Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
$179
$153
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$238
$209
$249
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$111
$99
  • Breakfast included
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$118
$303
$259
$138
$102
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$109
$104
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$179
  • Pool
All reviewscheesecake bistrogarden districttrolley stop cafetrolley linevalet parkinggreat locationfrench quarteron st charles averestaurant downstairssmall hotelcontinental breakfastcoffee makercharles trolleywould stay here againfridge and microwavebreakfast areaaudubon park
Reviewed April 8, 2011

We had a bit of a problem upon check-in when they didn't have the reserved room available. When we went to speak to the woman at the front desk about it, she shrugged her shoulders and said she could get us the room we wanted on the day we were leaving. Gee, thanks.

The next day, we realized our TV remote didn't work and the staff person at the front desk was friendly, polite, and helpful.

In short: Day staff-delightful Night staff-rude

Every interaction we had with the evening staff was disappointing to say the least. Any time we asked a question, it seemed as though they couldn't be bothered. Probably becuase they were on the phone most of the time.

Upon leaving, however, I was able to speak to the manager on duty who was more than helpful and understanding of our situation. He even took the time to figure out why the room we reserved wasn't available. Our staff experience was greatly improved after meeting him.

Aside from that, the rooms are large, clean and well cared for. The location is superb (you can catch the St. Charles trolly right outside), close to shops, cafes, and restaurants (try The Trolly Stop next door!).

We, personally, may not stay here again, but would have no hesitation suggesting it to anybody. It's a good hotel at a good price.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
grandboutiquenola, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for writing a review. I am always happy to know how my staff and I are doing with our guests, weather it is a positive or negative experience, because we can only improve by knowing how we performed.
I am so sorry that you had a bad experience with our evening shift. I do want to assure you that after we spoke i scheduled a retraining workshop for all staff to ensure the highest standards of customer service are met with each and every guest.
Like I stated at checkout, it seemed that your room was booked through a wholesaler which does not reserve a specific room type. We do try our best to accommodate requests for bed types for these reservations, but it is based on availability.
Other than that I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and that you would suggest your friends stay with us. I do hope you will give us another chance to show you our platinum award winning service.
Best Regards,
2011 Choice Hotels Platinum Award Winner
2010 Choice Hotels Gold Award Winner
2009 Choice Hotels Gold Award Winner
2009 Choice Hotels Inn of the Year Finalist

Reviewed April 7, 2011

Stayed here for a convention. Good location, clean large room, awesome staff. I will come in next time i am in new orleans! The desk had great recommendations for dinner and i always had a cab waiting for me. Kudos to the management for keeping on your toes!

Room Tip: I got the cheapest room and it was perfect
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2011

The location couldn't have been better...right on the St. Charles streetcar line so the French Quarter was about 5 minutes away but far enough that we were near grocery stores, Walgreens, and regular fast food. We were able to buy our Streetcar passes at the grocery store almost next door, along with milk and juice for the kids so we weren't paying tourist prices everyday. There were taxis available anytime. Our only complaint, not even worth complaining to management, was that our room was not vacuumed a single time in our 4 day stay. The sock fuzz that was there when we checked in was there when we checked out. Towels and sheets were changed and the trash emptied daily. The front desk kept all 8 pieces of our luggage on the last day so that we could check out on time (noon) but still sightsee before hading to the train station. The Cheesecake Bistro located in the hotel was amazing. It was elegant enough to justify the above average pricing but noisy enough that we didn't feel like our kids were a bother. One problem with a room service order was more than corrected by the Kitchen Manager. One suggestion - if you are a light sleeper you should bring a noise maker or air purifier. The air conditioner was great but didn't have a setting to run constantly. I was the only one in my group bothered and not much at that. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to New Orleans.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
grandboutiquenola, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always nice to hear both what we are doing correctly, and what we can improve on. I want to assure you that we take cleanliness very seriously here at the Grand Boutique Hotel. I have showed your review to the housekeeping staff and have stressed the importance of vacuuming stay-over rooms each day. I am glad that this did not diminish your impression of our property or our city! I hope your travels bring you back to New Orleans soon and, if they do, that we see y'all again!
Best Regards,
2011 Choice Hotels International Platinum Award Winner

Reviewed March 24, 2011

We booked at the last minute for Mardi Gras and absolutely loved the location...all the good parades on St. Charles, Grocery store, drug store, great restaurants and bars all within walking distance....the staff was very hospitable and gracious. The entry into the hotel was controlled during the big parades....and we always felt safe. We have already booked our rooms for next year.....

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
grandboutiquenola, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay. I hope we will see you next year!
2011 Choice Hotels Platinum Award Winner

Reviewed March 9, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying here during Mardi Gras weekend. I could not have more pleased with the hotel. The room was clean and spacious, with a fridge and microwave. While the room was nice, it was the location and staff that make this hotel a standout. Located on St. Charles, it is convenient to the Garden District, Uptown, Audubon Park and the French Quarter. The front desk staff is polite, friendly, and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
grandboutiquenola, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2011

I am so glad you had a great time stay and appreciate your kind words so very much. Please do not hesitate to call us for any of your needs next time you are in New Orleans! "Laissez les bon temps rouler!"
2011 Choice Hotels International Platinum Award Winner