything in any way. We arrived very late Aug. 30th and our "patio" doors opened directly to the pool.......which had a sign "POOL CLOSED", drained of water, and all lounge chairs surrounding the pool stacked up, so the extra money we paid for this room was not well spent with a very disappointing "view". Valet parking is an additional $30.00 per night and self-parking is not an option unless you can find a public parking deck nearby and walk to the hotel. It is a Choice Hotels property so I was a bit disappointed about our view AND patio being an empty pool and stacked chairs and the "suite" description being a bit misleading. Having said all of that, the Hotel is very nice, clean, and the staff super friendly. Croissants, juice and coffee are delivered to your room each morning and this is complimentary, so that is quite a plus. The cost was comparable to other hotels in the area so I would choose a different hotel next time since I feel I did not receive what I paid for at all.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank L B
Reviewed September 3, 2013

What a fantastic place to stay in New Orleans!!

I am actually a GM with a major branded property in the North Texas Metroplex. So, I purposely chose an individually owned hotel, with the hopes of a new experience. Well, let me tell everyone.......Hands Down, the best hotel experience EVER!!!!

Before we even arrived, I called ahead and spoke with Tori, letting him know that we were coming to celebrate my husband's 50th Birthday. Tori was so helpful, gathering all kinds of information from me, to put together ideas for us, upon arrival. He even put me in contact with Tony, an amazing and very knowledgeable local shuttle driver, to make arrangements for us to be picked up at the airport!

Talk about team work......Upon arrival, we met Danielle. She was absolutely amazing!! Danielle had suggestions for great places to eat, shop, and inside information on some of the history of the area. Then we met Amy....a complete delight!! She even had coupons for local restaurants and more insight into the city and great things to do! The night auditor was also a doll....Tamera!! Bless her heart...she even put up with some of our friend's wild story telling in the middle of the night!! We even met James from Maintenance...another great employee!
I am telling y'all...it is like one big happy family. Truly amazing. I felt like I had know these people my whole life!

And, the hotel.......it was equally amazing! Our room was on the 1st floor and it was fantastic, even with our own courtyard. Our friends had a room on the 3rd floor, and it was wonderful too. The property is very well maintained and the housekeeping department keeps everything nice and clean. The hotel is also in a perfect location. It is just a couple of blocks from everything....and, that makes it very nice when you want to call it a night!

So, Cudos to your GM and Ownership!!!! And, many thanks to the entire staff for making our trip to New Orleans....one of just many to come!!!

I could never imagine staying, or even recommending any place else to stay, in New Orleans!!!!

With Great Admiration,

817-426-0396

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CaraBurleson
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Absolute jewel located steps away from everyting! Genuinely friendly staff that went beyond their call of duty to make our stay wonderful. Amy and James made us feel completely at home. We will definitely visit again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This boutique hotel is an awesome place to stay. The hotel and rooms were very clean, and the staff were extremely friendly! The location is very convenient to the quarter! It was very quiet, which is not always the case in NOLA! Would definitely stay their again!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kaki1964
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We found this hotel through the app Hotel Tonight. We were already in New Orleans and booked this room through the app the same day. We didn't know what to expect, considering that the price seemed so low. We were pleasantly surprised. Amy was very nice with check in. The rooms were clean and the bed/pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom is your regular bathroom. The tub and toilet could have really used a better cleaning, but I'm not letting that deter my review onto a negative side. The room was quiet. The free croissants and orange juice were a nice touch, they brought it up to the room. Checkout was quick and so was the valet. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2013