“A Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #147 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“A Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This past weekend I went to visit some relatives in New Orleans. This was a spare of the moment trip and I didn't have a whole lot of money to spend on lodging. I decided to stay at the Days Inn in New Orleans because the rate was very appealing to me. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the rooms were. The rooms were extremely clean and seemed to have been newly renovated. The staff was very accomadating and was always very pleasant. I really had a wonderful stay and plan on staying there whenever I'm in New Orleans.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 24, 2012

When we arrived they gave us a room without air. Then they moved us, I wanted to leave but we would lose our money. The room was infested with roaches. I left my luggage in the car because I was afraid that roaches would get in my luggage and be brought back to Georgia. Oh My God...It also had ants...really every kind of BUGS imagineable...One good thing was we mostly showered there...the rest of our stay we were at the Essence Festival...DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yvonne F

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

IOWA CITY
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This was a brief one-evening stay. The room was clean enough, but could have been a little cleaner. My wife doesn't agree, but I feel there was a strange odor coming from the air unit or the curtains as the air blew against them. The price was very inexpensive and the room worked for us overall for one evening.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 14, 2012

When I got in the room the first thing I noticed was the horrible smell and the dirty environment. There were ants crawling around in the room, there was spider webs in the corner of three of the walls with several spiders inside each web. There was a spider web on the mirror, with a child’s handprint on the mirror. When I looked in the bathroom the tub and toilet were both dirty with hair on the floor and ants crawling around. The cup tray was dirty and had ants on it, the floor hadn’t been vacuumed, there was dirt and dust piled in every corner. There was a spider crawling on the bed and around the floor. I feel that room was never cleaned properly and I was being exposed to all the previous guest experience (hence the fingerprints that were still on the mirror and hair on the floor in the bathroom). I called the front desk to ask for a different room and was told maintenance would be down. After about fifteen minutes maintenance came and I told him about my complaints and that I wanted a different room and he told me he would talk to the front desk. It took about a half hour then I was moved to room 224. Upon entering 224 it was a little cleaner and didn’t smell but it still had spiders in it. I called around to different hotels to see if there were any openings but since this was the Essence Festival everything was booked up. Since my trip was already paid for and non-refundable and due to the eleven hour trip back home I was forced to stay in this room. In order to feel a little comfortable I had to go to the nearest Walgreens and purchase Raid spider killer for $9.99 so I could be in the room. I am scared of spiders and the possibility of having an allergic reaction from being bit by one was so overwhelming that I was unable to sleep during my trip.

My first problem with this facility is the thirty day cancellation policy. The day I reserved the hotel was less than thirty days from my trip so once it was booked I could not cancel it. I didn’t see that anywhere on the agreement until after I paid for the reservation and when I called the hotel to inquire about this I was told there was nothing I could do and if I cancel the reservation I would be charged for one night stay anyway at the rate of $120.99. I do understand that when a town has special events the rates for the rooms go up. I must say though if your company decided to almost double the rate from $69.99 to $120.99 then they should have also doubled up on the cleaning so the room could at least have been half way acceptable. The way these rooms look I felt like I was sleeping in a trap house were I would pay for the room by the hour just to have sex, this was an unacceptable place to spend a weekend vacation. I also have a problem with the fact that they sent maintenance down to check the room after I complained, do you not have someone check the room prior to guest arriving and checking in? Also why was maintenance the person to send, I feel a manager should have came down to see what the problem was and after we were moved to a different room no one every checked to see if everything was ok in that room.

When I did talk to the assistant manager Saturday morning about my problems, she informed me that she would talk to manager and have the situation cleared before the end of the day and evidently that was not done. On the next day when I went to check out she told me she could only credit me 15% of my bill anything else would have to come from the manager and since it was 10:30 on a Sunday morning then he would be hard to get in touch with. First of all 15% came up to $34.90, which the tax on my bill came up to $28.56, and I am still out of the $10.75 I spent for the Raid, so what was taken off for the room, it appears nothing to me. There is no way this room was worth the price that you charge and also the service was not acceptable, which brings me to another problem I have. Sunday morning when I went down to get coffee it was empty. I went to the girl that was cleaning the area and informed her that the coffee was empty and could some more be made. The worker sat the trash bag down on the floor, immediately went over to the coffee pot and opened it up, put the pot down, went over to the cabinet and pulled out the coffee filter and bag of coffee. At that point I told her she didn’t have to make it anymore because I didn’t want it. I then had to go to McDonalds to get me a cup of coffee because at least there I can see them washing their hands before they make the coffee, I don’t feel I should have to ask your employee to do that.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
jacksonville
Reviewed April 30, 2012

this hotel has bed bugs,i always chech under the sheets before i accept a room,they refused to realease me from my reservation! but I saw what I saw ! stay away! very old and run down rooms,stall un caring and rude!

Room Tip: you pay for what you get! but at $118.thought it woukd be better
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DavidinJax_63
new orleans
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Was a little skeptical when I saw the property but once I went in I was pleasantly surprised. The frontdesk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Overall, my experience with the Days Inn could not have been better, especially for the price

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2011

please run from this place!! the carpet of the room it was very very dirty and stunk. when I removed the blanket of the bed there was a spider, yeah on the bed! and the sheet had dust from the air conditioner. If you want to rest definitly this is not the place.

• Stayed December 2011