“Gem of a hotel.”

St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #44 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Came to NOLA to celebrate my 30th birthday - and stayed at the St. James. Price was exceptional, rooms nicely appointed (enjoyed the iPhone alarm clock) and the staff was extremely knowledgeable and nice. They provided great recommendations on things to do, where to eat, etc. location was great...out of the quarter and way from the noise, but close enough to walk to everything or catch the streetcar. Only "downside" our room on the third floor was TINY - but we were prepared for that, knowing the property to be historic. I understand there are larger rooms available.

We enjoyed!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer D, General Manager at St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

We are thrilled you found our hotel to be a "Gem"! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Warm Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,118)

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed at this hotel for a recent music festival (Essence). The location and customer service was great. Danielle, Amy, and several other employees worked hard to keep us satisfied. However, the rooms and overall condition of the hotel leaves too much to be desired. We will not be returning. But if location and smiling, friendly faces is your only requirement, this might be the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank j_small12

Thank you for taking the time to write a review our your recent stay!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Just wanted to let you know that I love the hotel we stayed at. Love the old architecture and décor The location was perfect, right in the middle of downtown, within walking distance to everything. The service was exceptional. Staff very friendly, helpful and in formable of the area and place to visit, eat etc. I Love Amy, Danielle, David etc. Everybody Made us feel at home and part of the family. You guys rock and I miss you. Made some friends for life. I hope I can visit again soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MarthaJH

We miss you too!! I am delighted you had such a pleasurable experience! I'll will be sure to pass on your sentiments to my entire staff. It is always wonderful to receive positive feedback!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a girls weekend this past weekend and we were helped by a professional and friendly staff. Tori and Ryan both helped us when we had some inital hiccups. They initially put us in a wrong room and when we went back to tell them it would not work, it was quickly fixed. The rooms were comfortable, but at 1am we undid the sofa bed only to find a dirty sheet and crumbs. Apparently the sofabed was not cleaned. I went out to the front desk and was given clean sheets to put on the bed. We just decided to fold the sofabed up and put the sheets directly on the sofa cushions. Our door handle the bathroom kept falling off. We mentioned it to the staff one morning and still was not fixed when we came back at almost 3pm. I finally brought them the handle and it was put on right away after that. Like I said, there were a few hiccups, but I would recommend this hotel and I would stay there again. The location was perfect and was within walking distance to most anything you needed. And there was 24/7 in out privileges with the valet. The rooms seemed to be remodeled with new bedding and furniture. Perhaps next time, there will be breakfast - since that is what we read on the sign "coming soon"-- I only wished it was last weekend soon! The pool (if you want to call it that) was small - reminded me of a kiddie pool but about four feet. We decided not to use it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I appreciate the feedback and will consult my department heads about the issues you encountered. It's great to hear the staff was friendly and we look forward to future visits!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Tori was the guy at the front desk that helped us the most! He was super friendly and was helpful enough to ask what we are interested in and if we had any plans so he could make some suggestions of things for us to do while we were there! The hotel was a lot nicer on the inside then the outside, so don't be afraid when you first pull up because I was a little. Not that it's terribly run down just didn't look quite as nice as the photos. The vallet was nice, you have to give them about 20 minutes to get your car back to the hotel so just call ahead, they did tell us this at check in! We walked everywhere from the hotel and overall had an amazing trip! I would stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tamra l
Sarah H, Director of Sales at St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thanks for taking your time to leave such a nice response. Tori is our rock star at the front desk and I am happy to see he was friendly and helpful for you. I will absolutely share this review with him and the entire staff.

Thanks again!!!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Booked 6 rooms here for a convention. The hotel was charming, great location between french quarter and convention center. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Beds very comfy, rooms have lots of character with tall ceilings and traditional furnishings. Great property for the price. I booked my boss in a room with a balcony, it has exposed brick and beams in the room that were lovely.

Room Tip: No feather pillows on property.. bring your own if you want.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

I am happy you choose us while booking your stay for the convention you attended. Thanks for letting us know about the feather pillows, I will get with the management team and see if this is something we can change.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and hope to service you again soon!!!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I just got back from Pride in New Orleans. The service was amazing. Best price and location. Tori checked me in and checked me out. He was patient with our questions and was very helpful. Valet service was awesome too.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Gimpy1919

Wow thanks for the great review!!! I am so pleased you had a great time while staying with us. I will share your review with Tori and the entire staff at the St James Hotel!!!

Thanks again,