From the moment we walked in the door our experience at the Baymont Inn and Suites New Orleans was AWFUL! The cleanliness of the entire hotel was beyond disgusting and the service was horrible.
Repulsive hotel conditions:
- Floors not vacuumed in hallways or rooms
- Crumbs and dirt under desk in "business center"
- Trash in breakfast room overflowing
- Cigarette butts all over floor INSIDE of doorway to pool area (in the NON-SMOKING hotel)
- Litter on elevator floor (and stuck to the walls) for the duration of the entire weekend
- Musty/moldy smell in hallways and rooms (at least the three we had...I will explain that later)
- Strong smell of smoke in hallways (in the NON-SMOKING hotel)
- Stained carpet throughout hotel
- Peeling wallpaper in rooms
- Floors in rooms not cleaned (There was hair all over our bathroom floor!)
- Toilet missing top of tank
- Visible line of dust around perimeter of room at base of walls
- Unidentifiable black spots on room walls
- Gum like substance in several spots on room carpet
The first room that was given to us was not even turned over from the previous guests that stayed in it. We were given a second room in which one of the bed's foot ends was broken making the bed sit at a pretty steep angle. We lifted the other bed's mattress and it looked like a dead person may have seeped right through it. The stains were unbelievably gross! The door jam on the second room was broken and almost all the way off the wall. Our third room was slightly cleaner, but by no means acceptable. As I mentioned before, there was hair all over our bathroom floor upon arrival. Our shower head did not work, not did the tub drain properly. The floors looked as if they hadn't been vacuumed in days and there was a gummy black substance all over the carpet. The wallpaper in the bathroom and the rest of the room was peeling. There were black spots in some places on the wall. There were candy wrappers in the closet. The beds were made with the blankets down first and the sheets on top. Although there was a coffee maker with coffee, there were no cups! Our curtains were unable to be closed; they were just tacked up onto the wall rather than on the runner tracks. During our two night stay our room was NEVER cleaned. Housekeeping came in and made the bed (with the sheet on top again), but our garbage was not emptied and clean towels were not left. And we STILL did NOT get cups! The room next to us must have had a broken pipe or some other water issue. The first night we were there they were sucking water up with a shop vac, at 10:00PM! There was very low water pressure in our room (and our friends' room across the hall). The second night we were there they had an industrial fan running all night from the hallway blowing into that room.
Untrained and unprofessional staff:
- Some employees wore uniforms that had cut off legs and sleeves
- Desk employees seemed frazzled and very stressed out (They were, however, very polite)
- In once instance, two employees stood in the lobby and argued about their "job description"
- Housekeeping was obviously either untrained or lazy
- Housekeeping staff was seen in the hallways talking on their cellphones
It was evident that the hotel was short staffed. This is all the more reason the employees need to be well trained in order to give stellar service and make up for the shortage. Our first night at the hotel (when they didn't clean our room or leave us towels and cups) we called down to the front desk to ask them to bring up four towels and some cups. An hour later they came with two towels. We asked where the cups were and the employee told us he didn't know. We asked him to come back with some. He never came back. The morning we left (Sunday morning) the desk clerk was also working the breakfast area (preparing all the food, cleaning up, restocking). These two areas were not even close! AND it was busy, both in the breakfast room and at the front desk. It was completely unacceptable that they made this woman run back and forth between these two jobs for hours!
I have stayed in several Baymont Inn and Suites throughout the country. This particular one is definitely not typical of the Baymont name. The hotel at this location is independently owned and most certainly does not deserve to carry the Baymont name. I will be contacting the corporate office and making sure they are aware of the despicable image the New Orleans location is making for Baymont Inn and Suites.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Stay Express Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Chalmette Area Hotel New Orleans
- La Quinta Inn And Suites New Orleans Chalmette Area
- La Quinta New Orleans
- New Orleans La Quinta