“Ok place to stay”

Ranked #150 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Melbourne
“Ok place to stay”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Fine place to stay in New Orleans. It has a Handy location to freeway, good breakfast, nice room, clean and quiet. We were Very happy except the door didn't close properly and there was no way to get change for the laundry. I would stay here again.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank wheressharon
Ronald L, General Manager at Stay Express Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I very much appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointments with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced when the actions of the staff did not meet your expectations. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we may demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Anastasia Brown Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel was a great choice for plant workers who need a cheap place to stay during the week. They are usually coming in from the plants dirty anyway, and are likely the cause of a lot of the stains that people find in the rooms. However, they recently stopped providing refrigerators in the rooms which makes this hotel completely useless for a longer term guest who is trying to save money by staying here. Otherwise, this hotel is dirty, not well kept and not in the greatest part of time. I have had my kids there in the past, but would not bring them again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ronald L, Director of Sales at Stay Express Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory.. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have made the necessary repairs. We do provide Microwaves and fridge to our extended stay guest upon request. Also, we are in the process of getting these items to each room. . Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with Baymont was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

Brampton, Canada
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The rooms were a good size, with no bed bugs. TV and phone didn't work - we didn't even ask to get it fixed or switch rooms since we were only in the hotel to sleep. It is 15 minutes away from Bourbon st, so a pretty expensive taxi ride there & back. Staff were really nice & helped out whenever we asked.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ronald L, General Manager at Stay Express Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at the Baymont Inn & Suites New Orleans and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued customers and appreciate your patronage. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed November 19, 2013

From the photos, you can see this hotel is disgusting. There were dried blood stains on our sheets, mold and spider webs on the ceiling, stains on the carpets. The toilet had a ring around it like it had not been cleaned in weeks. The tub didn't drain and the showerhead didn't work. The place is filthly!!! I asked for a refund and was not given one. I am currently working with their corporate office and the NOLA health dept. GROSS! Pictures taken in room 236.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bama14
Ronald L, General Manager at Stay Express Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory.. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have made the necessary repairs to the backdoor. Also, we are in the process of installing a permanent lighted sign on the exterior of the building. Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with Baymont was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has been remodeled . I usually don't like the first floor but am sooooo glad there were no rooms available on the second floor.
Ice machine is on the second floor and I had to endure the cigarette smoke the whole long walk down the hallway. The carpet needs replacing.
It is OK, but could be better. I wasn't interested in even going see the breakfast .

• Stayed November 2013