“Great Service”

Ranked #139 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Mobile, Alabama
“Great Service”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My family and I stayed here recently and honestly, upon arrival we were not too pleased by the look of this place. But all of our doubts seemed to vanish once we arrived at the front desk to check in. The front desk girl was delightfully pleasant and helpful. Although check in time was 2pm, we arrived early and the desk clerk accommodated us efficiently. She gave us terrific directions to downtown and was overall a very spirited and humorous young lady. If you plan on staying here, just know that the rooms are mediocre but the staff is absolutely wonderful!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank inthedeepend

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Liberty Lake, Washington
Reviewed July 25, 2011

You must be kidding me. This gets nothing but ones all the way. Borderline dangerous.
1. Odors can be smelled two doors down before entering room
2. Bedding will have to be sprayed with lysol to kill the germs.
3. Bad location, people selling things from there cars and ladies of the evening
4. Doors don't stay secured, so double check them when leaving room for proper closure
5. Pool had things floating in it and no one got in the water.
6. View is of closed buildings and old tires left on the next property over
7. I did not feel safe at all

Room Tip: Do not trust the pictures on most web sites unless from travelers
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank teachthemyoung

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

kansas city
Reviewed July 22, 2011

we booked this motel as we did many through hotels.com. All i Can say is they got me again. I will go straight to the point. GPS could not locate it from the address that was given. You have to drive down what looks like an alley to get to this location. You feel like your checking into a motel where only the serious criminals go meet. The first room had so much mold and I could smell the odor, three rooms over. I refused both rooms that was already booked and the cancellation time had past. The next two rooms smelled and the carpet and bed covers were stained. I was going to just deal with it for the one night but as I exited the room I found that one room would not remain closed. Got the third set of rooms which were on the second floor which was much better, but was still dimly lit to keep you from seeing how dirty it was. Also the pool shown on the website appeared 50 years older and barely able to hold water.

• Stayed July 2011
5 Thank curt1480
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stayed here after a fantastic visit at the Best Western Landmark in the French Quarter--we only moved because the rates there jumped so dramatically for the weekend. This motel is very far from downtown/the airport, and is an expensive taxi ride away from either of these locations. The motel itself is not located in a great part of town, though we personally did not experience any problems. Our room was not very clean, and there were bugs around and some stains on the beds (but, I will point out, NO bedbugs--we did check). Front desk service was efficient and courteous, and the free breakfast was surprisingly decent, but neither of these things justified the $100+ room rate (especially if you include two expensive taxi rides)...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank mesocyclone2011
Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Rooms stank and were filthy. Bed linens were dirty as if they had not been washed. Appeared as if someone threw paint on the walls as quickly as possible in order to reopen for business after Katrina. We cancelled our reservation. The staff helpfully recommended a few other nicer hotels.

Might be ok for an out of town construction worker, but if your health is important to you, I would find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank GKJ777
Rossville, GA
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I will preface this by saying that staying here was an error.. I booked through an online site and I thought I had booked the Downtown Quality Inn.. in fact, that is where I showed up and was told I had actually booked this Quality Inn on the I-10 service road. I don't hold this against the hotel.. this was my error.

Unfortunately, the hotel flat out stinks. The room reeked of smoke.. It had an almost constant headache because of it. I saw a very large roach on my last morning there. The area around the hotel is pretty much a wasteland.. apparently quite wiped out by Katrina. It's not far from downtown, but if you want to be out drinking and just walk to your room, obviously this doesn't work.

I will say I thought the breakfast they offered was quite good and the front desk staff seemed nice enough. The hotel stinks and has bugs, though.. just flat out unacceptable. For the first time ever on a trip to New Orleans, I left early and came home.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank captainoneliner
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I travel a lot and have a variety of experiences to draw from. This hotel needs a serious makeover. First thing that hits you when you walk in a room is the nasty smoke stained smell. I would not walk on the carpet barefooted. The bed spread had a big burn hole in it. The staff seems very indifferent to the low quality conditions. Maybe they live like that, but I don't. It is close to a variety of things in New Orleans. We were there for Jazz Fest. But, I would pay twice as much as the $80 per night to make sure I am safe and comfortable. Put it this way. There is a convience store around the corner. They were openly selling drugs in the parking lot. Saw it with my eyes. I realize they have no control over what happens around the corner, but they have full control over their hotel. Sad, very sad

Room Tip: Skip it and move on
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends