“Staff pleasant, facilities dirty and sketchy area”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #144 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Rug so dirty, my feet were black after crossing the room. Gap under door to exterior. Room not tended to by staff during three night stay. Duvet washed improperly, very lumpy in areas, bare in others. Desk Staff very nice and pleasant and noted deficits. Area has many abandoned homes from hurricane Katrina. Quiet at night.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LesleaEdmonton_Ab
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn & Suites

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed only 1 night reservation booked months in advance thru AARP (shame on AARP for recommending seniors and people with disabilities to this NASTY, UNSAFE PLACE!) The round table top fell off the base when I leaned on it to adjust the AC... Narrowly avoiding a very bad fall! After performing my usual Bedbug check, BOTH beds had enough DNA (in the form of hair, biologicals and other filth) to keep a CSI (Crime Scene Investigator) busy for years! Telephone did not work when attempting to contact front desk for info on the location of the TV remote... (Was told that someone would come by later to fix the telephone... REALLY!) So I had to go to front desk to retrieve TV remote. Carpeting was dirty, smelly and grimy. Had to sleep in chairs because our return flight was in the morning and the thought of sleeping in that bed made me sick to my stomach.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marjory564
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Me and my friend were in town for an event...we checked in on Friday night at about 11:30 we were given the room 243...we open the door and there were no sheets on the beds the drawers were pulled out from the wall and there was a huge square hole in the wall like they were doing repairs to the room...insulation was hanging out of the wall and plaster was all over the floor...when we went back to say we wanted a different room they gave us room 124. So I went and opened the door and there was already someone staying in the room!! So I went back and told the lady at the desk and she have us a suite...room 144...when I went to check this one...there was a guest staying in this one as well!!!! So the lady behind the counter came and check a couple of rooms and was trying to get in touch with her manager (which wasn't interested answering the phone)...we finally got room 133 a suite...it was empty but FILTHY! I was here with my friend and we are both guys, the suit had one bed and a pull out (that was broke)!!! The floors were nasty and the room smelled weird...I was not to thrilled of all the things going on in the neighborhood either...there seemed to be people living at the hotel that were not guests...not really a place one can feel safe at...looking to try to get a better room and survive one more night (everything else is booked up) but sure not gonna make it past that...

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Michael B
Reviewed March 31, 2014

DO NOT stay here. I should've read the reviews first but didn't. My daughter and I only stayed here because it was a pet friendly hotel and I wanted to rack up my Choice Hotel rewards. Won't do that again! From the moment we got in to the room our toilet would flush, the room felt very dirty, the tile floor in bath area was sticky, there were used dip packets laying on the floor by the bed, etc... we checked first thing in the morning and didn't stick around for breakfast. It was confusing trying to figure out how to get into the entrance.

Room Tip: There are no "Good" rooms here
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ardie V
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

My wife booked this hotel on hotels.com, it was supposed to come with fre breakfast and parking for our cruise, she called the hotel directly, they said she would not get the free things booking through a third party. They told her to cancel and rebook with them. She canceled our reservation and she called them back. Their system was down for two days, when the system was up, they had no rooms. We then had to book it through American Airlines website. When we arrived to check in, they wanted to charge us $75.00 for the cruise parking. We went to the room and there was hair on the toilet, the tub and all over the bathroom floor. It was filthy and disgusting. It was terrible. It is also not in the best area. I suggest you stay somewhere else.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 918Ted
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We booked this hotel through Travelocity for $95, we were not not expecting much just a clean hotel room. When we arrived it was AWFUl! The room wasn't even cleaned, comforters were on the floor, and trash wasn't even taken out. If that wasn't bad enough, it is in an unsafe part of town. We were looking to stay somewhere out of New Orleans (French quarter) and this place was not it! We immediately asked for a refund and left. Do not stay here!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Me and my family reserved two suites from March 10-16th. 2014 for spring break. Upon arriving to the Quality Inn and Suites in New Orleans East we almost missed the entry, it was like a short bumpy alley with welcoming grafitti on outside wall. When we enter the Suites there was stains on the furniture, the pullout sofa and the sitting chair in the bed area. ( Same on You Quality Inn ) Oh did I mention the the pullout sofa was broke and the carpet is in immediately need cleaning. I was very surpise that this "CHOICE" Hotel is in such bad of shape. The interior needs a hold new make over for all the rooms. Come on Quality Inn lets get on the good foot and call cooperate office for some assistance. If I was a worker there I would be plum embarrassed of this environment. Oh yea the other suite that we reseved was just as bad, again the sofa bed was broken. But we stayed the whole week and just rolled with the punches. The housekeepers were nice and on their job until late in the evening and not to mention the Hotel was booked up the whole week. SURPISED

Room Tip: If you have a choice, clean your room yourself while you are there and just ask for towells and cups...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family