“Baymont Inn I-10 Service Rd. New Orleans East”

Stay Express Inn & Suites
Ranked #148 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Picayune
“Baymont Inn I-10 Service Rd. New Orleans East”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel experience overall was ok. The rooms smelled horrible, like water was sitting and mildewed. Everything appeared to be pretty clean. The linens were clean and the bathroom was clean. The wall paper looked as if someone just stuck it up over something else. I only used the hotel to change clothes, shower, and get a quick sleep. If that's all you need, then I would go here, if nothing else is available, which was my situation. Everything was booked for the Essence Festival. The service people were great. They talked to me and also changed rooms for me to be on a lower floor. Breakfast was o.k. I just had a waffle and milk. Nothing spectacular.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Gene D, General Manager at Stay Express Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went. I regret that you had a problem with your stay. I will address the problems with the staff to make things better. We are here to please our guests and would have bent over backwards to make sure your stay was a great one.

Thanks Management of Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Houston
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was horrible. The bathroom was filthy, looked like dried blood in tub, holes in the walls. It smelled bad and there where no clean towel s had to wait for them yo do laundry. I checked out the next day and went to a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Dear Guest:

Thanks Management of Baymont Inn & Suites

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here on our way back from Florida. Hotel was good for an overnight stay, but wouldn't recommend it long term. Rooms were average, but in need of some tlc. Could tell it was hit during Hurricane Katrina and still not all the way fixed (ceiling was peeling and shower faucet wasn't right). There was a good hot breakfast (eggs, bacon, biscuits). Area is coming back very slowly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank smithfamlyTX
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were traveling to Houston on I-10 and needed a place so we stopped at the Baymont in New Orleans. It was a clean, quiet, safe place with a good bed for a good price. That is all I could ask and they had a good breakfast. The staff were polite and helpful. They put me in a room with mold on the ceiling but changed us to across the hall to a fine room when I complained, with no problem. The only other complaint I had, which I did not voice was that pool was dirty enough that I would not let our granddaughter swim in it, but the price was low enough to offset that problem. Would stay again if I was traveling down I-10 because low-cost hotels are hard to come by in this area.

Room Tip: It is off the road but worth the few extra miles.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sodertalje, Sweden
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hotel on the whole was quite tired looking and needed some time spending on it, the surrounding area was quite run down.

The air conditioning unit was quite loud in our room so we had to turn this off to sleep, however the breakfast was acceptable and the bed was comfortable!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Williams Bay, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I am staying here now, which I end the 27th of June staying here, but so far its been horrible horrible...housekeeping sucks. the first day after we checked in they didnt even vacuum the room or empty the ashtray.the 2nd day we got up later but left before 1130 am to go out and went out they never cleaned the room at all didnt take towels or anything. So I talked to manager and he said he would take care of it and check the room, next day they somewhat cleaned room but didnt leave us shampoo or new soap nor empty ashtray or vacuum. the next day wow they actually did good and brought towels back. I have no faith in this hotel or company. I just dont think that the manager cares. Why should I have to pay for a room that isnt cleaned as its their job. I did have a dnd on the door but took it off and they were down the hall when they were cleaning other rooms, its like when they came up to the floor and when people had it on their door they wont check by noon and clean it. So no I wouldnt recommend this place, yes front desk is nice, but I know its not their fault its housekeeping and management. I will not be staying back here again.

Room Tip: Dont pick this one. pay a little more to get a better room, it used to be a LaQuinta and usually I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Orleans
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#110 of 162 in New Orleans
Days Inn New Orleans Pontchartra...
#141 of 162 in New Orleans
Algiers
Federal City Inn & Suites
Federal City Inn & Suites
#84 of 162 in New Orleans

Been to Stay Express Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!