“Would stay again and highly recommend”

Ranked #108 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I booked this hotel after reading the reviews. Our stay this weekend was wonderful. Don't let the look of the outside deter you, this hotel is really nice inside.

Pros: not too expensive, super fast check-in/out, Walgreens at the corner (get your streetcar pass here, the one day is only $3), courteous front desk staff, streetcar stops near, valet parking (even though it is $18/day) but the guys were super friendly and helpful and thorough about explaining everything, clean and spacious rooms, breakfast selection was better than expected (but the oranges looked a bit dry and old), lobby/dining area is really clean and modern

Cons: the lady at the front desk was on a personal call on her cell phone when we came to check-in on Friday night. We didn't have to wait long for her to finish, but having to wait at all was kind of off-putting. We were on the third floor and the hallway had a slight foul odor to it the whole time but our room was fine. There was also a very strong cleaning product smell in the elevator on Saturday morning; it was a pleasant smell but very strong.

Overall, great experience! I didn't get to try the restaurant but will on my next stay that will definitely be at this hotel if I choose the same area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LSpivey
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your review LSpivey!
I am so glad overall you had a great experience. We always appreciate any feedback and am glad that you gave an honest account of your stay!
I am so sorry that at check-in our desk agent was on the phone. This is not our policy and I have spoken to this agent about her actions. I am also sorry there was an odor in the hallway. We are investigating that now.
I do hope the next time you are in New Orleans you will come and see us again!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Recommended by a friend who stayed here before. It is a terrific hotel for the price. The location is wonderful - right on the St. Charles streetcar line. Service and staff were outstanding. Rooms very comfortable and up to date. Will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank afk23
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Afk23,
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am pleased to hear your stay was a good one. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
We appreciate your business and hope that the next time you are in New Orleans you will make us your home away from home again!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We arrived at this hotel after a long bus journey then a 12 hour train journey from Nashville,
We had firstly payed to stay at Saint vincents guest house (please do not stay here even if your on a budget) but when we got to our room we were extremely unsatisfied and we decided to go for a walk, when we came across this hotel. The manager at the desk noticed how upset and exhausted we were and told us the price of the room per night, but said there is a coupon he can put through for us so we stay for $79.99 instead of over $100, so we immidatley checked out of the other horrid place and checked in to this one with ease. Once in our room it was lovely art deco with two queen beds, a huge tv with all the channels needed and amazing aircon (which is defiantly needed with the heat in New Orleans). A second plus to this hotel is that the street trams are on the same street which are lovely surrounded by palm trees and the tram stop is right outside the hotel.
The breakfast was really good having sausage, bacon and egg. As well as cereal, muffins, toast, yogurts and fruit.ll an amazing hotel and all the staff were great!! I would recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vic M
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Vic M,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It was such a pleasure meeting you and I hope that your first impression with NOLA was remedied with our hospitality. I do hope the next time you are stateside you come and visit us.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I've stayed here 5+ times. They have the kind of beds you melt in. The decor is amazing. The jacuzzi suites are the best. They have french doors that open to the balcony, over looking St. Charles Ave., and the Street Car (Trolley) Line. Very, very spacious rooms. ROOM SERVICE was great every time!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad we are your second home here in New Orleans. We hope you come back and see us soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Everything and everybody associated with the hotel always makes my stay a pleasant and wonderful experience. However, due to unforeseen last minute changes in order to accommodate my guest and her son with special needs, the evening manager, Brian Luppens lifted the already high bar of hospitality and made this trip even more special. I should also note that the valet parking guys and room service were also great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dale S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experiences with our staff. I am so pleased to hear Brian helped make you and your guests feel special.I will be sharing your kind words with him and the rest of the team during my next management meeting.
I do hope the next time you are in the New Orleans area you will stop by and see us again.
Regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My favoirite place to stay when visiting New Orleans. Easy to get to downtown and the French Quarter using the St Charles Streetcar, plus fun to ride uptown to Audobon Zoo and Riverbend area. Large rooms, friendly staff, and Copeland's has wonderful food. Quiet but close to everything. I have stayed here several times over the last couple of years and have never had an issue with the rooms or staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am so pleased to hear we are your "favorite place to stay in New Orleans." It is wonderful to hear when we are doing things right over at the Grand Boutique Hotel and I thank you for sharing your experience with us and our future guests.
What a great tip to offer regarding New Orleans transportation. The streetcar is an amazingly fun way to see our city, and for 1.25 per ride you can't beat the price! Since it passes directly in front of the hotel it is such a quick and convenient way to explore.
I hope you have a great day and hope to see you on your next visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed here for two and a half weeks while teaching a summer class at Tulane. The staff made sure I knew what was happening around town, how to get there, and were genuinely interested in helping me to enjoy everything I could while in New Orleans. One manager, Brian Luppens, deserves special kudos - when a colleague and I rented bikes he told us all about local bike routes, safe roads, and social bike groups who welcome visitors and newcomers for easy rides. He really saved the day when we took the ferry to Algiers for Wednesday night music at The Point and the ferry broke down after it dropped us across the river. There was no way to get back to New Orleans because the emergency buses only took 2 bikes at a time and there were dozens of us waiting. Mr Luppens recognized us in the crowd, found a pick-up truck driver willing to take our bikes back and someone else to drive us across the bridge. He gave up his own chance to get a ride with people he knew just so we could get back to the hotel. That's exceptional service!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I am so pleased to hear that Brian went above and beyond during your stay! I am happy to share this review with him and all other members of the management team.
I am so pleased you had a pleasant experience with us and do hope to see you again the next time you are in New Orleans!