“Nice staff”

Ranked #100 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
San diego
“Nice staff”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Our company stayed here while we were in town for business . The hotel was nice clean and rooms were spacious. The staff especially Brian and Charity were great. I also recommend eating at hotel restaurant cheesecake bistro. Food was so delicious and wait staff warm and friendly. Ellie was great!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Sonia T
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are always pleased to hear when we do our job well! I do hope the next time you are in town you will come back and see us!
Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Oklahoma
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Excellent staff,with many suggestions for restaurants in the area, clean and large rooms, across the street from trolley stop. Great restaurant attached. Continental breakfast included if you get up early enough otherwise coffee is always available as is cereal and milk.
Christmas week in New Orleans was really fun! Used AAA discount.

Room Tip: All are non-smoking
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pamandDRJ
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear PamandDRJ,
Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our staff, rooms, location and restaurant. I do hope you will come back and see us the next time you are in the area!
Youngsville, Louisiana
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Great location. Felt safe. Valet parking. Room did smell a bit "moldy", but not horrible. Reported to desk that toilet was leaking. Tried the restaurant downstairs....NOT worth the 1 hr 15 min wait for the food. Tried ordering for pick up the next day, and the order was wrong.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Darlene N
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Darlene N,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am so sorry we did not live up to your expectations. I have forwarded your review to the restaurant owners and management.
Thank you for reporting your toilet because you alerted us to the problem, it has been replaced.
I had housekeeping and maintenance check your room for any "mold" and there was none found.
I do hope you will give us a chance to show you our award winning service the next time you are in town.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2013

On the edge of the Garden district, a short streetcar ride into the French quarter, surrounded by good bars including the 24 hour Avenue Pub that could challenge any beer list in the world.
The staff were excellent, especially Brian at the front desk who recommended some outstanding restaurants and was always trying to point us in the direction of the best food, music and local fun.
The hotel is quite basic but the rooms are huge, the beds are comfortable and the hotel is clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tomdjenkinson
tomdjenkinson,
Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Brian is very knowledgeable about the area and it is good to hear he shared this knowledge with you. I do hope we see you again the next time you are in the area.
Clarion grand Boutique Hotel
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel in the month of July for the past 3 years. Location is great, staff friendly and knowledge. Trolley is conveniently located right outside the doors for easy access to the main parts of town. Great restaurant attached to the hotel is a major plus. I am the GM of a Choice Property myself so kudos to management, guest services, housekeeping and maintenance. The entire team deserves recognition. I highly recommend this hotel.

My only suggestion would be to have the front desk agent stand when a guest walks in. The desk is low which is understandable but it looks more presentable!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
LoyalTraveler04,
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad your overall stay was a good one. I will pass on your kudos to everyone!
Thank you for your suggestion. I am so sorry our desk agent was sitting when you arrived. It is our policy to stand for every guest and I will make sure this does not happen again.
Again thank you so much for your stay. I do hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Every two years or so I come down to NOLA to work with the “Habitat for Humanity” team. I try to mix up the locations each time so I can experience a different part of the city. I can honestly tell you that from now on, this hotel will be where I will stay.

I was a little nervous when I arrived, as the comments were so extreme, and people either loved it or hated it. Well, count me in as one of the people who loved it.

Things you should know:

-staff: very good.

-location: about 15 minutes by trolley to the Quarter. I’m not sure what people were talking about when they said the area was “sketchy”, my young lady and I felt nothing but safe at all hours of the day and night. Also, take some time and walk around the Garden District…so very nice.

-trolleys: are a fun and cheap way to get around ($1.25-and better discounts are available). Find out if there is construction on the line though, if there is they get very crowded and don’t run as often. It’s only 11 bucks or so (with tip) to get downtown by cab, and you could always walk it (30 minutes).

-noise: yes, if you have a room facing the street, you will hear the trolleys go back and forth-I found this charming and not the least bit intrusive.

-the room: I had a Jacuzzi suite as I wanted to soak my weary bones after a day on the build site…and with all the walking around you do, it give’s your tootsies a nice little break. Worth the extra cost.

-continental breakfast: just right.

-restaurant: I didn’t get a chance to try it out, but it was packed each night with locals, so it must be quite good.

-best time to visit: I’m really not much of a crowd guy, so Sun-Thur is really the best time to go. Smaller lines, less crazy, and better room rates.

-music: go to Frenchman Street and make a point to enter each and every venue that has music-you really can’t go wrong.

-food: so much to say and not enough time. Best find for me? The charbroiled oysters at Acme Oyster House. Use the Trip Advisor restaurants breakdown as a guide…never let me down.

-Habitat for Humanity: think about giving one day on your visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank comfieslippers
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Comfieslippers,
Thank you so much for your review of our property. It is great that our future guests have such an informative post to help make their hotel decision. I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay here with us.
I also want to thank you for your service to our community. We appreciate your work with habitat for humanity and the good they do for our locals.
We hope you come back and see us the next time you are in our city.
Best Regards,
Southwest Louisiana
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Recently visited this property for a quick getaway with girlfriends to do a little shopping and enjoy New Orleans. Our experience at the Grand Boutique could not have been better. We felt totally safe, the location is excellent and the property was very clean and well maintained. The street car runs right in front of the hotel, which is such a fun way to get around the City. The staff members were all super friendly and accommodating! Would definitely recommend the Grand Boutique to others and looking forward to visiting again soon!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Slatraveler,
Thank you so much for taking time to review our property. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us to your friends. It is so nice to hear when we do our job well.
I am also glad you pointed out that you felt safe in our location. We are located in the historic garden district; one of the best spots in the city for culture, beauty, shopping, historic charm and of course safety.
I do hope you will come back soon to visit with us. "laissez le bon temps rouler!"