“Wonderful place!”
Review of Hotel St. Marie

Hotel St. Marie
Ranked #59 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed February 27, 2005

My sister and I stayed at the Hotel St. Marie for 4 nights last week. 2/20-2/24/2005. The hotel was so nice! The front desk clerk, Tasha, was so helpful and greeted us when we came in and went out. Everyone was very personable! Our room was wonderful, clean and the balcony really added to the ambiance of the whole French Quarter experience. Thanks for a wonderful time and we will recommend your hotel to our friends. I can't wait to return and stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2005
4  Thank Maybaby1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,963)

Memphis, TN
Reviewed February 20, 2005

I manage corporate events for FedEx and select hotels around the globe. I know hotels! When I need to “get away” from corporate life and get some "New Orleans," the Hotel St. Marie is my choice. One block to the quarter and central to everything, St. Marie should be your home in New Orleans. Hotel St. Marie has wonderful amenities, Old South charm and is small enough to provide personal service. The rooms are great, reasonably priced, a good value for your personal travel dollars. Their breakfast is the best and most reasonably priced in the quarter. Don’t miss the Bloody Mary’s.
The staff KNOWS you’re at the hotel and are the kindest in the Quarter. Where else do you hug the front desk clerk, bellman and valet goodbye!
Hotel St. Marie is my personal choice for New Orleans; it’s like going home again and again. Make it yours. Book early. The secret is out.

Mary Harvey Gurley
Manager, Local Market and Event Management
FedEx Corporation

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 30, 2005

We spent New Year's weekend at this charming hotel. The location is perfect, centrally located. New Year's morning we were awakened by the pitter patter or should I say munch munch of two little mice. As I watched them devour a bag of crackers and then scatter, I looked under the armoire and discovered already present traps. Eight hours later the pest control came and baited them again. Management apologized and comped us a wonderful meal in the restaurant and credited our bill. A class act done without a problem.

8  Thank Fuzzydog007
Davis, California
Reviewed January 19, 2005

From the warm "Southern Hospitality" greeting by Jerry at the Front Desk, and the wonderful handeling of our 5 bags by the Bell Captain, to the room service facilities, we were treated like royalty by their gracious concern for our comfort.

We would like to commend Michael Valentino, Managing Partner on his splendid/skillful managerial talents in staffing his operations.

We look forward to our next trip to the French Quarter.

Kindest personal regards to all,

Mr. and Mrs. Richard D. Ayala
(Governator's Cruisers)

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 15, 2005

This small boutique hotel was absolutely wonderful. It's not the Ritz-Carlton or the Four Seasons, but it has charm, friendly staff, an incredible location, amazing on-site restaurant (try the bloody marys!) and a neat pool and courtyard. The rooms are nicely furnished and comfortable. I am coming back for Halloween and looking forward to it.

4  Thank Sk0rpio_Gregg
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed January 12, 2005

We stayed 3 nights late November 2004. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room was nice and big with a huge bath room.

A+++ LOCATION...LOCATION..LOCATION!!!

Only thing that really would have made it better would be chairs on the balcony. We travelled with our 13-month old who needed an afternoon nap and it would have been nice to sit outside.

• Stayed: December 2004
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 3, 2005

I stayed at the St. Marie in December and greatly enjoyed my stay. It was a last minute choice and not very well researched. After booking my room, I found this website and read the reviews. They were very mixed. I took the chance knowing my stay in NOLA would be a short one.

I was pleasantly surprised. My room was ready ahead of the 4PM check in time. My room was big in size and the bathroom was clean and pretty. It was staying at the Hilton, but for a cheaper price. We passed on the restaurants in the hotel, as they seemed a bit pricey. But the location was just amazing, seeing its literally two minutes away from the bustle of Bourban. Great location of a night out on the street- we went out for dinner, came back to our room for a quick cocktail break, and went out dancing. Finding it was chillier than anticipated, I came back to the room, grabbed a sweater and was back dancing in 5 mins!!!

It seems people's expectations have varied by the floor- my room was on the 2nd floor, faced the street but was not too noisy.

Thanks St. Marie. I'll stay here again in the future, definitely.

9  Thank ltowngirl