“We enjoyed our stay.”

Hotel St. Marie
Ranked #61 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
“We enjoyed our stay.”
Reviewed July 30, 2004

We stayed at the Hotel St. Marie two nights in late July 2004, and enjoyed our time there. The room was fairly nice size with a balcony, for $70. The balcony was large, although we didn't spend much time on it. The courtyard was pretty and a pleasant place to sit in late afternoon. The pool was clean. The restaurant next door (Hillary's) seemed nice, but was too expensive for us. Onsite parking is $20- we parked a few blocks away on Rampart St. for $15, because we did not need our car until we left town. The location is excellent for exploring the french Quarter.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
Navarre, Florida
Reviewed July 28, 2004

The hotel was nice. I was disappointed that I couldn't use the coupon for free parking because I booked online. I was also disappointed that we didn't get a room with a balcony that I wanted, considering most of the rooms have balcony's. The guy at the front desk wasn't friendly, but the rest of the staff were wonderful and the hotel was extremely clean.

• Stayed January 2005
3 Thank Vanilla1217
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed July 28, 2004

Great location, a half-block from Bourbon Street. Was quiet while we were there, but might pick up more noise at a busier time of year.

I was a little bit afraid of what the room condition might be since it's an old building, but it was quite clean and comfortable.

Paid extra for a balcony room, but it wasn't what I expected. We were in a corner room, so our balcony also had windows to the hallway (so anyone passing down the hall could look onto our balcony). There weren't any chairs, so we would have had to drag the padded chairs from the room. This was a little bit disappointing. But then again, it was so nasty hot and muggy out there, even at 6:00 in the morning, that it wasn't comfortable anyway.

Hotel staff was pleasant. No problems.

Not a lot of privacy for the bathroom. There were louvered doors between the bedroom and "dressing area," and then another louvered door between the dressing area and the bathroom.

• Stayed July 2004
4 Thank Kaceii
Reviewed July 23, 2004

We had reserved 2 same floor rooms. Desk clerk said no way ,small hotel, and don't give a ---- attitude. Lack of wash cloths was a daily problem after maid service. One room had a live MOUSE at night & desk clerk said "what do you want me to do about it?" Next day rodent glue traps were in stair wells. The pool turned green on the third day and remained un usable three days later at checkout. Absolutely no water pressure for showers. Will return to New Orleans but not to the Hotel St Marie.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 18, 2004

This hotel was absolutely awesome to us! My wife and I visited New Orleans during the week of 7/10-7/15 and we had a blast. I've got to give props to our girl Jerry at the front desk, she was phenomenal! Our check-in would have been somewhat adventurous, had it not been for her prompt attention. We got there early on Saturday and though check-in wasn't until 3pm, Jerry allowed us to check into our room three hours before then. Thanks Jerry. The location is great. Just two blocks away from world famous "Preservation Hall." You must go to this place if you want to listen to some real, unadulterated New Orleans jazz. You're only about 4 blocks away from Jackson Square. Can't beat it! The pool isn't what we expected (somewhat dirty), but heck, we were away from the hotel having fun for so long, we didn't need it. Our room was very clean, cozy and on the fifth floor. This hotel is great if you value location and customer service. We had a great time and we plan on staying there again and again!!!

• Stayed July 2004
3 Thank Sergnava
Reviewed July 3, 2004

This city is so unique to other american cities that you feel like you are in another country. Life is very laid back in this environment. For new comers staying in the Quarter is an absolute must! The Hotel St. Marie was superbly clean. The staff was very friendly, and its location was literally a jump, hop, and skip away from Bourbon Street. The hotel also had a nice restaurant, bar, and pool and courtyard. Parking wasn't free but when we found free parking in the quarter on Decauter, the concierge let us park free in their garage! The hotel seemed very simple in comparison to the beauty of the quarter. However, it is a great price at $70.00 - $90.00 a night. I have no complaints about this hotel what so ever. I can really only vouch for this one. However, Next time I might stay in the Price Conti or Place D'armes because their location is futher away from Bourbon ( and Tourists) I haven't seen the inside of these hotels but if they are as nice as The Saint Marie I know I would be satisfied - They looked to be more New Orleans style etnic in the brochures. And they are run by the same mgmt. which means clean and friendly! I feel that staying in Jackson Square is more appealing than off of Bourbon Street - but who am I? Actually I lived in New Orleans from 96-98. Off of Decauter - you have Cafe du Monde - cool bars, restaurants (way over priced) and great shopping.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 28, 2004

We stayed at the Hotel St. Marie for 7 days in June, 2004 and found the hotel to be clean, spacious, and the front desk staff were friendly and very helpful. The location was great, one block from Bourbon Street and not far from the French Market. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member