“Long Check in and no room one night!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #137 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Dallas, TX
“Long Check in and no room one night!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

First off, I want to say that this was my first time in New Orleans and I booked it on Hotwire.
I got to the hotel around 2:00 pm or so, as said in my reservation to check in. I didn't get checked in till 3:30 pm because none of the rooms were cleaned and ready. Housekeeping issue apparently. Got the hotel room with the gracious Jasmine who checked me in. I had a room block of 5 rooms and none were ready, and I was there plus 30 other people at the same time were needing our rooms for the convention in town.
I don't know who worked on Sept 29th, 2012 around 9:30 pm, but I paid for 5 rooms for two nights. Some lady at the front desk (not Jasmine), checked out one of the rooms (bus driver's room) and sold it to another person. There was one room left that was not cleaned at all and was not sold, so the bus driver had to sleep in the bus for one night. When I knew about this, I was going to scream! Properly train your staff! Look at your reservations clearly and carefully before you check out people out of the wrong room and let someone stranded for one night in a bus. I would have opted to sleep in the bus and let the bus driver sleep in my room if I knew about it earlier. Rooms were cleaned except for one room 132, complaints from my guests that not vacuumed and the sheets and blankets weren't even made. I will not be staying at this hotel unless i get comped on my next visit to New Orleans.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank John J
Quality504, Owner at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank for taking the time to bring such matters to our attention. It is always beneficial to hear from our guests and receive their valuable feedback about our hotel. We do appreciate your comment about our staff. Again, we sincerely appreciate your feedback, as it provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve on the services we offer our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We booked a block of rooms October 2012. The rooms were terrible. Smokey smell, dirty carpet, shower head missing, water drained slow in tub. Basically this place was a dump. Pay more money and stay far away from here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Angela A
Quality504, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Quality Inns New Orleans Lakefront. We appreicate your comments about our hotel. I do apologize about your room, I wish I would have known while you were here so we could have switched you to another room. The maintenance staff has been cleaning carpets on a weekly basis to ensure cleanliness. The room you were in certainly does not speak for our rooms here. We would appreciate if you would give us a chance again. I do thank you for bringing this to our attention and I have discussed your comments with our housekeeping staff.

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

The staff at this location were awesome. Front desk were very helpful with getting a taxi and also some good places to eat. Rooms were clean and housekeeping was very curtious. Would define tly recommend to anyone

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you telling us about your experience at the Quality Inns and Suites New Orleans Lakefront! We are so delighted you had such a nice stay. We pride outself in staff service at this hotel! We will certainly let front desk and housekeeping know your comments! We hope we have the opportunity to provide your accommodations again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

i could not...this was the only hotel i could find in the area at such a short notice because of the hurricane...the hotel itself has some bad reviews about its area and clientele but that was certainly not the issue i found...the problem is the staff...i arrived at 4:15pm and waited for a half hour for someone to show up at the desk...not a soul to be found...i left to make a briefing that was scheduled for my work...when i returned at 7:15pm i was told my room wasn't ready and i'd have to wait till they found one...forty minutes later i was put into a room...the interior was fine...not the flea bag that other reviews listed it to be...by 10:30pm i was in my bed and just about falling asleep when my door was pushed open by the inept staff...i had the bar across the door so when they pushed it open the force was so strong that it sounded like the room was being broken into...the manager yells into the cracked door "who's in this room"...scares the living hell out of me...door being forced open at 10:45pm...the manager tells me he was 100% sure there was no one in the room...great customer service there...i'm 100% sure that he's an moron...even if i were positive the room was empty i'd have still knocked once just to be sure...but no, this idiot doesn't think to do that...just tries to bust into the room...if i hadn't paid up front with a web site i would have left right then but i knew there would be no way to get a refund...the manager on duty did not apologize...he just acted like he was in the right to open a door without knocking first because his computer showed the room to be empty...didn't bother to check with the paper work on his desk left by the other front desk worker...my advice is find a different place to stay because i'm pretty sure they don't learn from their mistakes by the looks of all the negative reviews of this place...i wish i had read a few before i pushed that button to book...the manager tried to blow off all the bad reviews by saying people who enjoy their stays at hotels don't bother to write good reviews...what a crock...learn to treat your customers right and maybe you'd get some good reviews...

Room Tip: rooms that are at another establishment
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank randy c
Quality504, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed on this occasion, and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. I appreciate your feedback and have discussed every issue in your letter with our staff and corrective action is being taken. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

The staff was extremely helpful and willing to go the extra mile when it comes to their guest. The breakfast was freshly made and it tasted so good. I would not change 1 thing about this hotel it was really a nice place to stay. Really close to Bourbon and the Superdome. Staff are the friendlist.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

This Quality Inn was ok, but it looked like it was situated in a rather dodgy (unsafe) area. We used it because we had a dog, and a lot of the other hotels charge a substantial premium for a dog in a hotel e.g. $25 per night plus a $100 non-refundable cleaning fee. If I hadn't already booked it online, I would have gone to a better quality inn and location.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a tip. I always ask for a room in a quiet location.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank m_a_forster
Allen Park, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

The MOTEL was not a nice place to stay at all!!...First I received an E Mail about four days before my trip stating that it was to late to cancel my reservation. I thought most HOTELS give you at least forty eight hours prior and up to four pm the day of the reservation. Nooooo not this place. Come to find, I was actually charged the full amount of the room charge the day I received that E-Mail. Seems deceitful and underhanded to me. No where did I ready you will be charged before you even arrive?!?!.....Secondly, ALL of the horrible reviews said about this place "IT'S TRUE!!!!!!" This MOTEL was off the beaten path, the carpet was dirty, water bugs in the bathroom, lighting in the room was horrible, people hanging out on the balcony, people screaming obscenities all times of the day, loud music, pool dirty (no one swam) B-B-Q pits in front of doors (like they rent rooms by the week or month?!?! etc. DO NOT STAY HERE. I grew up in a semi ruff neighborhood and I felt unsafe at this MOTEL.

Room Tip: Check the reviews first.....
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo